Early Thoughts: Semi Finals - Bulldogs vs Manly Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They shouldn't underestimate us my friend.
We destroyed a side with the Australian Dummy half, Australian Fullback, Australian Halfback and an Australian Second rower they also had the "Australian Captian"....Im sure Manly won't underestimate us

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of the Manly line up, if we play like what we did against Storms and with some improvement no ones gonna stop us. Ourselves to blame if we loose this one. On the other end if we win with ease it will send alarm bells to the remainder of the teams and that's most likely the case by the end of game. I have a feeling Des has the team peaked at the right time of the year we will wait and see.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We destroyed a side with the Australian Dummy half, Australian Fullback, Australian Halfback and an Australian Second rower they also had the "Australian Captian"....Im sure Manly won't underestimate us
I was being a smartarse lol

I just hope Sunday was our true finals form and not a fluke.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Focus is so important. We can't go in thinking we should win.
Example:
Rnd 18 we beat Melbourne in Melbourne
Rnd 19 we lose 46-18 against the Tigers at ANZ

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
going to be a fken great weekend of sport!

My Mighty Swans win they are into Grand Final , My Might Dogs win they into Prelims wow KEEN

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha I been singing who let the dogs out all week. Gotta love mid week footy shows when were winners. I just prey our ball control is good I was confident against Storm in daytime footy with handling but on a dewy surface we need good control. I like our chances as long as players stick to Dessies plan. Expecting big games from our edge runners especially Jackson and Williams

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Paul Kent picked us to beat the storm when all of his triple m mates didnt .

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People keep going on about this 'understrength' manly team but today I had another look at their backline and shit myself.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
People keep going on about this 'understrength' manly team but today I had another look at their backline and shit myself.
Just heard Ray Warren tipped Manly to win and make the GF . Their backline is great but the dummy half is very crucial . If their halves dont get great service they could be in a spot of bother

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That attack isn't going to be effective if u have no go forward.look at there forwards and see the difference .Basically this game is going to be the Nrl best forwards (dogs) vs the Nrl best backs (manly) .with our backs improving we would have the edge over them and that's what makes me confident cause I know we have the experience of previous years to get us over the line hopefully

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Regardless of the Manly line up, if we play like what we did against Storms and with some improvement no ones gonna stop us. Ourselves to blame if we loose this one. On the other end if we win with ease it will send alarm bells to the remainder of the teams and that's most likely the case by the end of game. I have a feeling Des has the team peaked at the right time of the year we will wait and see.
LOL!!!

peaked ???? we were first and finished 7th !!!! we had very ordinary 8 weeks of footy and gave up a 18 point lead to a lowly gold coast and lost...

how have we peaked ??? we have had one good game and now were up for our 2nd.... let s see how we go with this...

storm was a different side with one legged cameron smith.... if he isnt taking the conversions you know there is something wrong...

Saturday will be alot closer then you think.... they can score , we cant ... we can defend they cant... best decisions on the night will win

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL!!!

peaked ???? we were first and finished 7th !!!! we had very ordinary 8 weeks of footy and gave up a 18 point lead to a lowly gold coast and lost...

how have we peaked ??? we have had one good game and now were up for our 2nd.... let s see how we go with this...

storm was a different side with one legged cameron smith.... if he isnt taking the conversions you know there is something wrong...

Saturday will be alot closer then you think.... they can score , we cant ... we can defend they cant... best decisions on the night will win
Your first green thumb sir, this will not be a cake walk as some May think, we clicked after playing shite for months, they are capable of the same but let's hope not, I'll take a ground out win and be happy.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly cant see a margin of greater than 4-6 points
if ballin plays im shitting bricks
if ballin is out i will breathe alot easier throughout the 80mins

Status
Not open for further replies.