hodgson second row or prop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
i feel he would be better and second row with ryan having stagg at lock i feel we have some more options at prop than second row

bugden

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my only concern about him in the second row is his lack of mobility and creativity. the pack youve suggested gives us very little in terms of creativity.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
id agree but i feel if we have koups or lee t or both on the bench of have one of them start with hodgson on the bench it gives us some flare and i think stagg has a good creative play

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I really think we need the most experienced front row we can get. Hodgson looks like the working hard man we need as one bookend. These days 2nd rowers need to be able to run fast and score tries and if we are still feeding Koups he needs to either be able to do that for us or quit as he has no other position.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Start him in the front row, good solid prop who led the titans well in the absence of Bailey last year. Have Hickey n Armit off the bench in short sharp spurts along with kite which will be good 5 prop rotation.
Ryan n Stagg can play 80 minutes along with Ennis so its between Koups, LeeT & Gordon for the other starting 2nd row spot & last bench spot.

D

dogs_4 lyf

yeah but from what we have seen last year not yet, they have potential, plus hodgson isnt the biggest of players so yes second row for me until one of them you mentioned step up.

B

Ben Godberts

yeah but from what we have seen last year not yet, they have potential, plus hodgson isnt the biggest of players so yes second row for me until one of them you mentioned step up.
He is a prop. Go jump off a building

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
As I read the Player Profile he is 6 foot 2 inches tall and weighs in at 100kgs. That's bigger than Robbo and probably bigger than Tunks while he was playing.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have no choice but to step up with reni gone & Ryan & Stagg nailing down 2 spots there's only 1 left. Now's the time to pull there finger out.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Tbqh I think we start with Hogdson and Hannant as our front rowers, with Hickey on the bench for a bit of impact. 2nd rowers these days need ball skills, and a bit of agility. Hodgson won't provide that for us if Hickey starts at 10.

Lee T - if he shows us the form of late 08 in this years trials, should get 1st crack at 2nd row. He has fair mobility, some ball skills, and some grunt. Imo he has the same amount, if not more ability than Reni.

8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Te Maari
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Tbqh I think we start with Hogdson and Hannant as our front rowers, with Hickey on the bench for a bit of impact. 2nd rowers these days need ball skills, and a bit of agility. Hodgson won't provide that for us if Hickey starts at 10.

Lee T - if he shows us the form of late 08 in this years trials, should get 1st crack at 2nd row. He has fair mobility, some ball skills, and some grunt. Imo he has the same amount, if not more ability than Reni.

8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Te Maari
12. Ryan
13. Stagg
I always had the feeling that Te Maari had potential and the right body shape but needed to be a little older. It is also true that a player of Lee T's body size cannot make the hard yards. That is up to having a great no 9 backed up by some tough props. Last year we had a journeyman no 9 and really nobody as a game breaker at 8 or 10. If our front row steps up someone like Lee will benefit greatly and the breaks will come.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Start him in the front row, good solid prop who led the titans well in the absence of Bailey last year. Have Hickey n Armit off the bench in short sharp spurts along with kite which will be good 5 prop rotation.
Ryan n Stagg can play 80 minutes along with Ennis so its between Koups, LeeT & Gordon for the other starting 2nd row spot & last bench spot.
You would rather armit or hickey on the bench over kite?

Status
Not open for further replies.