The Travel Thread

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever visited Belgium?

Out of Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges which cites would you recommend?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You hear nice things about Bruges.

The only Belgian city I have really been to is Ypers. Huge war cemeteries there and I remember enjoying a beer and chocolate in this main piazza bit (this was 12 years ago so more details are a bit fuzzy).

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently Antwerp has a good red light district. Anybody been?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH Moseph, Brussels for me was nothing too special.

The main square is a replica of Munich's main square. And I mean replica. If you really loved Munich, then I guess you might like Brussels as well.

There's a Tin Tin museum in Brussels if you liked Tin Tin.

It's a cute little city, but it felt like "just another city" in Europe tbh

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I heard Brussels isn't that great. Apparently Bruges and Ghent are more old school with cobblestone streets etc

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
has anyone stayed in any good hostels in Berlin, Prague or Budapest that you can recommend?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here been to Split and can recommend any places to stay, and any areas to avoid?

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My parents announced tonight that they have decided to spend some of the inheritance now so they get some of the benefit and are taking my whole family on a trip for a week in Disneyland then 2 weeks in a house in the middle of a ski resort in Canada in January next year. 14 of us going on an all expenses paid trip gonna be an absolute blast!!!

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My parents announced tonight that they have decided to spend some of the inheritance now so they get some of the benefit and are taking my whole family on a trip for a week in Disneyland then 2 weeks in a house in the middle of a ski resort in Canada in January next year. 14 of us going on an all expenses paid trip gonna be an absolute blast!!!
Thats awesome! im off to Disneyland in 35 days

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Has anyone here been to Split and can recommend any places to stay, and any areas to avoid?
the port in split is quite nice, and the ruins of diocletian's palace nearby is quite interesting. and theres also a soccer stadium (stadion poljud) where you might be able to watch a game. i saw iron maiden there.

but from memory, i dont remember it as "the go to place" for night life/clubs/parties etc. if you want that then def go to hvar. mad beaches, clubs, cafes, restaurants.
dubrovnik is very scenic, actually pretty much the whole coastline is amazing.

farked if i can remember where we stayed lol. and dont know of any trouble areas.

hth.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats awesome. overseas family trips are the go

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going to be affected by the strikes at the international airports? Im flying to the USA on Sunday, really hope it doesn't cause major delays.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Anyone going to be affected by the strikes at the international airports? Im flying to the USA on Sunday, really hope it doesn't cause major delays.
I'm not sure but have fun mate..

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know how watch Bulldogs games in turkey and Iraq?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Please don't go to Iraq... There are other and much safer holiday destinations.

Livestream.com/nrl

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt there is going to be an Aussie sports bar in downtown Baghdad.

If you can get a decent internet connection, I'd imagine livestream should work?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Luxembourg! Technically another country, but really full of life. I went there in 2012. I will never forget walking through an open-air cafe court yard in Summer, then out of no where, seeing HUNDREDS of college students drinking together. They were there for Summer school. It was unbelievable.

Also, seeing an "Australian Ice Cream" shop was funny as. We simply go to the supermarket to get that stuff.

One evening at about 8:00pm, decided to go for a walk down the road from the house I was staying at. I walked past... I guess you can call it a tavern, and everyone stopped talking and looked at me through the window just walking by, minding my own business. lol I didn't even do anything, I was just walking along, minding my own business, and it's like they all had a 6th sense that I was a foreigner. I didn't even step inside. This was along a main road of sorts, maybe like Canterbury road.

On the way back to the house from that walk, at about 9:00pm at night, the road was completely DEAD. No cars, no people, nothing. It was a very eery feeling. Imagine being alone at night, in a foreign country, and you couldn't see one person. The closest I came to seeing anyone was a few cattle that were walking around on a farm off the main road (yes, it is a very different country - farms on the main road). I wasn't scared or anything like that, but it was a strange feeling. The same thing happened in Lebanon when I was there, and my phone didn't even have a flash light. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't a majority of white old Australian guys only like Thailand because they're creeps and perverts who just want a sex holiday?

I've heard some shit go,stories what goes on there!
Had a few perverted creeps try to get me to tag along too.
Sorry guys, going to a corrupt nation just for sex isn't my idea of a good time.

I had a relative a about 6 years ago posting pics from his holiday all proud laying in bed with these sex slaves, but then he returned to,Austrlalia and married some ditsy looking lady over here.

I checked his Facebook to see if the sex holiday pics were still there but mysteriously vanished!
See I don't know why single guys would brag about a sex holiday?
You,will meet a real woman and they are going to think you're sleaze with a diseased cock?