Broncos Ceo says lay off Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stop fkn making stories idiot !
I'm not making stories, I was only asking because that thread was as unjustified as what you're saying here, maybe you just don't like a female being in charge or something because so far I can't fault her for anything she has done

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once a player decides he wants out, it's very hard for anyone to keep them there. The player's jeopardizes the team's chances, and that in turn affects finances. It's a lose-lose situation to keep an unhappy player. Barba made his position here untenable. Barba makes a decent amount of money here, and keeping him when he is not going to perform or even play is not a wise thing to do. That's what prevented her from not releasing him, and only a moron would think it was a good idea to try and keep him around when it was so clear it would not be the right move going forward.

You're acting like coaxing a player out a deal is an honourable act and an example of great CEO work. It's not. It's opportunism, with a large amount of tapping up involved. I'm sure if the circumstances were reversed and we were a team all alone in a city, we'd probably take that opportunity too. You're praising him for being in a position that is not available to us (CEO of a club in a 1 team city) and using that as leverage to make a judgement against our CEO.

Also, you contradicted yourself just a bit. You said she noted she had no control over the decision, but just a couple of lines prior to that you say that she had the final decision? You sure you know what you're talking about here?

Go back and read my post again.....She had no control over the ISSUE ..... had the total control and the final say on what happens to Barba!

Yes it is not good to keep an unhappy player at the club, but he could ve been made an example. Could have thrown him the reserve grade or made him sit out. Make him an example, make an statement that we are not going to be bend over yet again!

We are not going to let this happen to us what has already happened a number of times in last 7 years.

you will be very happy when he carves us up next year wearing a Broncos jersey.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not making stories, I was only asking because that thread was as unjustified as what you're saying here, maybe you just don't like a female being in charge or something because so far I can't fault her for anything she has done
May be you dont like my name.

you cant find any fault in her cos only thing she has done since replacing Todd is release Barba.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score

you cant find any fault in her cos only thing she has done since replacing Todd is release Barba.
What is it with Indian guys thinking women are so incapable of being capable in a position of power? Seriously, my missus is Indian and her Dad talks exactly like you.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is it with Indian guys thinking women are so incapable of being capable in a position of power? Seriously, my missus is Indian and her Dad talks exactly like you.
are you for fkn real?

I never knew criticizing Raylene for her incompetence is going to make me a woman basher.... FMD!

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
are you for fkn real?

I never knew criticizing Raylene for her incompetence is going to make me a woman basher.... FMD!
Haha see, there you go again.

You didn't respond to my question either.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go back and read my post again.....She had no control over the ISSUE ..... had the total control and the final say on what happens to Barba!
Okay fair enough. But as I'll explain below, her decision is the right one.

Yes it is not good to keep an unhappy player at the club, but he could ve been made an example. Could have thrown him the reserve grade or made him sit out. Make him an example, make an statement that we are not going to be bend over yet again!

We are not going to let this happen to us what has already happened a number of times in last 7 years.

you will be very happy when he carves us up next year wearing a Broncos jersey.
I actually won't be happy if he does well for the Broncos, but I am logical enough to accept that we could not justify keeping a player who has made his position at the club untenable.

We could let him rot, but we are restricted by a cap. If he's not going to play for our top team, then we could be spending that cap money elsewhere. It is the best decision financially and from a team point of view. Like I said, we were in a lose-lose situation. If we kept him and played him in NSW Cup and we missed out on a good player because of cap restrictions, people would complain and say we should have got rid of Barba to move forward.

Your worshiping of Paul White amongst all of this is unjustified. He took advantage of us and he tapped up a player who was under contract. He profited off his situation (1 team city) as opposed to being a good CEO. This is not evidence of him doing a great job and Castle doing a poor one. Castle made a decision which she was forced into and one which was correct in the circumstances.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What does your name have to do with it?

and let me get this straight, you're saying the only reason I can't fault her is because she has barely done anything yet as CEO, yet you still feel that you're entitled to criticize her?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What does your name have to do with it?

and let me get this straight, you're saying the only reason I can't fault her is because she has barely done anything yet as CEO, yet you still feel that you're entitled to criticize her?
when did I say I have a problem with a woman being a CEO??? Or you just presumed it is the case cos may be I dont like how she had no fkn idea how to tackle this Barba issue, may be her management let Barba go off the rails where he gave an interview on a TV show without letting the Bulldogs management know about it and no questions were asked of him, may be i found her not saying a word to Barba when he continuously provoked fans with all his messages on social media...... may be you simply ignored all these facts cos you think I hate women being in charge!

