Steve Folkes on 2UE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Greg Alexander and John Gibbs will be interviewing Steve Folkes in the next hour on 2UE 954.

H

Haztrick

Listening now. Will try and get an as accurate as possible transcript.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
cool so what time exactly is it gonna be on?

H

Haztrick

ATM they are saying that Seu Seu (who just got sacked from Knights) is tipped to sign with the Sharks.

EDIT - On now.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
i cant listen cos the biggest loser is on!

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
lol he doesnt sound 2 confident about roberts and holdsworth!!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
what do you mean?

he just pretty much said Roberts and holdsworth will be the halves pairing this weekend.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
just put it on now.. is tonga the first thing they talkin bout?

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
what do you mean?

he just pretty much said Roberts and holdsworth will be the halves pairing this weekend.
when they asked i he was confident he just seemed to stall. that is all.

calm down.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why take it as an aggresive statement? I just said the way I thuoght Folkes said it. Sheesh.

If you've heard Folkes talk often enough he is usually much more vague than this so to actually say Roberts and Holdsworth would be the halves pairing, all be it with some talk around it, thats alot.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's confident!!!....IM PUMPED...BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
when they asked i he was confident he just seemed to stall. that is all.

calm down.
Agree! He seemed to umm and ahh a bit when asked about those two.

He also said -
Tsoulos was close to our best against the Dragons
Tonga will be close to fit to play this week
Cleal and Danny Williams both plaed really well in the trials

H

Haztrick

Q: How you boys looking? It's a big year (Centenery)?
Folkes: Everyone is really keen. Looking forward to Saturday. Training today was great.

Q: How has training been and the change of style?
Folkes: He thinks they have all grasps the new style introduced and they did it well in the trials.

Q: Are you relaxed about your future?
Folkes: I understand the game, what will be will be. I will go out there and do my best.

Q: We've heard all the press. What's happened with the board and Mason and all that, does it affect the players?
Folkes: Nah. They come in, do the training, do their job and go home. They aren't affected. The move has been disruptive for office staff but the players have not be disrupted at all.

Q: Roberts and DJ in the halves on Saturday?
Folkes: Yes, they will be. Against Dragons they weren't great, but they did well against Penrith. Joey has worked with them well and their going good.

Q: Sullivan going good, especially in the trials. He'll be good for you?
Folkes: Yeah, he'll do good. We need to watch him closely and see what he's doing. Will take time for people to get use to him and his style.

Q: Deal on Willie Tonga?
Folkes: Trying to keep him off the leg as much as possible. Has run the last 3 weeks of training and has done pretty much everything at training. Looking sharp and pretty close to being in the side.

Q: Is the forward rotation going to be difficult without Mason and Shrek?
Folkes: The front row will need to be more mobile with the new interchange rule. Cleal has been great in teh trials, as was Danny Williams. Hickey was in good form in the trials and Tsoulos was close to the best against Dragons. We have a few to choose from and with the new rule we will have to manage it well.

Q: The trials aren't a trial for the new rule, is it? Have you figured out how you will use your interchange?
Folkes: It will be hard at the beginning of the year and will take some getting use to. We have a template to go on but it will be made up on game day depending on how things go.

Announcer: Thanks for your time and good luck on Saturday. Hope you aren't going to sell any Eels players any drinks!
Folkes: If we did we would be putting something more in it (laughs)
Announcer: Good on ya Folkesy, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.