Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Normally I am one to be really critical of players, however I would be in favour for Folau for one reason:

HE IS A BIG GAME PLAYER!

Like Inglis, when the heat is on Folau will shine and in a grand final this guy could win us the game on his own via a few breaks and leaps. What a weapon to have going into the business end of the season.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now why on earth would he want to go back to a sh*thouse club that let him leave when he is starting halfback with a club that has one of the most exciting rosters and coaches in the game?

I really think if it's anyone it would be a fringe p[layer thinking he'd have a better chance of starting elsewhere
Oh he will no doubt assess his options through the year if we do look like making a big name signing. I just think he would try to play himself into the best form possible and check out his options through the year rather than going back to Poorramatta. It could happen I suppose, but I think he'll consider numerous options this year...from staying with us to looking at any other club's interested. I don't think he would already have a plan to go back to Parra next year.

It could happen though/....not saying it's THAT far fetched. I just like any opportunity to make fun of Poorramatta. In other words, a man who has dined on caviar finds it hard to go back to sardines :P

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he that great? I don't really remember him being a superstar, could be wrong, maybe with some league games under his belt he would be a great acquisition.

HSHS

Waterboy
Reaction score
JT and Benny to Cowboys

Panthers signed Isaac John. He's a halves player, so doubtful they'd have snared JT.

I still think JT will stay at cowboys though.
Your most probably correct with JT staying at the Cowboys, but heres the wrap!! Barba to go to the cowboys with JT, closer to mcKay , family and support. Cowboys will figure well next year.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Won't happen. Not, at least, until his current contract expires. By that time, Thurstons an old man. Hope not, anyway. It will end up being about access to his children. If they live in Mackay...well???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah even a player swap Barba for Thurston wouldn't work.

Besides they have Matty Bowen up there, who is still a damn good fullback.

HSHS

Waterboy
Reaction score
benny to cowboys

Won't happen. Not, at least, until his current contract expires. By that time, Thurstons an old man. Hope not, anyway. It will end up being about access to his children. If they live in Mackay...well???
They were tight at the indiginous camp. real tight. And the Cowboys know how to support indiginous players, they have a real network.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
JT said he was hoping to have sorted his contract early this week. If he is coming back to us the Barba situation could have delayed it. You never know? There is still hope on this one.

On the other hand, reading the thread below, Orford has big wraps on Sam Williams and he is now our halves coach!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...n-in-the-capital/story-fndujljl-1226547875779

Williams may be our 2nd option to go after if JT deal doesnt occur
Both my clamis may be way off mark, but this is the "rumour" thread ;-)

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't think the rumour about Barba going to the cowboys is true. Also regarding JT, I don't even think we are in the mix anymore? Thought they were only reporting Penrith, or he will stay at the Cowboys?

S

Sharpy

Barba ****s on Bowen

Are we after Sam Williams? I'd like to see him here
I joined the site from twitters the sam Williams rumour is fast gathering on twitter.

what also about manly having to release kite or rose to keep Stewart, do you think they are a 1 year option with graham and Kas out for long periods? I'm not a fan of either but they could fill a hole? Thoughts?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mackay is over 4 hours by car from Townsville. It's quicker to fly from Sydney....

the "North Queensland/family" argument doesn't really wash.

Where do people get their nonsense from?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Where do people get their nonsense from?
When I need my weekly intake of proposterous, far fetched rumours, I normally head straight to Bulldogs Debate Page.. which probably should rename itself to the Bulldogs Massdebate Page given how some people wank on about things over there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kasiano isn't (at the moment and hopefully doesn't turn to) out for a long time.

Kite & Rose are not worth a contract FOR US. They aren't the worst props (certainly not the best) though we have Tolman, Kasiano, Klemmer, Taupau, Finucane, Eastwood all capable or straight out props. Tolman & Kasiano are far far better, Klemmer looks like a great prospect and i'd certainly see us give him a crack before those 2 who are both proven to be fairly average props. Graham is back round 9. Taupau, Finucane, Eastwood can cover those rounds.

Big no from me. If we can land Sam Williams for the time being. HUGE YES from me.

Though i'd much prefer JT for 2014 if an option.

Most important though is Benny Barba getting back on track, feeling better and returning ASAP.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our team balance would be so much better with a johnson or sam williams over $1mill alot of coin out of cap ,with the team we have i really believe we only need a half slightly better than keating to kick arse and that we keep team together
agree 100%

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs are eyeing off Sam Williams http://fb.me/1zKYITD02. IMO would be a good buy. Can direct the team well and takes on the line. With JT close to re-signing with cowboys, Williams would be a good but and would come cheap, allowing to splash out on perhaps izzy Folau!

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Dogs are eyeing off Sam Williams http://fb.me/1zKYITD02. IMO would be a good buy. Can direct the team well and takes on the line. With JT close to re-signing with cowboys, Williams would be a good but and would come cheap, allowing to splash out on perhaps izzy Folau!

He wouldn't come 'cheap'. There's plenty of clubs interested, including the desperate Dragons. He'd command more thank Hodkinson is on for a start. But in comparison to what we'd have to pay JT, I guess thats cheap lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.