The Barba Clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Missing a grand final due to the clause would hurt far more than any tackle.
Hi, common sense. Nice to meet you.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Missing a grand final due to the clause would hurt far more than any tackle.
I will never come round to this way of thinking. We beat all or we beat no one imo. It's not good for the psyche to go out of our way not to play against someone,anyone.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
haha SBW is like 5 Ben Barbas.
The point is he kicked our ass and it hurt like hell.

Do you really want Benny to return to his 2012 form and be fired up on game day against us? He will carve the shit out of us and leave us hurting more than ever.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will never come round to this way of thinking. We beat all or we beat no one imo. It's not good for the psyche to go out of our way not to play against someone,anyone.
A minute ago your priority was hurting him.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The point is he kicked our ass and it hurt like hell.

Do you really want Benny to return to his 2012 form and be fired up on game day against us? He will carve the shit out of us and leave us hurting more than ever.
If that happens then so be it.

I think we look gutless if we try to avoid him.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In this day and age hurting him would see our players on report or sent off for a shoulder charge or illegal play. The games gone to soft.

I see nothing wrong with a clause like this, especially of it causes the broncos to miss a finals or gf win.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So it's more important to some fans that we look like tough guys rather than win? But winning is more important than not signing players accused of crimes against women?

I'm just trying to figure out everyone's priorities here.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
A minute ago your priority was hurting him.
lol no it wasn't. My priority was and is to want to play against anyone and not infuse our psyche with weakness. Hurting him is part of the process

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol no it wasn't. My priority was and is to want to play against anyone and not infuse our psyche with weakness. Hurting him is part of the process
No clause like this is ever decided by the players and is obviously no reflection if their attitude. Our psyche would/will be fine.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we should have a clause that says each time he misses a game against us the broncos pay us $50,000

free shot city tbh, hasnt anyone learnt anything over the last few years? he is not going to put his body on the line

he might score a try but he will let in 3

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol Rod, credit where it's due, you're a man who is 100% committed to his cause.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be seriously pissed off if they activated such a clause. The players will want to smash him, and the fans will be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of seeing him smashed.

Look at how Dugan was mauled by the Raiders. It was awesome.
The players won't care at all. Don't expect the players to hate him cos most of them won't care. If someone offered them $1m they'd probably do the same.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Yeah, watch us smash him....

Just like Willie

Just like Sonny...

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its a fair enough option i think, he did sign a contract to be with the Bulldogs for 2 more years and is now pulling out of his comittment so it would be unfair that he leaves ang gets to be in a team to play against us for that period.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
No clause like this is ever decided by the players and is obviously no reflection if their attitude. Our psyche would/will be fine.
yeah maybe but as a Club it reeks of weakness and that's how other fans would see it as well. Why would we put ourselves in the potential situation of that when we could just get on with it and play all comers? doesn't make sense to me.

The only reason is that we would fear him tearing us a new one but conversley people have been saying how he's playing shit,can't defend etc.Fickle to say the least. Let's just get on with it and play the best and try to bury him. Much more satisfying imo

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol Rod, credit where it's due, you're a man who is 100% committed to his cause.
the cause is to extract punishment

fullback is a position that you can get to if you really wanted

just put up a bomb and play the man, i call it the do what barba doesnt want you to do plan

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha why include a clause when his brain trust will find a loophole in the clause to play him.
Broncos are paying big bucks for his services and whats not to say we both make the GF, All hell would break loose.
this is what they will say " he has to play as it would prove detrimental to his health" or something silly and be forced to play him for compassionate reasons. From what ive heard and read the Broncos had some talks with the club but nothing official because we have not released him yet and they are paying not as much as you think because they want us to meet them halfway.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah, watch us smash him....

Just like Willie

Just like Sonny...
big willie and sbw arent small and scared

they also dont have the responsibility of standing still and catching a ball and being basically a sitting duck

Status
Not open for further replies.