Big News-Justin Hodges injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As reported on fox sports:

Justin Hodges out for 6 months, injured in training.

unlucky broncos...

C

chipandchase

i think they will now struggle to make the 8 with other teams outside the 8 imroving their player rosters over the offseason

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I read he was going to play Fullback for them too. Will be interesting to see what they do now.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Massive blow to their 2010 campaign - will be tough to replace

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Idris centre for the Idigenous team now?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
its max 6 months. depends on the tear. Anywhere between 3-6 months pretty much

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Such a shame.

I fkn hate Hodges, but he is an awesome player - I don't want to hear any excuses when we rape them this year.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodges Out for up to 6 Months

BRISBANE centre Justin Hodges is facing up to six months on the sidelines after rupturing his Achilles tendon during NRL pre-season training.
Hodges will undergo surgery tomorrow night to repair the damage, which was suffered when he stepped in a small hole while taking part in a conditioning drill at the University of Queensland on Saturday morning.

The Test star attempted to get up after his initial fall, but was in obvious agony with Broncos coach Ivan Henjak admitting his 27-year-old was visibly upset as he realised the seriousness of the injury.

Medical staff won't know the full extent of the damage until after the surgery is completed, but it appears Hodges would be lucky to get back on the park before the second half of the season.

That would also leave him struggling to play any part in Queensland's State of Origin campaign, with the final game to be played in Sydney on July 7.

"It's not real flash for us, but the positive is that it's happened in the pre-season and we've got plenty of time to look to all the options," Henjak told AAP.

"We've got three trials to work things out."

The injury is likely to see Israel Folau move back to right centre, his preferred position, with Steve Michael favoured to assume the left centre berth.

--------------

Firstly lol @ Steve Michaels.

This kind of sucks cos I was looking forward to seeing how he was going to square up in Origin. Its going to be a great Origin series but a tiny bit of sting has gone with him being out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.