Ennis, Graham and Jmoz to re-sign with Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats great news once confirmed. I wish jammer is tied up long term now so dirty souffs inbreds keep their hands off him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CANTERBURY’S dogged pursuit of promising Sharks rake Michael Lichaa has put Michael Ennis’ future under a cloud. Fans of ‘The Menace’ will therefore be pleased to learn he’s going nowhere, with negotiations well advanced for a new extension.

With his fourth child on the way and plenty of commentating options at his disposal, the former NSW Origin hooker could well bow out in 2015. Cronulla are trying their best to keep Lichaa, but need money elsewhere to retain Wade Graham and Andrew Fifita.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id rather sign Ennis on a 1 year deal and have Lichaa come off the bench. Farewell for Ennis after 2015... Just like a Segeyaro/Kingston type of strategy.

I wouldn't sign Ennis for more then 1 year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id imagine ennis will get 2 years but if he's past it in 2nd year hell either get offered a job in the club or moved on

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Id rather sign Ennis on a 1 year deal and have Lichaa come off the bench. Farewell for Ennis after 2015... Just like a Segeyaro/Kingston type of strategy.

I agree but if signing Ennis for 2 years gets us Jmoz and Graham than fair enough, providing we do start to blood a new hooker from the bench for a seemless change over when the time comes.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

but i think you could do ennis/lichaa together for 2 years, i'd be happy with a 2 year deal. 1 would be good too

the comparison with penrith is a good one tho and one ennis and lichaa (if we get him, if not maybe mbye) could emulate

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
but i think you could do ennis/lichaa together for 2 years, i'd be happy with a 2 year deal. 1 would be good too

the comparison with penrith is a good one tho and one ennis and lichaa (if we get him, if not maybe mbye) could emulate
Really hope we secure Lichaa.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good positive way to start the season off and a mile away from last years crap.
I couldn't agree anymore..it's great to see players wanting to play for the Dogs.. They may not have a standout champion player like a Thurston but they are a champion team..and that counts most when things are getting tough on the field!

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Maybe if we focussed on having Mbye as a halfback, rather than a hooker, it will more beneficial for us.

I would like to see a:

1. Templeman

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
9. Ennis

17. Lichaa

Have both 6 and 7 as attacking halves, freely around the park, while Lichaa comes on for 40-50 minutes.

Lets all remember, Mbye can play centre, 5/8, Halfback and Hooker, so if injuries happen during the game he can cover quite easily. Templeman can always go to 6... So much FLEXIBILITY in that combination. Something we don't have right now... and all players are attacking players, well maybe not Ennis.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe if we focussed on having Mbye as a halfback, rather than a hooker, it will more beneficial for us.

I would like to see a:

1. Templeman

6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
9. Ennis

17. Lichaa

Have both 6 and 7 as attacking halves, freely around the park, while Lichaa comes on for 40-50 minutes.

Lets all remember, Mbye can play centre, 5/8, Halfback and Hooker, so if injuries happen during the game he can cover quite easily. Templeman can always go to 6... So much FLEXIBILITY in that combination. Something we don't have right now... and all players are attacking players, well maybe not Ennis.
tbh sometimes i wonder if we'd better long term having mbye play halfback in ressies this year rather then fill the utility role in first grade

i see him as more of a pivot then a half but has more of a chance to be a halfback then say reynolds and maybe some time at halfback in nsw cup will help him

i hope he gets a taste of first grade this year but still spends some time in ressies learning his trade, ben hunt was once a very promising halfback, played bench hooker in first grade forever and doesn't quite look as good in the 7 these days

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
oh please would people get over the whole "Michael Lichaa" recruiting crap! the guy isn't proven, he was awful and mediocre at best in the 9's tournament and for people to be saying replace Ennis with lichaa is a slap in the face for all that Ennis has put in for not only the Bulldogs but the last 10 years of his first grade career. Micheal Lichaa is supposedly such a superstar yet not even rated in the top 2 number 9's at cronulla ... Ennis deserves a contract renewal, if he had a decent number 6 and 7 to help him no one would ever be criticizing him. hodkinson has done no one any favours since his time at the Bulldogs and that puts so much more pressure on Ennis

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's hope all 3 are confirmed along with Michael Lichaa ASAP!
A bloody good trifecta although I'm a bit doubtful about Ennis's future. He is a tireless defender but seems to stall in attack. From what I've read Michael Lichaa would be a very good buy, especially with our forward pack with him

retaining good players is just as important as re-cruiting them.
Sometimes more so G.M. After last year's happenings these contract extensions will be a huge boost to the clubs morale.

N

Natboy

I think some people on here have just heard the hype and although they have never seen him play they want a quick replacement for Ennis.
I've watched him for years & I do rate him highly
The 9's wasn't ideal for hookers though
He has a big career ahead of him but I don't want to lose Mbye or Templeman to recruit him

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a hard-on? is that acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.