Zyon Maiu'u

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, this is not Bulldogs related, just an observation about future NRL talent.
Gus needs to head to NZ and bring back some of the young forwards coming through. This kid looks like the next Taumalolo.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sorry guys, this is not Bulldogs related, just an observation about future NRL talent.
Gus needs to head to NZ and bring back some of the young forwards coming through. This kid looks like the next Taumalolo.

No. Gus needs to go to NZ to get some sheep so when the Kiwi boys come over they will feel at home. First things first.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signed to Warriors on a Development contract till end of 2024.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thsis guy tore our NSW cup side a few months back, and he reminded me of Olakau'atu.

I was suggesting him since and was very disspointed that he was signed to the Warriors till the end of 2025.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant believe this boy hasn’t been caught in one of Gusses talent nets he claims to have in every pocket of the planet

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Bulldog officials already go to NZ to poach kids, bulldogs got million feeder clubs

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any here now to look out for?
From memory a few were flown out to play in jun rep trials - didnt quite measure up at the time so didnt stay or it was just part of the process of giving the game time see how they were progressing.

I believe Gus has stated that it is preferred let the younger guys finish school living at home - the change in sgball to u 19s n flegg to u 21 was a good thing imho.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy was impressive during the NRL trials, a talent

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors have so much talent, it's amazing that they haven't won a comp yet.

Time for a 2nd NZ team.
Nasheed here,
They have lots of Islander talent but very little spine talent.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke is just big and strong he will be found out in the nrl. He does that stupid goose step without any thought that players like Alamoti do. The good players time that kind of stuff perfect.
He just looks good because he’s a big unit against kids. Most of whom will never see grade.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Warriors have so much talent, it's amazing that they haven't won a comp yet.

Time for a 2nd NZ team.
Yes lots of powerful individually talented players @ Warriors. However very few are capable of leading a team around the paddock. Their individual athleticism & line breaking ability, often wanes once they hit 25-26yo in NRL standard games. One of the key reasons the Warriors lifted from 15th to 4th this year, is Shaun Johnson is in the team, playing a pivotal role to steer & lead the team. Most of these big units have a limited repertoire of skills & often have little success in NRL without a ball playing leader beside them. Tony T Rex Williams was a good example.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks good. Big guy, barrel chested so can be hard to wrap up in tackles, good footwork and enough pace to be dangerous with the ball. But big guys steamroll players in the lower levels. Will see if he keeps up the dominance when facing guys his own size. And given this is a highlight reel it still leaves out his poor moments. It's why I never raise expectations based on highlight reels. But yeah looks impressive in the reel.

But I agree that we need to source youngsters from NZ as well. I'd like to know we're leaving no stone unturned to unearth talent.