Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thread to talk sh*t about how teams might line up in 2010. Fair few question marks over alot of teams like where Carney will play at Easts, what will happen at Parra with Tahu heading there, and who will take Hunt's job at Brisbane.

Offseason jibber for us real coaches.

For starters im curious to see what happens at Parra next year. Tahu, Poore and Shackleton coming in is going to push a few players out perhaps?

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Eric Grothe
3 Joel Reddy
4 Timana Tahu
5 Luke Burt

Then Krisnan Inu looks resigned to NSW Cup unless Burt or Grothe head off overseas? Or even Daniel Anderson shifting Reddy to the backrow like Ben Smith?

Also looks like Fuifui will be coming off the bench as Cayless and Poore will be starting?

Discuss x

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I havent heard anything about Grothe either.

Its funny when you think how crap Kristine Inu has been since he signed his contract, 330k+ and he has done nothing since then.

Then they go and sign Poore, and pretty much right afterwards FuiFui starts carving his pathway of destruction, there is no way they can leave him on the bench.

Poor Parramatta must be scratching their heads.

Grothe was crap last year, he was fantastic for Paramatta during the finals.

So many hot and cold players, they are definately a team to watch next year.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tahu on a wing and Inu in the centres and Burt in NSW cup.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way will they put Tahu on the wing with Inu in the centres.

Tahu will put Burt and/or Inu away for god knows how many tries next year.

P

Promiscuous

I like how tigers backline will look

1.Tuqiri
2.Tuaiki
3.Ryan
4.Lawrence
5.Tame Tupou
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

Very very destructive but then you ask what about ayshford who's definitely got lots of talent and the signing of fitzhenry. Hmm?

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how tigers backline will look

1.Tuqiri
2.Tuaiki
3.Ryan
4.Lawrence
5.Tame Tupou
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

Very very destructive but then you ask what about ayshford who's definitely got lots of talent and the signing of fitzhenry. Hmm?
ayshford insted of ryan imo.

1. Moltzen
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuquri
6. Marshall
7. Lui

P

Promiscuous

They will probably get tame tupou to play in the second row to fit ayshford and ryan in, moltzen will play halfback and his a much better option with lui especially his combo with marshall

S

Shermy

Tigers dont have a trouble with scoring points.
There forward pack and in particular the backrow is a strength of theres...

The halfback is the missing link for them.

S

Shermy

A guy like Hornby or Fein would really help them.
I dont think they need any more flair - they need a solid halfback who can kick pass etc..
Both of the players mentioned above would provide that.

Fein provides great ball to Marshall when playing for NZ.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On paper Tigers have a very strong team. Its a matter of how Tim Sheens runs the show next year as they have a few options. I'd go with something like this

1 Lote Tuqiri
2 Beau Ryan
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Taniela Tuiaki
6 Benji Marshall
7 Tim Moltzen
8 Jason Cayless
9 Robbie Farah
10 Keith Galloway
11 Gareth Ellis
12 Chris Heighnington
13 Liam fulton

14 Todd Payten
15 Bryce Gibbs
16 Simon Dwyer / Willie Mataka
17 Arana Taumata

S

Shermy

Felt the need to talk about my own team...

1 Wesser
2 Merritt
3 Best
4 Champion
5 Talanoa
6 Sutton
7 Sandow
8 Stuart
9 Luke
10 Asotasi
11 Burgess
12 Pettybourne
13 Crocker

14 Clark
15 Ross
16 Taylor
17 Geddes

Lets assume that forward pack does what is expected of it..
Sutton was red hot for most of the year and if you look at the stats - ended up on top in most of the stats department for 5/8s.

The real key is Sandow - he showed in 08 he can certainly play, he struggled this year big time. It is make or break for him next year..he needs to stand up big time.

If he does then i think its fair to say Souths = Top 8.

P

Promiscuous

Broncos

1.Kemp
2.Winterstein
3.Hodges
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace

S

Shermy

Kemp certainly doesnt have the ball skills or kicking skills of Hunt.
Be interesting to see what type of role he plays - i expect it would be sniffing around the ruck.

Which means not alot of out the back plays from Brisbane.
Lockyer is old and slow...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tigers backline is as follows

tiquiri
tuiaki
Lawrence
Ayshford
Ryan
Taumata
Marshall

Anyone who thinks that taumata won't be starting is kidding themselves. He's their gamebreaker for 2010. def the best young talent in the comp. if he would refrain from toweling up his teammates, then he's gonna be the best five-eight in the comp in a coupla years. when sbw was mentoring him at the dogs, arana showed that he could settle and just play footy. I think marshall have the influence on the kid (note to self and to bulldogs supporters/management/coaching staff etc: why did we let this bloke go???!!!!!)

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about da knights???

Gidley
uate
sau
macdougall
mcmanus
rogers
mullen

solid backline. if rogers could hold his form, they can be very dangerous. Junior sau is an absolute beast!

Dragons

Boyd
morris
Scott
cooper
sailor
Soward
hornby

this looks a crappy backline imo. Morris and boyd are the only shining lights. scott and cooper are great defenders, but don't offer that much in attack. There are much better backlines out there.

Warriors

fullback??? (could be hohaia but he should play halves
locke
ropati
mannering
vatuvei
Hohaia
Halfback (who will replace jones???)

some interesting positional decisions here for cleary

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Felt the need to talk about my own team...

1 Wesser
2 Merritt
3 Best
4 Champion
5 Talanoa
6 Sutton
7 Sandow
8 Stuart
9 Luke
10 Asotasi
11 Burgess
12 Pettybourne
13 Crocker

14 Clark
15 Ross
16 Taylor
17 Geddes

Lets assume that forward pack does what is expected of it..
Sutton was red hot for most of the year and if you look at the stats - ended up on top in most of the stats department for 5/8s.

The real key is Sandow - he showed in 08 he can certainly play, he struggled this year big time. It is make or break for him next year..he needs to stand up big time.

If he does then i think its fair to say Souths = Top 8.
sh!t hot team. Sandow is def the weak link. at the end of the day, the kid is too small for first grade. if i were them, i'd recruit the benny "the albino aboriginal" jones from the roosters to play half back.

I still think that sutton is a lock not a 5/8. he's much more dangerous mixing it with the forwards on the edge of the ruck. but when he's on his game, i have not seen a more talented player in a long time. (ps. reni should come home to the bunnies once his ban finishes. what a line-up they would have then).

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regarding Grothe..

From memory he is still contracted next year but the Eels have said to him that he is free to look elsewhere if he wishes. Should be interesting. Reddys defensive form in the back end of the season was nothing short of outstanding. Definitely deserves to be there next year. I would strongly consider dropping Inu. He only came good in 2 or 3 games in their run to the GF

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding Grothe..

From memory he is still contracted next year but the Eels have said to him that he is free to look elsewhere if he wishes. Should be interesting. Reddys defensive form in the back end of the season was nothing short of outstanding. Definitely deserves to be there next year. I would strongly consider dropping Inu. He only came good in 2 or 3 games in their run to the GF
i'd have inu here in flash. he's one of the best runners of the footy, and also a great goal kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.