Not happy with the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol rod just when the issue was resolved!

I know you agree with the logic of the previous posts but its like you see a challenge in battling for the unpopular side granted your debating skills.
Most of my past kennel arguments started on this basis. I don't even really have an opinion on anything, I just take the opposing side to everyone else.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
in before x factor writes a weird joke that Rodzilla has to act like is funny so he isnt being rude

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
and btw who would have thought that sending out a few tapes to a serviceman so he could watch a few games would be the unpopular viewpoint

people should be ashamed

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Most of my past kennel arguments started on this basis. I don't even really have an opinion on anything, I just take the opposing side to everyone else.
Have you met Crusader ?

Roddy also has a memory like an Elephant.

Me ... I'm pretty good at rally troops, or swaying an opinion a certain way (to suit a mood or cause), but I can barely remember what I posted 5 mins ago. It surprises me I don't get called on my blatant hypocrisies more often.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
and btw who would have thought that sending out a few tapes to a serviceman so he could watch a few games would be the unpopular viewpoint

people should be ashamed
Nah, I agree...

Tbh I don't really think it would have been hard to get a couple of games sent out, really I think who ever the OP's cousin talked to was being lazy; it just wreaks of laziness.

I really don't think Telstra or News would have minded the CBB sending something to a troop.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw on my contrarian nature

i dont take the opposite view, i take the correct view

it just so happens that everyone else are idiots

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
We should have a debate topic every week and watch Rod vs Book it would be very interesting!!

CK is brilliant and changing the stances of posters on a thread topic but does more so with personal beliefs, rationality and logic IMO

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Do you really think it is that simple? And do you really think the Dogs would actually break the law because it is something seemingly rather small? They are a large business and they will record things like that being sent out. They're not going to risk putting things in jeopardy.

Yeah, it's a little unfair your other mate got singlets and crap like that as well as his copies of the games, I understand that, but if the Bulldogs have cited a copyright issue then they are obviously not going to breach that are they?

In fact it's quite unreasonable to expect the club to breach copyright grounds to please you or whoever else. I think you're kidding yourself more than anything here. Good day.
well said.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
We should have a debate topic every week and watch Rod vs Book it would be very interesting!!

CK is brilliant and changing the stances of posters on a thread topic but does more so with personal beliefs, rationality and logic IMO
ck is not logical, at least not when he is trying to fire us up

he talks about things like voodoo and gets to a crazy level of enthusiasm which freaks me out a little

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That or it was the club's excuse to not bother

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who gives a fck about copyright issues? The Roosters obviously don't.

Admin should've turned a blind eye and sent him the games instead of being uptight c***s. At the very least they could have sent him some supporter gear so he didn't feel so let down.

I agree. shiit go indeed.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS sake why does it matter that the person requesting the tapes is a serviceman, they sign up for a job and get paid for it just like any other person that is employed.
Worst comment so far.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
btw on my contrarian nature

i dont take the opposite view, i take the correct view

it just so happens that everyone else are idiots
lol, post of the year.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what a **** go! another reason why all this family club bull**** is over hyped,
shame doggies... SHAMEEEEEE
I agree with you but please just get onto the NRL website and you can purchase these games for a very cheap price and send them off yourself. I did the same when I wanted to send a few DVD's of SSO over to some friends in the US.
It is a lot less hassle and your Cousin will get the DVD's much faster and will appreciate it more coming from you.
When that is done then please write a short not to marketing@bulldogs.com.au and tell them of your disappointment.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree they should have sent the games or at least supporters gear. **** go indeed.

G

Gladiator.

Daily Telegraph to run this story. Dean Ritchie you pole smoker here's a scoop for ya.

Midnight

The Dricmeister General
Reaction score
Who gives a fck about copyright issues? The Roosters obviously don't.

Admin should've turned a blind eye and sent him the games instead of being uptight c***s. At the very least they could have sent him some supporter gear so he didn't feel so let down.

I agree. shiit go indeed.
Can guarantee no one would sue them over it. Definitly just an issue of CBF-ness.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I'm an IT Guy and I serve the people of NSW. Give Me Free!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets be honest. Roosters breaking the law comes naturally to them. The players do it regularily, so I'm hardly suprised the club is doing it as well.

Copyright is copyright, simple as that. It's like going into a newsagent and stealing a magazine, or the guy who is serving sending a letter to the local newsagent asking for a free magazine.

Okay, yes, I'm sure everyones downloaded torrents before now, but the legal obligation is on the person downloading. In the event the DVDs of games were downloaded and sent out to the guy serving, and they got picked up, the Bulldogs would be in legal trouble, and copyright material from Ch9 could go as far as putting TV deals/rights at risk. Greenburg isn't that silly.

Okay, yes it sucks a bit, but the BEST people to contact are the NRL directly, and Channel 9.

Also maybe PM suiker on here, as she has been in touch with Greenburg before and might be able to give you direct contact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.