Dear SBW

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

Why the f**k didn't you get off the field when you were injured. Clearly you were hurt and couldn't play like a normal person... so get the fark off, let someone fresh come on, and see the doctor and hopefully come back good.

For a huge chunk of the game we were playing with 12 men technically. Could hardly hit the ball up, no offloads, couldn't tackle by himself and on top of it all, risked potentially hurting himself even more.

I believe this action above was the turning point in the game.

H

Haztrick

I agree. As much as I love the bloke, he should have sucked it up and went off.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
he was 2 desperate to play, couldnt let his mates down, but buy staying on he did in a way

Dog4Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Disagree,good to know were his heart and passion are...

M

MrCharisma

Disagree,good to know were his heart and passion are...
Inu did the same thing today... injured at the start of the match and he ended up leaving the field with a major injury. Thats the last thing we want from SBW

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree Mr C (that rhymes :grinning:) he was being selfish I believe.

H

Haztrick

Sonny could still have a very serious injury. I remember at the back end of 05 El Masri got injured against the Broncos. He stayed on, kicked a view goals and finished the match. The next day he was told he would be out for 8 weeks.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes he should of, but atleast he showed sum heart
Heart?!? I wouldn't say heart tbh, I would say selfishness, because as MrC explained with him carrying an injury for majority of the 2nd half made him useless and not be able to do anything whereas if he came off fresh legs could have came on.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
Heart?!? I wouldn't say heart tbh, I would say selfishness, because as MrC explained with him carrying an injury for majority of the 2nd half made him useless and not be able to do anything whereas if he came off fresh legs could have came on.
i suppose your right, no point crying over spilled milk, unless the milk is going to be out for a couple of rounds :p

jwhittaker29

Newbie Bulldog member
Reaction score
:o Sorry to ask but I missed the game...so what exactly happened to SBW??? How did he get injured?? :o

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yes he should of, but atleast he showed sum heart
Nobody will ever question SBW's heart, the bloke come back on with a broken arm!!!

The concern I have is SBW not wanting to embarrass himself by having to come off injured again is what kept him on the field. I don't care how mentally strong you are, when you've had as many injuries as SBW has had in such a short period of time it starts playing on your mind.

Now when you come off injured first game back, ppl will start talking and questioning your longevity in the game, something I'm sure SBW wants to avoid.

Sonny should not be afraid of coming off injured to avoid ridicule, something I think happened today.

M

MrCharisma

:o Sorry to ask but I missed the game...so what exactly happened to SBW??? How did he get injured?? :o
He was 3 on 1 tackled from what I remembered, nothing illegal but the way he fell made him a little ginger.

He then played like a ***** because he didn't want to re-injury himself, fair enough... but he continued to play the rest of the game. From what I remember it was around the 60th minute

jwhittaker29

Newbie Bulldog member
Reaction score
He was 3 on 1 tackled from what I remembered, nothing illegal but the way he fell made him a little ginger.

He then played like a ***** because he didn't want to re-injury himself, fair enough... but he continued to play the rest of the game. From what I remember it was around the 60th minute

M

MrCharisma

I think you'll find it happened a lot earlier then that. I could be wrong.
My rough guess is between the 54th and 60th minute. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Either way, it was for an extended period of time...

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Akward tackle, didnt even look like he got injured.

Nice Avatar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.