Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pritchard in fight to stay at Canterbury
Ian McCullough Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:36:02 PM

Frank Pritchard knows he has to fight to hold his spot
Frank Pritchard admits his hopes of staying with Canterbury beyond this season could be hindered by the emergence of David Klemmer, Josh Jackson and Dale Finucane.

Pritchard is off contract at the end of the year and the powerful New Zealand Test forward is yet to open negotiations on a new deal with the club.

Teenager Klemmer is rated as the best young forward in the game and recently signed a lucrative long-term contract with the Bulldogs.

Jackson and Finucane have both made encouraging starts to their NRL careers and the club is keen to tie the pair down to long-term deals with their current agreements expiring next year.

With James Graham, Sam Kasiano and Aiden Tolman also at the club, the Bulldogs forward options are strong.

Like Pritchard, Tolman is off-contract at the end of this season and the former Penrith player knows he faces a battle to stay at Belmore.

"It does make it tough for myself with young guys like Klemmer, Finucane and Josh Jackson," Pritchard said.

"They are all fighting for positions, and the club need to look after them.

"I may have to take up cricket!

"All I can do is go out there and play good footy.

"Once I do that it will look after itself."

Pritchard made his return to action from a leg injury against South Sydney on Friday and now has his sights set on making the Kiwi side for the Test in Canberra later this month.

"I need to play well for the club and hopefully I can get picked," he said.

"That is the key for everything, playing well week-in, week-out. The rest looks after itself."

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
His first game back from injury was a fairly solid effort and Frank performed fairly well for us since he came over from penrith. I really hope that we can retain him for another few seasons.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Frank the Tank remains at the Bulldogs!

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think Frank will struggle to hold his starting position with the crop we have currently, he is merely a positive mentor for them and guidance player,
his days of dominance might have passed him but he still holds his own and will be a great loss to our young forwards for leadership..

i think its time for Frank to take the Cash on offer from other clubs to set his family up... thats what all players do these days in their 30's

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson and Finucane are good players. But they are not as damaging as Frank. Also Frank has a strong off-load and consistently bends the line.

He has had a massive offer from another club. His management has met with the Bulldogs and are in negotiations. He wants to stay but the Dogs will need to come close to the other offer.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard admits his hopes of staying with Canterbury beyond this season could be hindered by the emergence of David Klemmer, Josh Jackson and Dale Finucane.
Cranky Franky might be concerned about this trio but if he missed training, got drunk at the club and robbed the poor box he would still be functioning better than Tony Williams.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Can only be good for us and the team to see Tank playing his tits off for a contract. Go franky!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What worked last year should be the priority, the proof is in the pudding, he is better than Klemmer.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Frank has been an excellent LHS player for us and has combined well with Barba which is a strength for him. Klemmer is a front rower so won't be competing for the same dollar. Jackson and Finucane are excellent players but don't have Frank's impact. I think Halatau will be the one to go.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only two players you mention then are off contact Frank and Dean.. klemmer 3 year ext and Jackson / finucane 2 year ext

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have room to re-sign many of our forwards, but it depends what we can sign in other positions will play a role plus any new signings.
Hodko, Keating option, Reynolds
Lafai, Low, Sila, etc.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Eastwood and Pritchard are a must re-sign in my opinion. I thought Reynolds was a done deal?

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is where it gets sad... will T-Rex signing destroy our club? he is on extremely high money and is taking a big chunk of our cap... Will we lose top players because of this? Is there a way of ofloading Williams? Tolman is a must signing... his work rate is too valuable. Beastwood is kicking ass. Prichard still has some good years in him and is extremely damaging. Klemmer, Finucane, Kasiano,Tolman and Jackson are our future in the forwards.. Williams is good at standing and doing nothing.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Out of all the youngsters coming through the one I could tolerate losing is Finucane. He's asking price will be too high for his next contract, and he is just your average working back rower. Runs hard and tackles well but skill wise he will never be as good as Jackson, Klemmer or Kasiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.