Matthew Johns Being Stood Down Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the fact of the matter is this happened back in 2002 not 2009.

If the PM had a gang bang 30 yrs ago should he be fired if she comes out now and says i was suicidal?

aaronr

Waterboy
Reaction score
*** me i cant believe this **** not once did the interviewer say what were u going to his room for to play twister ??

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, it is something most of us wouldn't do. But to blame the bloke for the action of the chick is something else. But by her action nothing would have happened. She has the key and controls entry so to speak.

The thing that annoys me is no one is blaming the behaviour of this bird. They say it is all the blokes fault. It is the victim mentality the is p1ssing me off.

This should be the time when mature women should be stepping in and warning young girls the consequences of their action. Learn to take responsibility and protect themselves.

I put the blame on everyone in the room. She did agree do go back with 2 players. They all sound dirty to me

I understand what you mean, that if she didnt come forward he'll still have his job.

M

mofo sixx

If the PM had a gang bang 30 yrs ago should he be fired if she comes out now and says i was suicidal?
definitely. absolutely.

imo the time frame is irrelevant.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Will probably resign from public pressure

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
LOL, I don't support what he did one bit.

I just think there has been a major over-reaction.
Believe me this sort of stuff is probably a weekly occurence when combining all our footy codes. It's a regular occurence in society and it happens all the time with sports stars, entertainment personalities etc.

Everyone's going to have an opinion on the morality of the incident. I, along with you wouldn't get myself into that situation but I can understand in the moment one can make the wrong decision as Matty and the other players did. Committing infidelity is the only thing he's done wrong.

Yes as GB pointed out, image is crucial but that fact it was 7 years ago throws that out the window. Had it have occured during his tenure @ Channel 9 then I can understand David Gyngell's course of action.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
thats not true.

because, like it or not a consensual gang bang is always going to bring the game into disrepute in the wider media and the community.

if the players were smart they wouldn't put themselves into situations where these sorts of accusations can be made in the first place,

until that happens they are just providing more fuel for the fire.
okay so why he is now being punished for something that happened 7 yrs ago??

i really dont think matty keeping his job at the present time after what he did 7 yrs ago should bring the game into disrepute in a contemporary context.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes as GB pointed out, image is crucial but that fact it was 7 years ago throws that out the window. Had it have occured during his tenure @ Channel 9 then I can understand David Gyngell's course of action.

Well obviously he disagrees

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Mate, it is something most of us wouldn't do. But to blame the bloke for the action of the chick is something else. But by her action nothing would have happened. She has the key and controls entry so to speak.

The thing that annoys me is no one is blaming the behaviour of this bird. They say it is all the blokes fault. It is the victim mentality that is p1ssing me off.

This should be the time when mature women should be stepping in and warning young girls of the consequences of their actions. Learn to take responsibility and protect themselves.
Trust me, most of the anger I've heard from today has been from women. They are totally against what this girl has done (crying victim, 4 corners, attention seeking etc).

I dont think they had any other choice
Lol it's a simple yes or no answer bro. But I'll assume that statement means you agree with him being dumped.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
definitely. absolutely.

imo the time frame is irrelevant.
Will probably resign from public pressure
lol yeah i know bad comparison.

but seriously the punishment doesnt fit the crime as there was no crime. Channel 9 just got egg on its face as back in 2004 they promoted the respect to women saga after the coffs harbour scandal, and now an employee is embroiled in it.

Humility imo in this case is more than enough

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
of course the time frame matters....

if his wife has forgiven him then move on with it..

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been hammered. I don't understand why this woman is being portrayed as the victim in all this? It was a consensual gang bang. Matty and his family are the vitcims of a pathetic media campaign. Matty and his wife have to re-open old wounds because of some pathetic campaign for him to be the fall guy of this woman's sob story.
Its just disgracefull.
I agree.

Fair enough, the group sex is not everyone cup of tea, but it was years ago, and she consented.....if she didnt WANT to get gangbanged by many men, why didn't she either not go there, leave, say no...and why arent they in jail if it was something bad?

