Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!!!

peaked ???? we were first and finished 7th !!!! we had very ordinary 8 weeks of footy and gave up a 18 point lead to a lowly gold coast and lost...

how have we peaked ??? we have had one good game and now were up for our 2nd.... let s see how we go with this...

storm was a different side with one legged cameron smith.... if he isnt taking the conversions you know there is something wrong...

Saturday will be alot closer then you think.... they can score , we cant ... we can defend they cant... best decisions on the night will win
No arguments there, it's not going to be a walk in the park this Saturday. But I am just hoping that the best is yet to come.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honestly cant see a margin of greater than 4-6 points
if ballin plays im shitting bricks
if ballin is out i will breathe alot easier throughout the 80mins
I'd rather he plays and we finish him off.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how one good win changes all. the form on the week end came out of nowhere. I'm hoping it continues. Had a terrible nightmare last night we went down 58 - 0... haha I don't think I can see into the future!

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly cant see a margin of greater than 4-6 points
if ballin plays im shitting bricks
if ballin is out i will breathe alot easier throughout the 80mins
We handled Cam Smith we can handle Matt Ballin

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
On the question of form, the last time we flogged the Storm this year was round 4, when we beat them by 28 points.

That game was the start of a 7 game winning streak.

The dogs destiny is in the hands of the players now. They know they can do it, they just have to turn up for 80 minutes for three more games.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Round 16 Bulldogs 6 Melbourne 4 in Melbourne - unconvincing but a wins a win.
Round 17 Bulldogs 23 Manly 16 at ANZ - more convincing but Dogs missing origin players, Perrett, Klemmer and lost Tolman 5 minutes in. Players playing out of position. Manly missing G Stewart, Watmough, Cherry-Evans and Tafua.

Finals week 1 Bulldogs 28 Melbourne 4 in Melbourne.
Finals week 2 Bulldogs v Manly at SFS ??????? Dogs missing Kasiano, Lloyd Perrett and T.Brown; Manly missing G Stewart, Watmough, Ballin, Buhrer. Interesting...

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing Reni line up for the Dogs in a semi for the first time in years. I am certain he will give it everything!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Sea Eagles: Friday is D-Day for Manly, who have three players facing fitness tests. Matt Ballin (broken fibula) did some light running early in the week, but is yet to train with the team and is unlikely to be a late inclusion. Jayden Hodges (neck) and James Hasson (thigh) missed some training early in the week but have since joined the main squad on the paddock and are firming to play. Jorge Taufua is under pressure to hold his wing spot, with Clint Gutherson gunning to be a late inclusion.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In Bangkok tonight, Setanta showing Dogs v Storm from last Sunday.... Got me excited for Saturday. Bought a bottle of Bundy in Office Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 33 ready to go!

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In Bangkok tonight, Setanta showing Dogs v Storm from last Sunday.... Got me excited for Saturday. Bought a bottle of Bundy in Office Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 33 ready to go!
Im with you champ.was in Rome on the weekend waiting on updated scores...sucks to be away when where finally making a run

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Manly last weekend taught us a great lesson , even when 40 - 0 down they still managed to come back and score and unanswered 24 points on the back of Jamie Lyon .
Massive massive massive challenge guys , but I think we can do it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
wrong thread... but watching a classic match (roosters v cowboys PF 2004) Ricketson layer the biggest dog shot (stiff arm to the head) to Nathan Fein, defies belief how he got to play us in the GF. But the better team won anyways :D

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wrong thread... but watching a classic match (roosters v cowboys PF 2004) Ricketson layer the biggest dog shot (stiff arm to the head) to Nathan Fein, defies belief how he got to play us in the GF. But the better team won anyways :D
Ricketson didn't play gf.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can handle ballin no probs
i meant as in he stiffens up their middle defence and has the ability to go 80 mind without interchange.
jayden hodges is a turnstile in defence and wont go 80 mins using up 2-3 interchanges for manly
u get my drift

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey boys got some mail take it as you want. I'm told from source Ballin definitely won't play, Hodges will play but start from bench come on after twenty. Harrison to start in back row purely for his defence and Horo will start game at hooker moving to back row after Hodges comes on and Harrison takes a breather. I'm getting info second hand but very confident..

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney swans win tonight , tomorrow the Bulldogs win! lets ****ing GOOO

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tipping dogs by 4-6. I think this is going to be a really close game. Manly where totally starved of the footy in that first half last week, they completed something like 11 from 12 sets.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey boys got some mail take it as you want. I'm told from source Ballin definitely won't play, Hodges will play but start from bench come on after twenty. Harrison to start in back row purely for his defence and Horo will start game at hooker moving to back row after Hodges comes on and Harrison takes a breather. I'm getting info second hand but very confident..
Thanks for the update bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.