Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Prom Queen split up mate. Parkway are the ones giving the Americans something to talk about.

Crafter (Prom Queen vocalist) was on Big Brother for 2 nights and got kicked off haha
Aah ok. Thats what i meant. Hehe! I knew it was one of them. (dont really listen to either tbh).

Yeah i heard he was on BB. Apparently he was a bit of a sh1t stirrer?

M

mofo sixx

if you havent heard them i recommend Murderdolls & also Wednesday 13 & also Bourbon Crow , all pretty cool!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i duno about that

Ozzy never used double kick & he is a metal god

Sabbath *ozzy era* no double kick & they are the best metal band period & any metal band you care to mention would agree with me regardless of what sub genre they belong to the first 4 sabbath albums are the best music ever made!

Maiden never used double bass

i could go on, but i think my point has been made!

that said, i love double bass/kick Slayers original drummer is my favourite of all drummers
I mean these days, obvoiusly back in the days it wasnt around but the metal was still godly.

M

mofo sixx

I mean these days, obvoiusly back in the days it wasnt around but the metal was still godly.
gotcha, do u know who the first to use double bass drums was? , was it lars? i havent got a clue on that one!

LMAO , Wikipedia says Keith Moon , i was almost going to have a stab @ his name too, cos i knew he was a mad drummer & also cos the who are playing on my puter right now!

have you heard the story about him driving a rolls royce into a pool?
i cant see how you could do that & live as how could you open the doors to get out? , unless it was a huge pool i guess!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Swedish / Scandenavian metal is pretty gun as well

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
gotcha, do u know who the first to use double bass drums was? , was it lars? i havent got a clue on that one!
I read it a while back on wiki but can't remember. Wasnt used like it is today until 90's i think. Anyone else? lol

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
strung out tomorrow night at wollongong uni cant wait. they arent like they used to be but ill never miss a show wen its just 5 mins from my house

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
metallica - burton era (still liked justice though)

slayer - long live dave lombardo (bostaph is freaking awesome though)
we all have our fave slayer stuff, but reign in blood is still regarded by critics worldwide as the most complete and brutal metal album of all time

double bass was originated in jazz back in the 40's and 50's then popularised by 'the cream'(the eric clapton band), 'the who' and 'pink floyd', but true metal constant double kick may have been early venom? i know motley crue used it on their first 2 albums in 81 and 84, dunno, that's a bit of research in itself, it's somewhere around there anyways

my personal tastes.......
i'm old school, from heavy rock to hardcore metal
got sick of hardcore eventually until something really new came out in that vein which was slipknot, very different for anything remotely heavy and by god what a drummer, what an awesome show, one of the best live shows i've seen and i've seen alot

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
fear factory are good. liked slipknots 1st album. early metallica.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Pantera
Hell's Wrath- loud enough to make your ears bleed

-also Davidian by Machinehead
(can you tell work's busy today?)

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
i duno about that

Ozzy never used double kick & he is a metal god

Sabbath *ozzy era* no double kick & they are the best metal band period & any metal band you care to mention would agree with me regardless of what sub genre they belong to the first 4 sabbath albums are the best music ever made!

Maiden never used double bass

i could go on, but i think my point has been made!

that said, i love double bass/kick Slayers original drummer is my favourite of all drummers
As good as he was, Vinnie Paul wipes his Texan ass with all drummers. Shame about Dime, or I'd say the same for guitar

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mortician to scare the little children

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
right now..

50 Lions
Parkway Drive
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
Here I Come Falling
In Fear and Faith

G

Gladiator.

omg i was just cleaning out my room i found my iron maiden ticket, been looking for it everywhere.

i have it now on my mirror, my 1st ever rock concert and it was so ****ing awesome!

on another note, ac/dc are having a world tour this year after their album release....they are raising money to make a statue of bon scott. will definatly attend that

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
omg i was just cleaning out my room i found my iron maiden ticket, been looking for it everywhere.

i have it now on my mirror, my 1st ever rock concert and it was so ****ing awesome!

on another note, ac/dc are having a world tour this year after their album release....they are raising money to make a statue of bon scott. will definatly attend that
Statue for his grave or the show?
I saw them in Canberra last time they toured, and blew me away!