Sack hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he is directly responsible for this game, a few weeks ago we were matching souths try for try and the team had scored 82 points in 3 games, including 13 tries by the outside backs alone in those 3 games, and we were cruising towards the finals

so what does the genius do, he tweaks with that backline and brings back the showpony/snake into the mix, and the result is the team fold and put in back to back dud games, scoring 11 and 6 points respectively and playing the pitter patter side to side crap again

he got the credit for taking a midfield team to the top, so he should take the blame for then returning that team to the midfield

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
You make some valid points with 20/20 vision. The only thing I disagree with is sacking Hasler. I think hoping Hasler will remember his mistakes is a fair enough option.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea well said. He's a fukn protects species around here. Never fixed problems from round one, allows barba back in, drops inu. What a ****wit. The boys showed poor effort all year but Des done nothing to stop it

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
given the season we had we did well to even make the finals. to be honest, we would be smashed by melb at home even if we beat the knights today. the players pretty much played this game exactly how they had played all year. to many errors and too flat.

looking forward to a hopefully non disruptive 2014 with maybe a new fullback.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw if not sack him then blame him, he should be given kevin moore 2011 leeway i think

2007 was enough for the club to move into a new direction from steve folkes tbh, this is the standard of the club

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So brazen and irrational. Everyone is entitled to mistakes. I think Des rolled the dice on Barba and it absolutely failed. He weighed it up, he thought Barba would spark the side and it didn't.

Refer to my other post, i think the team has somewhat to blame for this.. they dont seem to lift with Barba there.. its as if they rely on him for producing the magic. Call it a coincidence but I think the side will be better next year... just because I feel as if some of the other players will shoulder more of the burden instead of relying on one guy! when people start talking bullshit about 'x-factors' and what not, they start believing it... what they dont know is Barba is a great support player and the players themselves are the dudes who put in work, week after week.. and it was evident when we were steam rolling teams without him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I vote we sack Barba, Halatau and Tapau.

Ralphie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Realistically, who would you replace him with.......Toovey????

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
injuries, suspensions haven't helped. how we bounce back next yr is how i'll judge him

LordofDOGtown

Waterboy
Reaction score
hasler will take us to the top next year, he knows how to handle this situation
its des-tiny

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
injuries, suspensions haven't helped. how we bounce back next yr is how i'll judge him
I'd agree with you on this.

IF we didn't have all the bs and drama we had this year I think it would have been a lot different, I wouldn't write-off Des just yet.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Barba was average today, but I wasn't his fault we lost. Our forwards were soft!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont go as far as to say sack him but yep he has to shoulder large parts of the blame for this season. Can anyone honestly remember a really good 80min performance even once this season (don't say beating the eels). We copped some floggings this season too. This ploy of stacking your team full of unfit fat forwards just doesn't work.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Easy Rod...i know you're hurting but thats not the answer..would you rather Stewart?..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greenberg gave him everything he wanted equipment,huge amount of staff had to borrow $500k des has become complacent like trex ,he keeps picking under performing players week after week he needs a bit of pressure ,des is a great coach but has had it all his way and has severely. Underperformed this year ,changes are needed next year

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, Barba was average today, but I wasn't his fault we lost. Our forwards were soft!
^So much this. FFS even the red head Mckinnon was smashing us. It's so ****ing embarrassing how we got the 'bruise brothers' t-shirt. No wonder other players were giving us shit and calling us 'soft'

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea true. They were very poor. Des' 1 task in the off season is making sure Kas loses some fukn weight! It's a fukn joke how fat he is. George rose 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.