Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
I remember the Christmas pagents we had at OLR primary school. Being in the choir naturally i often participated. Was so fun sitting with parents, talking about my homie jesus and watching fireworks and getting dressed up.
I would literally look forward to the pagent for MONTHS
Then the last few days of school, colouring in and making santas and trees etc :love:

Although i was never chosen for lead roles...only Mary Magdalene one year for easter rofl :(
We used to do carols, but I didn't go to a catholic school.

I landed one lead role in primary school, I was Jan (the brusha brusha brusha girl) in Grease... so I got a Pink Ladies jacket and was told I stole the show.

And in year 7, I was the ring master in our Circus production of Midsummer Nights Dream.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to do carols, but I didn't go to a catholic school.

I landed one lead role in primary school, I was Jan (the brusha brusha brusha girl) in Grease... so I got a Pink Ladies jacket and was told I stole the show.

And in year 7, I was the ring master in our Circus production of Midsummer Nights Dream.
ROFL I loved Jan!

Meh school productions were different. It was the Easter and Christmas pagents that you would die to get a spot in!

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
You're Italian right?
Yes, but my Dad isn't. So as a compromise I went to a public school.

I was in a group with all the wogs and losers.... I hated primary school, high school was the bomb, I was popular there.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That cake looks better than sex.
I can imagine the little bits of candy would slice my throat thought ( i dont chew when excited).
Candy canes have a marvellous habit of being sharp when you don't want them to be!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, but my Dad isn't. So as a compromise I went to a public school.

I was in a group with all the wogs and losers.... I hated primary school, high school was the bomb, I was popular there.
Fair enough.

I can imagine the little bits of candy would slice my throat thought ( i dont chew when excited).
Candy canes have a marvellous habit of being sharp when you don't want them to be!
I never chew. Period. LOL

I

I R Cookie

Do you guys have houses in your area that do their houses with lights? Or know of any good areas to go to?

Can be anywhere in Sydney.
Lugarno! I'm guna go check it in a few weeks.

T

Toro

What is your favourite thing about the lead up to Christmas?

It isn't my "favourite" thing (personally), but the fasting period prior to Christmas is what I consider to be the most important thing to me in the lead up to Christmas.

If I'm not mistaken, it has begun this week, and will go for the 40 days preceeding Christmas. It is a time to reflect on our sins and how we may have strayed from God. I have plenty of repenting to do, so I've begun ASAP.

At the end of the day, Christmas will ONLY ever have a religious/spiritual significance for me. It is not only a time for us to rejoice in the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, but it should also mark a rebirth or renewal of our faith in God and to try strengthen that faith for the following year onwards.

What does your family do?

We go to Church on Christmas Eve, and the following day to welcome this Holy period in to our lives. Then there's the big Christmas feed to break the fast, and we end up stuffing our guts to capacity! LOL

My family doesn't really do presents on Christmas Day. We believe that presents are a distraction from the REAL meaning of Christmas, so instead we get our "would-be Christmas presents" on New Year's Day.

Do you celebrate it at all?

Of course I do. Without any question or hesitation.
I have to wait 2 weeks longer than most others to celebrate it, but what can I do? :o

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the Christmas songs

The oldies from the home alone movies

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the Christmas songs

The oldies from the home alone movies
Love the Home Alone movies. Well 1 and 2 only. My fav 'Christmas' movies.

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal.........and a happy new year.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yella, no good (cecus?) off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead

Ok Johnny Im sorry, Im going

1 - 2 - 10

Hahahahahahhaha

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL. Awesome movies. Love em.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
National Lampoons rocks them all.

Also love Elf, Love Actually, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Grinch and Santa Claus.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Home Alone 2 is probably the better one. Weird seeing the Twin Towers though...

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Now I know people are going to see this as being a bar humbug but I really hate Christmas carols. Honestly they have the most annoying tunes that get stuck in your head. I can think of nothing worse then spending Christmas eve watching stupid christmas carols.

But usually spend christmas day with family then boxing day is spent in front of the cricket ad a BBQ lunch.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Now I know people are going to see this as being a bar humbug but I really hate Christmas carols. Honestly they have the most annoying tunes that get stuck in your head. I can think of nothing worse then spending Christmas eve watching stupid christmas carols.

But usually spend christmas day with family then boxing day is spent in front of the cricket ad a BBQ lunch.
My Brother!
Have you noticed the looks you get when you say you don't like Christmas carols?
As though you just sprouted horns, a tail and cloven hooves.
CHRISTMAS CAROLS ARE CRAP.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My desired Christmas tree:

Status
Not open for further replies.