Nanai Replaces Utai

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
wats wrong with holdsworth. its week 2, his been playing solidy with a few errors, nice kicking game and works well with roberts
imo after he gets these errors out of his game he would be alot better.
im not saying he is better than groom but until he has an absolute shocker there not point in dropping him, but then again if u were gunna do it better now than later
Yeah but in todays game, errors cost you a game. I agree, his kicking has improved 10 times over, but he had 5 errors (that i can remember) last weekend, dropped balls and forward passes. As a halfback, you constantly have your hands on the ball, so you have to have reliable hands.

we cant give up every 3rd set of 6 because our halfback cant control a ball. a halfback should hardly have ANY handling errors. im not saying he has to be immaculate every game, yeh one or 2 errors a game, thats expected, but 5??? again, at halfback, thats unforgivable.

Dont forget, halfback is THE most important position on the field.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wats wrong with holdsworth. its week 2, his been playing solidy with a few errors, nice kicking game and works well with roberts
imo after he gets these errors out of his game he would be alot better.
im not saying he is better than groom but until he has an absolute shocker there not point in dropping him, but then again if u were gunna do it better now than later
You certainly can't fault DJ's defence, it's been the best I have seen from him. If he fixes the errors, and with Sulli the creative brain behind the side, then we may be OK

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm pretty happy folkesy is giving Heka another chance, i rate him! Hope he goes well..our backline is really starting to look promising with some tall, skillful players!

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
why is holdsworth still playing? he does mistake after mistake, forward passes, knock on, can't do anything great yet still plays. folkes is aware his job is on the line here right? why did maitua get dropped?

tigers by 10 :(
Roflmao! I love this comment.

Im reading all about Heka Nanai then BOOM! Totally irrevelant to the topic, but so passionate. Also I agree with you.

DoGGiEz_72

Waterboy
Reaction score
About holdsworth
yeh errors can cost you a game but im saying give him a chance to fix that, and how do we noe that groom doesnt make as much errors. i more than happy to give groom a run but i still think holdsworth has something to offer

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About holdsworth
yeh errors can cost you a game but im saying give him a chance to fix that, and how do we noe that groom doesnt make as much errors. i more than happy to give groom a run but i still think holdsworth has something to offer
He did the same thing twice in two weeks, and he did so in all his FG performances since his injury in the 06 semi...

Groom has definitely got more spark and he is an unknown, in regards to his errors, we DON'T know thats why we should throw him in, but tbh we can't have that many changes so im happy with the line-up..

If Holdsworth doesn't perform past Rd4, he definitely needs to go. Holdsworth can offer us something in the no.9 role in place of Hughes, thats about it.

bahbah06

New Pup
Reaction score
good team but..

yeh not a bad side. i dont think wintana is the answer. gd to see nanai get a run and he actually has the height to counter those cross field bombs. But the burning question is how long can we afford to carry both holdsworth and roberts? Roberts seems to be penetrating the line but holdsworth? The word 'speed hump' springs to mind.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
yeh not a bad side. i dont think wintana is the answer. gd to see nanai get a run and he actually has the height to counter those cross field bombs. But the burning question is how long can we afford to carry both holdsworth and roberts? Roberts seems to be penetrating the line but holdsworth? The word 'speed hump' springs to mind.
that was a refference to thurstons deffence, holdsworths defense has been like a brick wall tbh, best part of his game...what r u on about?

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holdsworth goes MIA in attack.

Defence, he is probably the most solid halfback in the comp in terms of defence, only he isn't meant to be as a halfback...

bahbah06

New Pup
Reaction score
brick!! Mate i dont care if he can defend ( which i dont think he can) his main purpose is 'to orchestrate and organise our side in attack'. He cant catch, he cant create a gap. All he does is kick. I dont want a brick or a brick layer.(No offense intended to any brickies) I want an architect to design and implement our attack with some sort of creativity!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Also good to see Koups has been named in the NSW cup side. Hope he gets back next week, might make it harder for Reni to get back in also
I agree id like to see koups have a shot before Reni gets back in FG. It would make it hard for Reni to get back in no doubt, coz the problem with Reni wasnt just his partying, he is also in ordinary form IMO.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
NO one gives Holdsworth the respect he deserves. I do believe he improved in round 2 over round 1. He deserves a couple more games to show us what he can really do. I think he will get alot better in the next few games.

He did alot better against the Rabbitohs than what is mentioned on this forum

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Weidler reported that Sonny Bill may still be in doubt, he was training today but didn't look convincing.

Hopefully he is wrong though, he was right last week though unfortunately.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Flared up again and they may not risk him this week.
He has until Sunday so hopefully he should be fine, i think he is needed out there this week, this game will be ten times harder than the game last week. Even if he plays off the bench for 20 minutes or so for impact its still something, our next 2 games in my opinion are MUST wins can't stand either teams (Tigers & Roosters).

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
pretty good lookin side hopefully we can get the goods this week

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has until Sunday so hopefully he should be fine, i think he is needed out there this week, this game will be ten times harder than the game last week. Even if he plays off the bench for 20 minutes or so for impact its still something, our next 2 games in my opinion are MUST wins can't stand either teams (Tigers & Roosters).
good call. even if he plays off the bench, he will have a good impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.