Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there has been similar threads(every year!), but this is to combine it all together....inspired by my chat to K E

What is your favourite thing about the lead up to Christmas?
What does your family do?
Do you celebrate it at all?

My favourite is the putting up the tree. Dead set. Yes i know it is a religious holiday, but the tree "gets me in the mood"
I put up the work tree today and now i am all pumped :o

And the advent calendar and the candle wreath used to be a family tradition.

So excited :D

/childish rant

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

The excitement plus putting up all the decorations.

What don't we do? Midnight Mass first. Open presents in the morning. Lunch here, there and everywhere and dinner is ALWAYS at my place. Family+friends+food+drinks+pool= AWESOME time.

Yes. Yes I do. :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a question for the Muslim people in here. Is it considered offensive or rude to hand out a candy cane to a Muslim child?

May sound dumb but is that alright? Seeing as it's a Christmas related thing.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I love Christmas and I love everything about the leadup to it - putting up the tree and all the decorations, shopping for pressies. I also love the religious significance of it all.

Christmas day is a big family day for us - Christmas lunch and then dinner with tons and tons of food and drinks and lots of people.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
i love xmas! Xmas and Halloween are my two favourite holidays!

Christmas carols & decorations in shopping centres.
Wearing daggy xmas earrings.
Getting all excited about xmas parties and finding out who your kris kringle will be and then working out what you're going to get them.
decorating your office/home
Driving around the burbs and seeing all the pretty lights on peoples homes
We celebrate it on xmas eve, so my mum makes a massive feast and we eat late and stay up until midnight. Once it hits midnight we toast by eating traditional sweets and drinking cider then we open our pressies. We then go to bed and the next day get up and have left overs for xmas lunch.
yes, yes i do. I'm an XMAS NUT!!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A nice dinner christmas eve..often go visiting people
Wake up late on christmas day ( well everyone else does..i wake up early due to excitement lol)
Lunch...biiiiig biiiiiig lunch. ALWAYS overboard.
Dinner is just relaxed..probably some drinking, leftovers, maybe seeing other people.

Unfortunately we no longer go to a christmas mass. I have begged to go, but this year I might just go myself- although without family its nothing

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
I have a question for the Muslim people in here. Is it considered offensive or rude to hand out a candy cane to a Muslim child?

May sound dumb but is that alright? Seeing as it's a Christmas related thing.

Yes, it is offensive. Everytime you do that Allah kills a kitten.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love xmas! Xmas and Halloween are my two favourite holidays!

Christmas carols & decorations in shopping centres.
Wearing daggy xmas earrings.
Getting all excited about xmas parties and finding out who your kris kringle will be and then working out what you're going to get them.
decorating your office/home
Driving around the burbs and seeing all the pretty lights on peoples homes
We celebrate it on xmas eve, so my mum makes a massive feast and we eat late and stay up until midnight. Once it hits midnight we toast by eating traditional sweets and drinking cider then we open our pressies. We then go to bed and the next day get up and have left overs for xmas lunch.
yes, yes i do. I'm an XMAS NUT!!
ROFL yes!

I am going to TORMENT my husband and children by demanding to go see all the lights....and put them on our house rofl

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Church, Jorgie?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, it is offensive. Everytime you do that Allah kills a kitten.
Slack! :p

ROFL yes!

I am going to TORMENT my husband and children by demanding to go see all the lights....and put them on our house rofl
My area is too stuck up to put lights on their houses. I like going to other areas and seeing houses done nicely.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If i were to step foot in one now i'd be struck by lightning. I've been lviing in sin for the last five years of my life :(
LOL. Shut up and go. We're all sinners.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, also. I beg that no one turns this into a fight/conspiracy/propaganda thread.

Please.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Oh, also. I beg that no one turns this into a fight/conspiracy/propaganda thread.

Please.
whatever, whatever i do what i want! Its my body, i do what i want. Im a muslim & can get offended and write 15 essay long posts, whatever i do what i want!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
whatever, whatever i do what i want! Its my body, i do what i want. Im a muslim & can get offended and write 15 essay long posts, whatever i do what i want!
LOL! Me and my gang only do hate crimes. Whateva!

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Please.

i agree ke this is a great idea for a thread with a really nice feel to it, lets hope it stays that way.

love xmas, putting the tree up with the wife and kids is awesome fun, it all starts there followed by photos with santa and night drives to look at the lights. church on xmas eve with wife and kids then xmas carols and a few drinks at ours,olds or sisters (me and sis do presents on xmas eve as a tradition it was started because we couldn't wait for xmas day and we would tell mum and dad that we appreciate each others presents more b4 we got santas :grinning: ) then home to wait for santa. christmas day is started with breakfast at inlaws followed by roast lunch and cricket at one of my families house usually mum and dads then home for a sleep and few more beers in preparation for the boxing day test drinking marathon.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What Church do you guys go? I usually go to one of the Assyrian Churches. Last year I went to the Bossley Park one but I usually go to the Greenfield Park one. They are both PACKED to the brim.

Have never been to the one on Polding St for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.