Brisbane Broncos to offer four-year deal for Canterbury Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People continuously mentioning a player swap are absolutely dreaming. It just sounds like sheer desperation. "Yeah we will just take hoffman and gillett", are people serious?

We need to find someone off contract, asap.[/QUOTE

The dogs need to be able to replace Barba with an equal quality replacement before they release him. Whether it be a player swap or another player such as Folau than that's what needs to happen before Barba is released. Why should the Broncos get everything their way? We need to be compensated not just financially but in terms of a quality replacement. We are losing our most potent strike player. The club sympathetic approach towards Barba is beyond belief. If the club loses numerous members because of this then we will see whow far sympathy gets them. FFS can't the club see that this is all a smokescreen to get more money for Barba?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let him go to the broncos , but the NRL should enforce he earns the same cash for the duration of his current contract at the broncos.
Yes just let our best player go to the Broncos. Who gives a shit that we have lost our most potent attacking player. Most fans go the the dogs games to see the brilliance of Barba. He brings supporters through the turnstyles. He is the reason why many fans want to become members. I'm sorry, but if the club don't play hardball and refuse to release him then I will have lost all respect for our administration. if he is so desperate to be near his family let him quit the NRL for 2 years and then sign up with whom he wants. This is all a smokescreen by his manager to get Barba more money. Nothing else, nothing less!

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The NRL really need to get a new rule in place... If this was really about player welfare and compassionate grounds then Barba SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MORE MONEY THEN HE CURRENTLY IS AT WITH THE DOGS! The NRL should simply transfer his current contract to Brisbane (Obviously after the Dogs have been compensated). Make no mistake he is going to be on more money up there, compassionate my backside!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if most fans go to the game to see barba then they are retarded and/or gay

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A contract for 4 years is a gamble.

If Ben screws up again & his ex moves back up to Mackay, whats happens then? Get another release & head for Nth Qld?
If she moves to Mackay Ben's stuffed, it isnt even close to any NRL club. Mackay is hundreds of kms from Townsville, and as far from Brisbane as Sydney is

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
and barba should make as much money as he can possibly get, brisbane would be locked up to a huge contract aka trex

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Do you live under a rock? I think you are retarded because you obviously have no idea.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
why do you think first grade games put more bums on the seats compare to holden cup????

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Do you live under a rock? I think you are retarded because you obviously have no idea.
i just think its a weird situation to be going to the game to see one specific player

for example what happened to the fans that came to the games before barba existed and are these barba cult fans now going to support brisbane?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
a few weeks after Barba joins broncos.... Girlfriend: "Honey...Im moving back to sydney" Barba: ****!!
That would happen if barba feels he needs a contract upgrade

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the double team attack of piggy and indiandog

people who think the club was founded when it signed barba and that it would fold as soon as he is released

i will finally get a membership if they release him tbh

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wtf because its a more prestigious competition obviously
and what makes it more prestigious???? the quality of player playing in that comp.

top players pull crowd, sponsors, advertisment...this is a simple fact.... this is why state of origin games always fill ANZ / Suncorp.

now argue against the fact as you usually do.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the double team attack of piggy and indiandog

people who think the club was founded when it signed barba and that it would fold as soon as he is released

i will finally get a membership if they release him tbh
hahaha piggy and indiandog putting you on the spit! lol

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Griffin has no idea u will only see flashes of brilliance from Barba from time to time.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
and what makes it more prestigious???? the quality of player playing in that comp.

top players pull crowd, sponsors, advertisment...this is a simple fact.... this is why state of origin games always fill ANZ / Suncorp.

now argue against the fact as you usually do.
yeah but you're arguing that most of the fans only show up simply for barba

there is plenty of quality remaining at the club, if anyone refuses to see a game because barba isnt there then you can **** off too and support the brisbane

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again, Barba moving to Brisbane is career suicide

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what rod is getting at (correct me if i'm wrong) is we have had a fan base long before barba was in our team and we will have a fan base long after he is gone. I will happily admit players like barba do bring your average joe who probably wouldn't attend a game or watch it on TV (whichever) to the game and obviously this drives up exposure and $$$. Let's not kid ourselves here, the NRL and all it's clubs are a business.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but you're arguing that most of the fans only show up simply for barba

there is plenty of quality remaining at the club, if anyone refuses to see a game because barba isnt there then you can **** off too and support the brisbane
telling me to support brisbane; coming from a guy who will finally get a membership only if Barba is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.