Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losing juniors is an acceptable fact of life. Every year a dozen or so new juniors come through to holden cup, pushing some existing players to NSW Cup, and rarely some straight to FG. Age also pushes players out of the juniors every year. Cant possibly keep them all.

Ive never once been sorry we lost a junior, because its just the way it is. FG players often stay for 4, 5 or more years, so spots dont come up that often. Juniors cant stay in juniors that long, they get too old. They have to go somewhere. Im just proud we manage to churn out so much talent in our club.

Doesnt mean none will make it through to our FG squad at some point, just saying maybe 1 in 20 will make it from our juniors to our FG squad, and thats normal.

Templeman is too raw, and might see some glimpses of FG this year, or get "blooded" in FG, but isnt ready for FG fulltime. Sila can run well but cant tackle to save his life and will need some time in NSW Cup to learn that.

I hope they DONT throw someone straight from juniors into our FG squad, especially at FB. It will be like Barba all over again, without the talent. He couldnt tackle and was a massive liabaility the first few years.
Yes but losing juniors then forking out $600k to replace them is unacceptable

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, clearly referring to T. rex, hard to argue
Yes as well as letting so many good juniors go even as far back as jt then offering massive $$ to get players we already had

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jaline graham will play some fullback tomorrw if he doesnt start at 5/8.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The club is effing with our heads with this poll. Fairdinkum.
Must admit I am NOT a fan of how the club has handled this entire issue from BB to the present. Their overkill on secreacy is only hurting the fans as I'm sure our opposition couldn't give two bobs worth at this point and time (either way it will be a rookie in the position). You can't tell me that Des is still wondering who he will try first in the FB position and if he is than big fail!

N

Natboy

I'm picturing Sergeant Rod Silva patrolling around the army at ANZ before he rips his police uniform off with dogs gear underneath & he runs onto the field and straight to fullback hahaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
IF fergo does come to us, will he come to play fb? If so, surely he wouldnt get a start there so early? Maybe thats why des is playing pez at fb just to have someone safe for the first couple of rounds?... the plot thickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.