Inglis "try"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inglis wasn't playing at the ball, it just hit him in the arm while he was attempting to score a try.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ in normal nrl doesn't that constitute a knockon? or do qld get a different set of rules.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so you see it all the time, a player "doesn't play at the ball" but it's always deemed knock on, happens nearly everygame you see. so why is this any different. they claim if the ball travels forward of ur hands/forearms it's a knock on, well that's what happened.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay, so you see it all the time, a player "doesn't play at the ball" but it's always deemed knock on, happens nearly everygame you see. so why is this any different. they claim if the ball travels forward of ur hands/forearms it's a knock on, well that's what happened.
I don't see it all the time. I will be sure to look out for it from now on.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll put it to you plainly, If It was the other way round, would all you qlders call it a try? oh im sure you's would.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
take off your NSW bias goggles. It's a try. You'd all be crying foul if the try was denied for NSW. Clutching at straws. The only real **** up was giving a penalty for QLD for a really great tackle, which was counteracted by not giving QLD a penalty when Hayne hit Thurston when he had possession. Accident or not, it was a closed fist.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll put it to you plainly, If It was the other way round, would all you qlders call it a try? oh im sure you's would.
In truthfulness I would of complained, but deep down I would have been ok with it. I even complained about the Uate try. I am sure there was a hand in there. That was the Qlder in me. But it was a try.

If I were a NSW supporter, I would take a lot from last night. NSW dominated the ruck. How many times has this happened in Origin over the past 7 years?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Well actually, either way I'd deem it a no try.. If that was a win/loss decider, who the hell would want to win a game under such controversial circumstances?. Doesn't matter who It was against, It was a poor decision.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But really, we can all state our own opinions and name calling and b1tching, but It doesn't change a thing. hopefully the nrl takes a good look at it's refs, and not just that, all game the refs were sh*t.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
What's funny is that Thurston, Slater and Cronk all under performed and we still got the job done. NSW won't be so lucky next time if they are on the game.

The bridge has been narrowed, but that's partly due to the loss of Lockyer. NSW need to come away with points almost every time they are attacking the red zone. It's like Keating was playing for NSW and they had no ideas.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bill Harrigan just announced it was the right call.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill Harrigan couldn't find a woman's nipples if there were hanging out her top winking at him, he's useless. Then again the whole Nrl officials are all crap. And not origin.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Bill Harrigan couldn't find a woman's nipples if there were hanging out her top winking at him, he's useless....
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Any club game and that would have been a knock on, simple and plain. The vid ref obviously has a lot of pressure on him and knows either decision is going to come with a backlash of abuse and criticism. If he had decided it was a knock on, Harrigan would have sided with him 100%. Either way, Harrigan is the puppet master of these monkeys and will always side with them if it's in regards to a grey area..

It's funny that no one is allowed to question the referees, it has to always go to Harrigan and it always has to be behind closed doors. Because apparently the referees are only permitted to speak on field, off field, they have no voice, and their boss does all the talking for them.. I'd like to see all the refs put on a panel and grilled about their knowledge of the game..

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ That is what annoys me, noone is allowed to question the referee's, or even if a coach says a negative comment, they get fined. whatever happened to the right of free speech? Aslong as they're not calling them names, then what's the big deal? the coach is speaking the truth and some referee's have alot to answer for.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is, was and always has been a knock on...no try. disgraceful call. but only one of about 6 that went queenslands way : (

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same rule. If you are not playing at the ball it cannot be a knock on.
If he's not playing at the ball then how the hell did he score the try? Surely to score a try you are making "a play" at the ball.

Not saying it's try or no try... just that the whole "played at" rule is a joke. The refs are just guessing what the players intentions are based on no real evidence whatsoever. They can't read minds. To decide trys, games, origins, and even premierships based on a shot in the dark guess from a referee is ludricous. It's far too complicated and the whole thing is a massive grey area.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprises that Harrigan won't admit error on such a controversial decision - has to back up his man.

Worst call in history...I still can't get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.