Bulldogs snare big tough hombre Conrad Ta'akimoeaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By Nick Walshaw | December 01, 2008 12:00am

MEET Conrad Ta'akimoeaka - the unknown Aucklander who walked out on a lucrative five-year Japanese rugby contract to have a crack at the NRL.
Signed on with the Bulldogs, Ta'akimoeaka weighs 100kg, stands 184cm and has been described by Belmore insiders as "one big, tough hombre".

So while Benji Marshall and co. continue with threats to jump ship, this unassuming backrower is hurtling in the other direction.

"My sole aim is to make first grade, definitely," Ta'akimoeaka says. "That's why I've given up a five-year rugby contract . . . I want to pursue this dream."

Still only 24, the boom Kiwi actually signed on at Belmore last year but went unnoticed after injuring his knee in a trial game.

He had a knee reconstruction and missed the entire season.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24730901-5006066,00.html

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nick walshaw is really pulling out the positive stories for our club of late

noice

MILF

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he has been at the club one year already .

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
lets hope his knee is all good now and will step up and rip the opposing teams apart!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
commentators were happy that his knee was injured badly

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ i get that lol.

next year, 2009, so much promise, who knows what will happen, I'm so excited, and if Conrad Ta'akimoeaka can perform, then we're that much better.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
he looks like a unit. hopefully he doesn't get injured so we can see how good he can perform

A

Al.Bundy

They boys have big wraps on him. He has been training the house down apparently and hits very hard in defense. He also is a bit of a rapper apparently.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100 kg?

He is far from a monster. In fact he is quite light now when it comes to forwards.

Didn't he weigh a hell of alot more last year?

And I wonder what Godberts will make of this signing seeing as Conrad was near the top of his Noad signings list.

I suppose now since Greenberg signed the same player Noad did, and got roasted for doing so, it will now be hailed as a masterstroke and a good signing.....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
100 kg?

He is far from a monster. In fact he is quite light now when it comes to forwards.

Didn't he weigh a hell of alot more last year?

And I wonder what Godberts will make of this signing seeing as Conrad was near the top of his Noad signings list.

I suppose now since Greenberg signed the same player Noad did, and got roasted for doing so, it will now be hailed as a masterstroke and a good signing.....[/
QUOTE]

He hasnt played FG yet so you have no idea how he'll go other then a small paragraph hyping this so called 'mammoth' up

...and NOAD signed him for 2 years. Greenburg had nothing to do with it.

Hth.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is only 100 kg

IM HEAVIER AND TALLER

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
He's 24 already, i thought he was much younger than that! Hope he goes well and becomes a stand out

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
good on him, i hope he makes 1st grade and shows what he is made out of!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey Mitch, I know he hasn't played FG yet, and am not expecting much from this bloke at all. Hopefully he surprises though.

And you are right, I got my wires crossed, I thought he may have been re-signed, but he wasn't off contract at all.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
did this bloke do a sonny bill or did he leave at the end of the japanese rugby season?
or mid season with the club's blessing?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
did this bloke do a sonny bill or did he leave at the end of the japanese rugby season?
or mid season with the club's blessing?
he was with norths before us. there are some idiots out there labelling the bulldogs hypocrites because theyre under the assumption that we took him midway through his rugby contract lol

Status
Not open for further replies.