Michael Lett - 2011 Discussion Thread

Will Michael Lett take the field this weekend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great try he scored but was **** under the high ball and all he needed to do when he made that break was let Soward commit to the tackle and pass to Keating and we score under the posts. Got sellfish and cost us a try that could have changed the result.

Last edited by a moderator:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He also let bombs bounce that Goodwin would have caught. Each have their own pros and cons.

FYI I would rather have Lett there.
Hes far from polished but his weaknesses can be fixed.... Goodwin wont become faster than he is and hasnt shown anything to be excited of since his great yr in 2009

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cya lett, best of luck at whatever club you end up.

In all seriousess... yep, he could be something with his speed but i think nerves really destroy him in FG

Unfortunately if we keep him it will be for backup.

Bulldog4Life_21

Waterboy
Reaction score
i believe the constant pressure put on lett by the dragons speaks for it self , he's a weak link under bombs and if he was any good wayne bennet would have released another player to keep him at the dragons.

kudos to lett on the brilliant try he scored.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes far from polished but his weaknesses can be fixed.... Goodwin wont become faster than he is
Goodwin doesnt have to get faster to be better than lett is atm, he just has to play at his best, a level he has already reached. Ppl forget he was scoring a try per match on average in 2009 and can be quite a good finisher. He also is our best goalkicking option, which is more important than some ppl rate.

Lett looks like hes a good year or so from being fulltime FG material, goodwin just has to be Goodwin at his previous best. I feel Goodwin has been playing low on cofidence this year and maybe carried an injury all year too. We know he can be much better. seriously does nobody but me remember when he was matching Morris try for try and was finishing tries as good as anyone in the NRL? Wasnt that long ago. he isnt 38, he can recapture that im sure.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goodwin doesnt have to get faster to be better than lett is atm, he just has to play at his best, a level he has already reached. Ppl forget he was scoring a try per match on average in 2009 and can be quite a good finisher. He also is our best goalkicking option, which is more important than some ppl rate.

Lett looks like hes a good year or so from being fulltime FG material, goodwin just has to be Goodwin at his previous best. I feel Goodwin has been playing low on cofidence this year and maybe carried an injury all year too. We know he can be much better. seriously does nobody but me remember when he was matching Morris try for try and was finishing tries as good as anyone in the NRL? Wasnt that long ago. he isnt 38, he can recapture that im sure.
Goodwin had a good year in 2009.... But Its been 18 months not going to wait forever to pull his finger out if his a55...

If he does improve his form he can keep his spot but on current form which has dragged on since last year he adds little, even goalkicking is low 70%

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He had a great year in 2009.... It been 18 months not going to wait forever to pull his finger out if his a55...

If he does improve his form he can keep his spot but on current form which has dragged on since last year he adds little, even goalkicking is low 70%
Thats being said you could draw a line through the form of most of our team in 2010, it wasnt a great year for any of them.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
lett was supposed to be this speed demon yet in the clear he was run down with ease by soward! please explian why he is better then goodwin? if he ran away and scored yes! but he didn't! no excuses!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
lett was supposed to be this speed demon yet in the clear he was run down with ease by soward! please explian why he is better then goodwin? if he ran away and scored yes! but he didn't! no excuses!
Lett is faster then Soward over 100, but not over 40 though.

Very few would beat Soward over 40...

Still didn't stop Patten from chasing down Soward in 2009 to get an ankle tap on him. :becky:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He pulled is hammy came off straight after...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He pulled is hammy came off straight after...
He didnt pull his hammy before the run, if he had, he wouldnt have been running. ever tried running with a pulled hammy?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didnt pull his hammy before the run, if he had, he wouldnt have been running. ever tried running with a pulled hammy?
Who said anything about a hammy being pulled before a run? lol

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lett is faster then Soward over 100, but not over 40 though.

Very few would beat Soward over 40...
LOL exactly, I was about to say the same thing, Soward is extremely quick over a short distance. 10-15 more metres and Lett was gone.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lett should be in team if fit, ahead of goodwin. Just wish Turner can improve his goalkicking. Even if we did score another try in dragons game, i was doubting that turner would kick it as he struggled to kick a goal without any pressure let alone pressure. Surely we have someone in the team who can kick goals besides goodwin.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who said anything about a hammy being pulled before a run? lol
I thought your reply was saying the reason He got caught by coward when he made that run was he had pulled his hammy. If im wrong sorry.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lett should be in team if fit, ahead of goodwin. Just wish Turner can improve his goalkicking. Even if we did score another try in dragons game, i was doubting that turner would kick it as he struggled to kick a goal without any pressure let alone pressure. Surely we have someone in the team who can kick goals besides goodwin.
No way. Goodwin is a great and experienced player just playing below his best, so he can get it back. Maybe he had been carrying an injury all year, who knows. Lett hasnt gotten close to reaching the heights of form Goodwin has in the past and can produce again. It isnt like Goodwin is 38, he isnt past it, therefore he can recapture form. Lett is inexperienced and shows it in a few ways with bad decisions in attack and a few clangers in defence. he has scored 2 tries in 2 matches, but he has also cost us a couple. All some ppl here see is 2 tries in 2 matches and that hes fast. They dont see anything else, and there is the problem.

Lett will be a better player in the future and maybe figure in our future plans, but he isnt at Goodwins standard if Goodwin plays at his best. Goodwin is also our next great goalkicker. Bryson El magic.

H

hazem_elmasri

Goodwin is a spastic.
Not too many wingers greater than Lett out there.
Perhaps Nightingale, Uate etc.
Lett is also an outstanding Centrer, being quick and strong. I would swap lett for morris.
Shame his injury is why we wont see him for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.