Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Fijian porter Andrew johns & Fittler "discovered".
He was snapped up by Gould & scored 3000 tries last year in penrith lower grades
Only 3000 try's hey, well that's not good enough, I wan't a fullback to score 5000 try's such is the expectations of our fans, lol.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Fijian porter Andrew johns & Fittler "discovered".
He was snapped up by Gould & scored 3000 tries last year in penrith lower grades
The story is a load of shit I reckon.

Apparently, he was a busboy and he approached them when they were in Fiji on some surfing trip.. and they took him out the back and asked him to showcase his skills. He was so impressive the two got on the phone to gus and were like 'you gotta sign this bloke up'

its hard to believe that you can tell a player is revolutionary just by looking at him play for a couple of hours. I hate the lack of precision involved with selectors.. its like dealing with a bunch of rambling fools. give me stats and figures anyday of the week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
bcmf: Tis not just that. Many Fijian resorts have staff quarters (staff live on site), and I'd say most of the guys during their days or shifts off play either rugby, league or touch footy. Just a friendly game amongst staff members and any guests who want to join in. I've been to Fiji numerous times and seen this at every resort. All it would take is Johns or Gould to see Nabuli in action during one of these games (or even one of the local games played there), and pull him aside to show his skills.
That's a more likely scenario and certainly not uncommon. It's how Uate was discovered, and a few others.

It is very much an untapped market and I reckon there are still many hidden NRL gems over in Fiji to be found.

Re Nabuli's 50000 tries, it's an exaggeration, but Nabuli did score a crapload last year. From memory leading tryscorer.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the winger shortage it may force des's hand a lil to play perret on the wing and bring in temp or phillips. However atm my money is on a perret fb and thompson wing which i seriously dont like.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With the winger shortage it may force des's hand a lil to play perret on the wing and bring in temp or phillips. However atm my money is on a perret fb and thompson wing which i seriously dont like.
I think Des will keep Perret at fb and blood younger less experienced players on the wing, full back in the modern game is to important to risk on an un tested player.

A few games on the wing to boost confidence and get a young player match hardened to nrl standards is the way to do it,

jkuzman

Jimbulldog
Reaction score
Just heard from a friend of mine who works at the Bulldogs that Sam Perret is 100 percent the FB for rd. 1

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard from a friend of mine who works at the Bulldogs that Sam Perret is 100 percent the FB for rd. 1
I think that's a common knowledge on here now... as well as Ennis told me that last week.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After 6 million fb threads and posts of who will be our new fb... The winner is ??? Sam perret will be named tomorw 5pm but im waiting on fri 6.30pm to confirm.

N

Natboy

After 6 million fb threads and posts of who will be our new fb... The winner is ??? Sam perret will be named tomorw 5pm but im waiting on fri 6.30pm to confirm.
Haha. I think we all suspected it but just didn't want it to be true. Oh well let's see how he goes but yeah I wouldn't put it past Des to pull a swifty at the last minute

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Maybe not in 2014 but Hiku is off contract at the Eagles next year. I rate him very highly

sedgy13

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Didn't Des do this last year when barba was out first few rounds. Named someone at Fb (perret or brown i think) drury low on the wing then come game day low played fullback. Be intrested to see who gets perret's wing? Templeman/phillips maybe?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe not in 2014 but Hiku is off contract at the Eagles next year. I rate him very highly
I dont think they would let him go, but he has a great future. I think his best position is at centre. You know anything about gutherson's status? He looks promising also.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Yeah but the roosters had SBW carving teams up, they had jennings and plenty of speed in their backline and their forward pack often dominated teams. They had maloney and pearce (never though i would say it but at a CLUB level he actually plays ok). They had more than enough qaulity players in their team to make up for any shortcomings that had at the back. Having said that, Minichiello is a very solid dependable fullback, he hasn't got the speed anymore but he makes few errors and reads the play very well and that is all they needed from their fullback.
We have the players to match all of those you mentioned. We have Morris, Reynolds and a forward pack to match any going around. The key difference is we were able to get everyone on the same field at the same time 6 or 7 times last year. How can you get any momentum with that?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the players to match all of those you mentioned. We have Morris, Reynolds and a forward pack to match any going around. The key difference is we were able to get everyone on the same field at the same time 6 or 7 times last year. How can you get any momentum with that?
I don't agree we have a spine or backline that can match them and while we do a have a really great forward pack we don't have a sbw either

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Stanley wing with Mbye centre

Status
Not open for further replies.