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when did I say I have a problem with a woman being a CEO??? Or you just presumed it is the case cos may be I dont like how she had no fkn idea how to tackle this Barba issue, may be her management let Barba go off the rails where he gave an interview on a TV show without letting the Bulldogs management know about it and no questions were asked of him, may be i found her not saying a word to Barba when he continuously provoked fans with all his messages on social media...... may be you simply ignored all these facts cos you think I hate women being in charge!
Actually I only asked if that was your problem, also how do you know what goes on behind closed doors at the club? You don't know what's gone on between her and barba and des, also do you think the dogs are babysitters who are gonna sit around telling barba what he can and can't do all day? The fact is you're being overly critical of a situation that was forced on her

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell us how you would've tackled the issue.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let the prick sit out the next two years to concentrate on being a good dad to his girls.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell us how you would've tackled the issue.
champ i am not getting paid big bucks to tell you what a CEO does, but looking at the history of marquee players leaving mid contracts I would have made this one an example making an statement to rest of potential contract breakers that this club is not going to be treated as a door mat.

Made him sit out the entire contract , it is only 350 k/ year.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the nrl is kidding itself if it thinks brisbane have not been talking to or approaching contracted players. Nrl pieces of useless turds the lot of them! So reactive instead of pro active.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
champ i am not getting paid big bucks to tell you what a CEO does, but looking at the history of marquee players leaving mid contracts I would have made this one an example making an statement to rest of potential contract breakers that this club is not going to be treated as a door mat.

Made him sit out the entire contract , it is only 350 k/ year.
But you are saying Castle went about it wrong, so if you know that, you must know the correct way to go about it. Surely?

Making an example of Barba is a bad move going forward and jeopardises the club's financial position and potential to sign replacements. You need to take into account a lot of factors.

Got any other dumb suggestions? Or should we all just agree that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you base your opinions around emotion rather than logic.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
why curse him? he has done good for his club , unlike our dud CEO who fkn has got a clue about footy.

cant even fkn make a proper statement about what we are going to be getting in return !
Why blame our CEO ffs? This has been in the works since long before she arrived, it was always going tO play out this way. She didn't make the decision alone. I'm sure she would have taken the advice of the board and final call would have been up to Des. I'm sure Todd would have made the same decision. In fact after all he said at the start of the year about the importance of player welfare there was really not much Raelene could do.

From all reports Raelene is an excellent administrator.... She was picked for a reason. She walked into the job and was immediately faced with a CEO's worst nightmare with this situation. Maybe the decision was made based on the opinion the dogs can bounce back without Barba and still be a force..... Maybe there is a replacement in the works, but if not, we will still be a strong club and while the situation is f#*ked up, I don't think you can blame her after being in the job for 5 minutes. Raelene's challenge and Des's is to keep the club strong and I'm sure they will. Part of me would have liked to see Barba forced to stick it out, but judging Raelene for this is ridiculous IMO. Barba's position was untenable.

I am excited by Raelene's qualifications, excited by the future and all will be good. Life's too short man... and she would not have been selected for the role if she was as clueless as you say.

I really think ultimately this was Des' decision. Not happy Barba Iis leaving, less happy about the way he and his team went about it, but life goes on. I have no problem with the division that was made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But you are saying Castle went about it wrong, so if you know that, you must know the correct way to go about it. Surely?

Making an example of Barba is a bad move going forward and jeopardises the club's financial position and potential to sign replacements. You need to take into account a lot of factors.

Got any other dumb suggestions or should we all just agree that you have no idea what you're talking about and base your opinions around emotion rather than logic.
yeah call me dumb when a fkn CEO doesnt even know her marquee player is on TV dreaming about playing for a rival club.

Also after that interview he goes on social media provoking fans a number of times.... yet nothing is done about it.

Good fkn job Raylene!

you are the one who has got no fkn idea.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
yeah call me dumb when a fkn CEO doesnt even know hier marquee player is on TV dreaming about playing about a rival club.

Also after that interview he goes on social media provoking fans a number of times.... yet nothing is done about it.

Good fkn job Raylene!

you are the one who has got no fkn idea.
Your solution is to have a dummy spit and not let Barba play til 2015. You're an absolute muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.