• Knights 13+

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It just goes to show how good benny played last year.
that is simply the difference atm.
our side with 2012 barba = top 4 side
our side with 2013 barba = top 8 at best.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On todays form josh morris can piss off back to the red v dragqueens.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On todays form josh morris can piss off back to the red v dragqueens.
In my opinion Morris has been a stand-out. You can see the frustration as he continually puts huge efforts but isnt getting rewards with pies. Maybe some other positions or players need to lift their game.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the rader! Well that was achieved by 44 points today.
Nah fuck under the radar I think they are still learning from last year they need time to gel as a team again and ATM going sideways to much not forward
I thought we peaked to early last year and fell flat at the end

People do give me a laugh on here though when the dogs are winning people are sucking the players off but when we played bad they want the whole side dropped to reserve grade

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking hell we have one off game and everybody rips in. Factor in we had to travel to NZ last week and Newy this week, we were always going to be a little flat. Back at home next week we will win!
1 off game? we are 4 from 10 and 3 of our wins were from the bottom 3 sides. We had an excuse at the start of the season with injuries and barba being out. You cant excuse this performance. I hope we do bounce back, but things aren't looking good.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah fuck under the radar I think they are still learning from last year they need time to gel as a team again and ATM going sideways to much not forward
I thought we peaked to early last year and fell flat at the end

People do give me a laugh on here though when the dogs are winning people are sucking the players off but when we played bad they want the whole side dropped to reserve grade
Everyone gets pissed off with a disappointing performance.

The boys needs to forget about last year and start again. They have been giving away to many starts to the opposition & are playing catchup.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Why can't we just acknowledge that the Knights had one of those glorious days when everything goes right? We just weren't on the pace they set. We got ambushed by them.

The signs were there all week after their big loss the week before that they were going to treat it like a grand final and our players just didn't turn up to match them.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Shit game, we just can't help giving away penalties.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Also having that child Johns as a sideline commentator and having him cheer whilst his old team makes a break live on TV is fairly poor form.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Also having that child Johns as a sideline commentator and having him cheer whilst his old team makes a break live on TV is fairly poor form.
I agree with that comment. It was one of those rare Sundays when my wife and kids were busy and I watched the Footy Show, The Roast and the game at 4pm. All day Channel 9 treated it like it was to be a Newcastle festival. I don't mind the commentators following a particular side but yesterday the bias was staggering.

Even at 12pm the vibe was so strong for Newcastle that Des' wife should have phoned him to say the Knights would be "on". You see it in horseracing sometimes. A horse with no particular form will be just ready to win and the stable and those around it will know. Its a good feeling and infectious. That was the feeling at Newcastle yesterday.

Our team however, played like they were waiting to run them down. It looked like that would be the case at the end of the first half but the Knights came out full of fire just when our guys thought they would lay down and let us beat them. Man for man we are the better team but our attitude sucked big time.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happened yesterday was a disgrace.

I'm not prepared to write it off as an off day.

I agree with Allan's comment that our attitude sucked.

What I saw yesterday was a team not responding and unwilling to commit. It was straight out of the Kevin Moore era. I now strongly believe there are internal rumblings inside the club.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Willie Mason single handily fired the knights up and led the way for them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So let me see if I have the basic logic right.

Thrash an out of form team = premiership favourites.
Win a game or two against an average team = premiership favourites.
Get thrash by a team who turned up when you didn't / off day at the office = obvious internal problems at the club.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I think its silly to imply internal problems. The Storm have been off the boil for the last couple of weeks. The Broncos belt the Titans, Warriors who didn't play all that badly against us get thrashed this week. The Raiders play like heroes last week and lose this week. Who knows what is happening in the NRL??

This year more than any other the playing rosters of every club are pretty even in strength. One or two key injuries or an "off" day result in a thrashing. Listening to Ivan Cleary on Sunday he seemed embarrassed by the good form of the Panthers. He didn't know where it was coming from.

Its a roller coaster ride hopefully we can come out of it in front in the end.

S

senna

So let me see if I have the basic logic right. Thrash an out of form team = premiership favourites. Win a game or two against an average team = premiership favourites. Get thrash by a team who turned up when you didn't / off day at the office = obvious internal problems at the club.
well its not simply the heavy loss that would take people to the internal problems conclusion, they have taken into consideration the rumours of internal problems that have already existed

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
We just are not the team we were last season. I understand that things can change very quickly and am confident the boy's can still rip this comp apart but it really, really has to start soon. I don't see too many encouraging signs as of late. A loss here and there is fine as long as the boy's put in but they were just lifeless. Turn it around boy's.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember when Dymock dropped Morris to NSW cup.

It was a masterstroke.

There are a few players in the current squad masquerading as first graders. What an embarrassment.

A number of players are out of form.

I cannot fault the efforts of our forward pack - they are trying.

Our backs are pathetically out of form. We were in good field position on atleast 7 occasions and we were unable to come up with points. If we came up with some points it could have stalled the Knoughts momentum.

The Knoughts still have Beau Scott, Tequila, Tehu, Houston and Jeremiah Smith. They are a juggernaut.

Who do we have that could intimidate the opposition?

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regarding the internal rumblings at the club, let's not forget that this is actually FACTUAL.

It's the extent of the internal dramas that have been the subject of rumours and subsequent dismissal by our CEO and coach.

So let's not be quick to dismiss that there are some overarching issues at the club.

1. A badly out of form and unfit backrower who can't run or tackle and is known as Tony Williams.

2. Sam Kasiano not playing with no injury to report.

3. Ben Barba's highly publicized issues.

4. Ben Barba's private issues.

5. Ben Barba's punch up with Tim Browne.

6. The Frank Pritchard and Ben Barba drama.

7. Poor form from off-contract players.

One thing we had over teams last year was fitness.

We look so unfit and tired throughout the game. After 20 minutes we look buggered.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when Dymock dropped Morris to NSW cup.

It was a masterstroke.

There are a few players in the current squad masquerading as first graders. What an embarrassment.

A number of players are out of form.

I cannot fault the efforts of our forward pack - they are trying.

Our backs are pathetically out of form. We were in good field position on atleast 7 occasions and we were unable to come up with points. If we came up with some points it could have stalled the Knoughts momentum.

The Knoughts still have Beau Scott, Tequila, Tehu, Houston and Jeremiah Smith. They are a juggernaut.

Who do we have that could intimidate the opposition?
You can fault our forward pack because they are not always running hard and flat also
Practically when they are doing our second phase play they jog up and pass would like them at full speed put the defence in two minds

S

senna

Regarding the internal rumblings at the club, let's not forget that this is actually FACTUAL. It's the extent of the internal dramas that have been the subject of rumours and subsequent dismissal by our CEO and coach. So let's not be quick to dismiss that there are some overarching issues at the club. 1. A badly out of form and unfit backrower who can't run or tackle and is known as Tony Williams. 2. Sam Kasiano not playing with no injury to report. 3. Ben Barba's highly publicized issues. 4. Ben Barba's private issues. 5. Ben Barba's punch up with Tim Browne. 6. The Frank Pritchard and Ben Barba drama. 7. Poor form from off-contract players. One thing we had over teams last year was fitness. We look so unfit and tired throughout the game. After 20 minutes we look buggered.
barbas publicised problems and his private problems are basically the same thing, so you are really piling it on

Status
Not open for further replies.