Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

-313-

I have a question for the Muslim people in here. Is it considered offensive or rude to hand out a candy cane to a Muslim child?

May sound dumb but is that alright? Seeing as it's a Christmas related thing.
No not at all.. I own my own business, so we decorate the offices every year, we have a tree at recption, we do the kris kringle for the staff, we have the traditional Xmas party.

I take my nieces and nephews to take pics with santa every year, and I also decorate my house.

We believe in Jesus (AS) and we believe in his birth.. so go on give candy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No not at all.. I own my own business, so we decorate the offices every year, we have a tree at recption, we do the kris kringle for the staff, we have the traditional Xmas party.

I take my nieces and nephews to take pics with santa every year, and I also decorate my house.

We believe in Jesus (AS) and we believe in his birth.. so go on give candy.
Oh OK. Good stuff. I usually hand them out anyway. We get kids who come in with their parents and it's slack if I give one kid a candy cane while another sits there and watches.

Thanks for the info, champ.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SENDING Christmas cards in the snail mail...
Pft

Giving?

Who would of though.. :o

Sending is good. You feel good, But it doesn't result in a tacky window blinds being littered with them rofl

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
What is your favourite thing about the lead up to Christmas?
Putting up the Christmas tree obviously. We are putting it up this weekend, I blew off plans of a post exam piss up to put it up with my family and now I have someone special to do it with. I am also making cookies so we can eat them afterwards and then we will probably watch Elf or something to get us in the chrissy mood.

The day before Christmas Eve, I see my Dad and his girlfriend for a seafood platter and he has some great houses around his area with all the lights. And then we watch some old English Christmas TV specials.

Also on Christmas eve, we have turkey loaf, not real turkey, turkey loaf because it's soooo much better IMO. After dinner we always watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, my fave Christmas movie ever.

Once in a blue moon we go to midnight mass.

What does your family do?

In the morning, I wake up, open presents. We have a big ass full English breakfast. I play with the little kiddies next door who are using their new toys... they are getting a new trampoline this year and guess who is using it? :p

For lunch, I go to see my Dad's family, go for a swim in the pool, get more presents (see my dad's family doesn't believe in love all that much but they give great presents), eat chicken and turkey (no matter how hot it is, my step nan will make an English roast) and I play with my little cousins (the only people in my Dad's family I like because they are young and innocent and immune to their synicism).

For dinner, we go to one of my Italian relatives house, this year we are at my uncle's place in Forestville, we open presents after our seafood feast, go for a swim, I play with my cousins, we play Scopa or Briscola and drink my uncle's wine.

Do you celebrate it at all?
Christmas is the best time of the year, I wish it snowed here though. My friends going to London for Chrissy and I am sooooooo jealous.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pft

Giving?

Who would of though.. :o

Sending is good. You feel good, But it doesn't result in a tacky window blinds being littered with them rofl
LOL. Do what my grandmother use to do, buy a pack of cards yourself and hang them up HAHAHA!

Heart my grandmother.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hahaha that is so adorable!
That was one of my favourite times as a kid....going to see santa.

I would love to get a photo done this year rofl

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. Do what my grandmother use to do, buy a pack of cards yourself and hang them up HAHAHA!

Heart my grandmother.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is actually a good idea......

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you celebrate it at all?
Christmas is the best time of the year, I wish it snowed here though. My friends going to London for Chrissy and I am sooooooo jealous.
Snow? Stuff that. Us Aussies have it the best. BBQ on a nice summer day, cold, cold beer from the esky and a swim is the best thing to do on the best day of the year. Forget -10 degrees and being stuck inside the house.

Give me an Aussie Christmas over anything in the world.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha that is so adorable!
That was one of my favourite times as a kid....going to see santa.

I would love to get a photo done this year rofl
Apparently I was piss scared of Santa when I was a pup. I would cry and scream to get away from him. Now I heart him.

-313-

Snow? Stuff that. Us Aussies have it the best. BBQ on a nice summer day, cold, cold beer from the esky and a swim is the best thing to do on the best day of the year. Forget -10 degrees and being stuck inside the house.

Give me an Aussie Christmas over anything in the world.
I love white Xmas, I'm having one in 2009 can't wait

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to experience a freezing cold white christmas too one day!
Rugged up, and actually a REASON to have the big ass roast my mother makes...with hot cocoa, snow outside, carols, a warm fire, roasting marshmellows. Yes i have thought this out rofl

p.s- turkey rolls ROCK! Think we are breaking trad and going with a seafood dinner one this year! :(

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
yes we celebrate xmas...
with lots and lots and lots of fooood!
and presents <3

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love white Xmas, I'm having one in 2009 can't wait
It would be nice to have it once but I love what we have here in Australia.

-Kurry- said:
I want to experience a freezing cold white christmas too one day!
Rugged up, and actually a REASON to have the big ass roast my mother makes...with hot cocoa, snow outside, carols, a warm fire, roasting marshmellows. Yes i have thought this out rofl
We sometimes cook marshmellows on the BBQ. Well the Arab BBQ LOL.

Gotta burn them though.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if everyone didn't cook 2 truck loads of food and have 1 truck load left over IMO.

Don't know if it's my Arab family that just does that LOL.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for the Muslim people in here. Is it considered offensive or rude to hand out a candy cane to a Muslim child?

May sound dumb but is that alright? Seeing as it's a Christmas related thing.
no. when i was a kid my parents used to always get me pictures with santa.

We always buy Candy canes, when i was a kid i used to keep suking them till they became sharp. lol

Christams is good. It makes people happy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
no. when i was a kid my parents used to always get me pictures with santa.

We always buy Candy canes, when i was a kid i used to keep suking them till they became sharp. lol

Christams is good. It makes people happy.
Good stuff. I still do that now and stab people with it. LOL

They get more disgusted than hurt though. :p

M

mofo sixx

I know there has been similar threads(every year!), but this is to combine it all together....inspired by my chat to K E

What is your favourite thing about the lead up to Christmas?-
- Apart from the anticipation of time off work, nothing really
- 6 weeks holidays this yr i cant wait, buying a new (ZX10R ninja) bike & taking it for a 1000 km solo ride , hopefully!

What does your family do?
- Typical stuff , lunch on the big day
- Only kids get presents, adults in my family don’t buy for each other , well some do, i just don’t bother & ask ppl not to bother buying for me;
- The deal with my kids is one yr they sleep @ mine on Christmas eve & are with me until lunch time Christmas day & then head to bankstown (or their mums family’s holiday house on the coast) then the following yr its the reverse & i get them @ lunch time on Christmas day.
- The deal with my daughter is different, i have her one yr, her mother has her the next yr
- Last yr i didn’t have any of my kids on xmas day & it sucked.
- Usually do the tree/deco thing with kids the first w/end in December
- Oh the light displays ppl do in their houses , thats pretty cool really, there are some awesome ones

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you guys have houses in your area that do their houses with lights? Or know of any good areas to go to?

Can be anywhere in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.