reni matuia in trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I miss work on a Monday I say sorry and all is forgiven... I make the hours up and life goes on. However, if I were to miss the first Monday after a 4 week Chirstmas break then there would be some explainations needed.

Having said that. I would not be punished and think it is a bit silly for everyone to be calling for the sack.

This is not news.
Maybe but if you had done a few silly things while representing the club then your employer would think twice.

What if you didn't bother calling in sick ? That can be taken as a voluntary resignation and I'd be surprised if your employer woudn't give you a verbal warning of sorts.

80fic...

everyone needs to HTFU, Really it is the f*ckin offseason he is recovering from an injury (so he wouldn't in full training anyway). You cant call for Reni to be sacked because he missed a few training sessions, wake up to yourselves. Everyone just judges Reni on some f*ckwwits article in a newspaper FFS.

Steve folkes will talk to him and he will probably be fined. That should be the Start end end of the matter

BTW everyone will have forgotten about it next week and will be talking about how good reni is and why he should still be at the bulldogs.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying he should be sacked but he should be given a final warning. He has had a few indiscretions and the club needs to take a stand against this. If you are happy with the club continuing on the destructive path it has been for a few years than thats fine but I'm not.

Something has gotta change and the Management/Board needs to put their foot down. This kind of **** has been going on for too long and the players know they can get away with it. Otherwise why would they do **** like this ? Yes I know they are human but not all humans are being paid $300K a year are they ?

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would hurt to see reni sacked but seriously enough is enough.

I agree with you Hodgo007 with what you're saying.

The reason why all dogs supporters vent the way they do and also vent im many different ways is because we are passionate. The club and its fans has been through a sh*t load of stuff in its lifetime and for once we have started to stop taking anymore crap. (Bigcok saga)

Yeah its a minor indiscretion however we are sick of any indiscretion all together. Why should we give him a break when he should be wanting to get back to full fitness and ready to go. He isnt due back till the early rounds of the season but missing 1 day of training in the fulltime squad automatically puts him back to square one.

I question his commitment very serioulsy... does anyone else??

80fic...

This thread shows the exact reason why the telegraph runs these stories on the backpage, Because it sells newspapers, If reni played for the Tigers or Nth Qld no-one would give a f*ck if he missed a training session, the club would follow normal procedure and it would be left in the past.

And we should not give a F*ck either, as I said on page 1 of this thread would all the same people calling for reni to be sacked (and there are quite a lot of those comments) Call for SBW to be sacked if he missed a training session. I think that answer would be no

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
shouldnt be sacked but FFS wake up reni

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Only way to punish reni maitua is to make him watch the "2girls1cup" video for 24 hours straight. That should sort him out

80fic...

Exactly, Steve folkes and malcolm Noad will follow normal club procedure, Whatever happens, happens. lets just leave it in the hands of the club. They know the full story and will make the appropriate decision. the DT will just continue to write these stories as long as all of us mugs keep lapping it up.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is all I am saying.

Over reacting is exactly what other people want from us. For sure he has some explaining to do and probably needs a reality check but lets keep things in perspective.... If Willie had not have made such a big ****storm then this wouldn't be important.... If it was Patten it wouldn't make news.

I am not a Reni lover and honestly believe that a team of good people is preferable to a winning team of ******s... but things have to be justifiable.

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we are just all venting as it is the kennel and its a forum and we are passionate supporters.

We arent running to the papers to tell them how we feel. Its not overreacting because its the only way we know how to express ourselves.

Its their choice to view these threads and we cant stop that.

TOOL

Lt. Col. Speirs
Reaction score
Reni's last chance

FoxSports.com December 04, 2007

TROUBLED Bulldogs player Reni Maitua has been ordered to train with the NRL club's premier league squad indefinitely in the aftermath of his weekend drunken bender.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said Maitua was on his last chance with the club after he failed to show up to yesterday's training session.

“After discussions with Reni Maitua, his manager Gavin Orr, (coach) Steve Folkes and myself it has been decided that Reni will be training with the Bulldogs premier league team (part-time squad) indefinitely,” Noad said.

“It will be up to Steve Folkes as to when Reni returns to the fulltime squad.

“In addition, Reni has agreed to enter into a behavioural agreement with the Bulldogs.

“This agreement will contain very strict guidelines and if he doesn't follow those guidelines his playing contract will be terminated. He has entered into that agreement freely.

“Basically, Reni has one last chance with the club.”

Noad also vowed to stand by the 25-year-old utility, who has volunteered to undergo counselling for his alcohol problem.

“We're helping him through that issue. He wants to get some help and we'll be doing that,” Noad said.

Orr said Maitua was very embarrassed for the anguish he had caused his family, the club and its fans.

“He takes full responsibility for his actions over the last few days,” said Orr, who played down talk Maitua was keen to leave the Bulldogs to join South Sydney from 2009.

“It has been speculated that Reni wants to leave the club. That is not the case. Reni is 100 per cent behind the Bulldogs,” he said.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Personally i think, no matter what happened it was a bit stupid of him considering the press always jump on things like this.

I agree though thats it would hurt dogs to sack him since another club can pick him up cheap and your less 1 quality player, bu if he messes up again he would be showing complete disrespect for the club ad they really would have no other option.

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you reckon his BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA boy mates will help him through this???

Status
Not open for further replies.