T-Rex risks representative extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

THE time has arrived for underachieving Tony Williams. "T-Rex" - standing 192cm and weighing 118kg - must return to his blockbusting best tomorrow night or face being dumped from the Australian and NSW sides.

Canterbury also need Williams to justify his $600,000-a-year contract.

And what better opposition than Manly, his former club.

About 25,000 fans are expected at ANZ Stadium tomorrow night for the Sydney grudge match that pits Bulldogs coach Des Hasler against the club that he took to two premierships.

But Williams will be the player under scrutiny.

His statistics are down on last year and Canterbury fans want more from their major off-season signing.

Williams is an incumbent Test and NSW forward. He actually started last year's October Test against New Zealand in Townsville at lock.

Unless he can find some form over the next two games, he faces being cut from coach Tim Sheens' side for the one-off Test against New Zealand in Canberra tomorrow fortnight. Cronulla's Luke Lewis, Manly's Anthony Watmough and Brisbane's Sam Thaiday are candidates to replace Williams in the Kangaroos pack.

And unless his form improves, he is likely to be axed from the NSW State of Origin side too. Last year Williams averaged 121m a game. After four rounds this season, his average is 89m. Williams has been playing 80 minutes per game this year.

Canterbury lured Williams to Belmore this year amid much fanfare and hype.

A player with rare power, he can destroy an opposition side - when in the right mood.

"When he gets deep he then needs to take another step back and get even deeper," NSW and Australian legend Steve Roach said.

"When he runs like he means it, he scatters blokes

"He can do, he just needs to do it more often. There is no doubting his ability. He has a ton of ability, especially when he cuts back on the inside."

Read the rest:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...an-and-nsw-sides/story-e6frexp9-1226612003120

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
How do Canterbury need to justify his salary? T-Rex needs to justify his salary. Along with his spot in the team

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Surely he will fire against his old club

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I bet he has a blinder and then thats him done for the season..

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Rex and Matai have a deal to play shit and eventually they will let me go so I can come back to manly!!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he was a winger, why is he playing in the forwards?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There should be a clause, we will pay you max payout but if you don't perform and hit certian KPI's we will dock your pay. The incentive would be higher base.

I can't even call him T-Rex at the moment as that name does not accomodate his current form.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There should be a clause, we will pay you max payout but if you don't perform and hit certian KPI's we will dock your pay. The incentive would be higher base.

I can't even call him T-Rex at the moment as that name does not accomodate his current form.
In the business world you get a base salary plus commission. Commission is based on KPI's. I like your idea!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score

In the business world you get a base salary plus commission. Commission is based on KPI's. I like your idea!
nfl dose this but its more of a bonus

say score 20 touchdowsn and get a 1 million bonus

or rush 1500 yards a season

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So scoring 20 touchdowns in NFL gets you 1 million dollars. Playing touch footy against the NFL players would get me 50 "touch downs" seeing how horrible that sport is...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would back a KPI system, hell I'm on it at work and I earn way less than these guys LOL.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he does get dumped. That should spur him on for us

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope he does get dumped. That should spur him on for us
Bold move if he is dropped before a Manly game or after it. Massive statement I think the club isnt going to make given circumstances so far. I would rate Des even higher though.

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Enough words already. I'm sick of this guy talking himself up and then underperforming.
He needs to farkin have a go the peaheart. Imagine if he had Reynolds heart he would be unstoppable.

Bring it on

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he will come of the bench this week or next week with Pritchard starting then he should cause havoc

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is deliberately holding him back for what will be a new and specific role toward the end of the season. By season's end you will be rating the buy of the year.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is deliberately holding him back for what will be a new and specific role toward the end of the season. By season's end you will be rating the buy of the year.
This theory has actually been on my mind as we all know Des can see more than the fans.Then another side to me tells me to snap out of it.Interesting theory though and no sarcasm from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.