Ennis and Reynolds for Origin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really feel sorry for Ennis. He cops it big time from us, but as mentioned by Rodzilla - he's a player you wouldn't appreciate until he's gone.

Without him, we don't have a hooker that could play 80min. That already forces us to remove a player like Tim Browne/David Klemmer from the bench so we can have a hooker that can play just 30min off the bench. With that we then have a domino effect that then effects our starting front rowers as their forced to play more minutes.

Lichaa I don't think can handle 80min as a first grade hooker in my opinion.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
solid defender, goofy attacker, as someone said we use him because we have no one else. surely nsw have someone else...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis would be 5th on the origin list... Reynolds shouldn't be there either, his raw enthusiasm blinds us from the fact that he doesn't cut it... yes many would disagree, yes I am bias due to personal experiences BUT my opinion never the less.... if Des gave the kennel the option of hodko or reynolds for Mbye, I would choose the hodko/Mbye partnership. ...

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I really feel sorry for Ennis. He cops it big time from us, but as mentioned by Rodzilla - he's a player you wouldn't appreciate until he's gone.

Without him, we don't have a hooker that could play 80min. That already forces us to remove a player like Tim Browne/David Klemmer from the bench so we can have a hooker that can play just 30min off the bench. With that we then have a domino effect that then effects our starting front rowers as their forced to play more minutes.

Raysie, I swear, I give you so many thumbs up it's like I'm the Reject Shop.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I don't buy that miss him when he is gone stuff (no offence to anyone).

That was said about Price, Ryan, Barba, etc.

With Lichaa, im sure he is a 80 min player.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ennis needs to be re-signed and Lichaa has to learn his trade off the bench for a couple of years. This is exactly the same method Ivan Cleary is taking with Segeyaro and Kingston.

if people are of the opinion that Ennis should be given the flick and Lichaa thrown straight in as a 80min hooker you will be devasted with the results
Re-sign ennis for 1 year and share the mins with Lichaa, 50/50 at first and more mins to Lichaa when he settles in as the year goes on.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don't buy that miss him when he is gone stuff (no offence to anyone).

That was said about Price, Ryan, Barba, etc.

With Lichaa, im sure he is a 80 min player.
i do miss price and ryan ffs

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis would be 5th on the origin list... Reynolds shouldn't be there either, his raw enthusiasm blinds us from the fact that he doesn't cut it... yes many would disagree, yes I am bias due to personal experiences BUT my opinion never the less.... if Des gave the kennel the option of hodko or reynolds for Mbye, I would choose the hodko/Mbye partnership. ...
Reynolds must have fuct this guys sister

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bias due to personal experiences? Please explain? lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agreed. While he drives me nuts in attack, he does alot of good defending in the middle
Obviously not a fan but have to admit his defence is good, can't deny that.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither should be picked on current form. Ennis hasn't been origin level all season and Josh has only 1 or 2 games.

Josh is most likely but needs to be consistent.

Peats for NSW hooker if. Farah is out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah as do I but you know what I mean, a big name moves on and someone fills in their boots.
yeah i know but it doesnt always work out like its supposed to, like we havent put together a great wing combination since utai/el masri and its taken the 4th year for me to be excited about hodkinson

but im biased tbh because i like ennis

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I'm satisfied with Ennis as our hooker but he's not good enough for NSW.

He's a gritty, 80 minute quality defender and gives pretty good service from dummy half but lacks the spark the best hookers have.

Speaking of Peats, maybe we should look at getting him when his eels deal is up. I always like to get sons of former Bulldogs into the family if possible, and if they're good enough and he clearly is. Just depends on when his contract expires and how that works with Lichaa.

FYI, Nathan Peats is son of former Bulldog Geordie Peats.

davosdogs72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ennis is a great defender and we loose our shape in defense when his not on the field though he seems to show no ticker to ever want to run the ball and get tackled and today did that stupid pass to perret who had no ideas he was getting passed the ball with 4 min left on the clock , luckily they missed their field goal , he would be such a better all round player in my eyes if he took the line on more though from what I've seen over the years because of his smart mouth at times his tentative to take the opposition on as he knows they want to smash him .So it's quite obvious that's why we have Brought Licha to add someone that is more creative and runs the ball in the hooker position ......

Status
Not open for further replies.