Ben Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me why Steve Folkes is playing Benny at Halfback, I know the club doesn't have a decent one but why would Folkes move one of our best players to a posistion where he has already failed. Folkes should have the guts to use either Williams or Groom and give them a shot. Not ruin Roberts confindence by playing him in a posistion he doesn't like.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did Joey Williams not play at halfback tonight?

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts was MIA tonight.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ben roberts is a terrible half..

all he can do is run the ball from the games i watch him. might be a good centre/winger but we've never seen him play there..

the sooner he gets out of the halves the better!

H

Haztrick

Ben Roberts, before injury was by far the Bulldogs best player.

Currently, he's being switched between half back and five-eighth, isn't getting much ball fed to him and when he does, it's normally in poor field position due to our lack of go forward.

Once SBW, Hickey etc gets back and we can get that go forward happening again he'll be a far better player.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ben roberts is a terrible half..

all he can do is run the ball from the games i watch him. might be a good centre/winger but we've never seen him play there..

the sooner he gets out of the halves the better!
He played center in 06 preliminary finals. He played OK but would rather him as a 5/8.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He plays great at 5/8.

Folkes the reject keeps putting him in half coz DJ had one good game at 5/8 when Robets was out. Even with Joe Williams is there, a half-back, he still puts Roberts at half-back.

Destroying the kids confidence

joejoe

hazem = left right out
Reaction score
at the end of the day people its night time. just think of this year as just a training session for us. folks it testing out new halves combinations and forward roles for next year. he isnt focussed on getting us into the semis just trialling out some new people before he goes and i would hate to be joe williams. just knowing the dogs have bought kimmorley for next year and having so many contenders for five eighth he has no chance loll

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Roberts sucks at half but is a better 5/8 than DJ cause DJ sucks at half?

just wanna keep that item in the forefornt of most ppls minds

1eyedfanatic

OnThePunt
Reaction score
IMO. replace sulli with Roberts as an impact off the bench out of dummy half.
DJ -6.
Groom or Williams -7.

Last edited by a moderator:

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
the whole team did nt play good
best were morrin by far , kouparitues , j willams ,the rest were a
disgrace

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
folkes likes to shift players instead of making real changes.roberts much better at 5/8.groom or williams half.so far folkes has made a lot of player position changes which have not worked out.time to bite the bullet and start blooding new blokes with next year in mind at the very least.

M

mofo sixx

the whole team did nt play good
best were morrin by far , kouparitues , j willams ,the rest were a
disgrace
you can add j williams to the disgrace list too

last night i couldn blv how many kennelers were crapping on about how well we played!, i was like wake up & smell the coffee u dills , no matter who the opponent is & no matter what the ijury toll is, if u get cained 46-0 then ur team didnt play well ,

not only that we never even came remotely close to scoring any points!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Effort was good, execution was crap. That simple.

philartnihil

Waterboy
Reaction score
Williams started playing Halfback about half time ( there was a switch at some stage anyway).. our 9, 7, 6,... had been drowned by the the second half.....

I am not through with the 'idea' of Roberts playing in the 7. He was good last week..

and Holdsworth looked much better at 6 IMO..

i would still pick Roberts at 7, and Holdsworth at 6 ( if fit)

otherwise Williams at 7.. this guy is a halfback, fullstop. he is a confidence player, new to the squad, playing him at 6 is silly.

and Roberts at five eight..

Status
Not open for further replies.