You don't gang bang footy players and then cry victim after.

The way it has been dragged up again is pitiful....she may want sympathy and for the families to know, but does she realise most of Australia now thinks she is a homewrecking attention whore slut? :o

We all know many footballers don't lead a angelic lifestlye...but if it is kept private and no one finds out about consensual sex, it won't affect the game. Matt Johns hasn't brought the game into disrepute, this woman has.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol yeah i know bad comparison.

but seriously the punishment doesnt fit the crime as there was no crime. Channel 9 just got egg on its face as back in 2004 they promoted the respect to women saga after the coffs harbour scandal, and now an employee is embroiled in it.

Humility imo in this case is more than enough

Maybe it doesnt.

Most people wont lose their jobs for a gangbang that happend 7 yrs ago. But tv is different

Might seem unfair to some, but as they say. Theres no business like show business

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Its not a simple yes or no, because its not simple situation.

I understand why they made their decision
Yes it is.

In light of your comments on image in rugby league, do you agree or disagree with him being stood down?

That's all I'm asking, I have no idea why you're avoiding it.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
oh dear, this is going to be another 100 page thread in 1 hr that will be deleted :p

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay – Busy day.

BABs said:
What if you were sacked by your current employer for something you did 7 years ago. Something that wasn't even against the law.
That quote you highlighted, was in reference to the sentence from Pattenator “hope she is revealed as the tramp she is” – Not in any way directed at the issue of Matt Johns employment.

To answer you – It would suck. No denying that ! It doesn’t just affect him. The wife and the kids, will all suffer the fallout too. It's all lose-lose. Channel 9 have to protect their interests or risk alienating what little fan base they have left.

But surely you can see : If it was only discovered 7 years later that my undisclosed “lawful” actions, prior to my employment, were responsible for driving away my current employers business and alienating both clientelle and fellow-staff, would you expect the employer to just go “oh well, nothing I can do !” – Channel 9 were put in lose, lose situation. I think it was said earlier today “prior to this scandal they couldn’t afford to lose him, after Four Corners they can’t afford to keep him”.

Nexus said:
Would us having children all of a sudden make us think the woman was a poor innocent victim.. um no.
Correct – That is unlikely. But it may give “you” and people who think like you the ability to empathise.

All it would do is make sure I raise my children right and to stay away from these sorts of dangers.
Agree – THAT is exactly WHY she came forward. And it motivates me too !!! Pity she never had that sort of support of environment.

You might even find yourself quietly thanking her and women like her for it one day, should you ever find your daughter/sister/former classmate/old neighbour, labeled a filthy whore by dedicated non-thinkers, after being traumatized by a group of Neanderthals !

I really dont see your point or how its relevent.
Your immaturity and lack of empathy prevents this !

JackTheLad said:
Trial by media. We mock the eastern block because of their state sponsored media, here we have a media sponsored state. They set the agenda and act as judge an jury.

It is fu#$ed up the amount of power they wield and their ability to condition the gullible.
Werd ! Don’t get me started on that ….. I’ve had a big enough day !

Bainy said:
I disagree, Kickass.

I can't speak as a father (having 4 boys) but if this was a sister of mine, I would give her support if she needed it, but in no way would I encourage her to feel 'victimised'.
I would never encourage anyone to feel ‘victimised’ and I’d like to think nobody does – For the record I was objecting to the name calling of the victim.

Tramp ? Whore ?
Pfft. – How idiotic !

John Chalk - NRL Board Member said:
David is 100 per cent right and if there is anyone who doesn't recognise or accept that then they do need to get out.
Todd Greenburg in SMH said:
"It was disturbing and sad. I really felt for the victims, as the father of a daughter."
brian wladron (Storm CEO) in SMH said:
What we saw on that program was horrendous and David (Gallop) is spot on. I believe all clubs would support him and people need to know that that sort of behaviour won't be tolerated."

Status
Not open for further replies.