Your Bulldogs NRL AKL Nines side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With the announcement of teams within 2 weeks away, what would be your list of players to send to the NRL AKL Nines?

Must:
1. Include 12 of the top 25 (see here: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/team/player-profiles.html )
2. Include 1 Marquee player which can also be from top 25.
3. Include 18-20 players (12 from top 25, and the other 6-8 players can be from any grade.

1. Brett Morris (Marquee / T25)
2. Greg Eastwood (T25)
3. David Klemmer (T25)
4. Richard Kennar (T25)
5. Brenko Lee (T25)
6. Moses Mbye (T25)
7. Josh Reynolds (T25)8. Asipeli Fine (T25)
9. Michael Lichaa (T25)
10. Craig Garvey (T25)
11. Rhsye Martin (T25)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (T25)
13. Tom Carr
14. Reimis Smith (if fit else Josh Bergamin)
15. Marcelo Montoya
16. Josh Cleeland
17. Zac Woolford (T25)
18. Lachlan Lewis
19. Adam Elliott (T25)
20. Adam Keighran

Will give halves a chance to try some new things.
Will give younger guys a chance to shine.
Will give BMoz a fitness test.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
And FAT chance seeing Beast in the 9's.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't see Bmoz being risked, I'd have Abbey in his place with Tyrone Phillips in there somewhere as well. It'd be good to see Tualau and D'Rhys Miller get a run also.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well I initially thought that... but if he's going to break at the Nines, he'll be broken either in the trials, or in Weeks 1-3 of the competition.

Hoppa won't play Sundays so he is out.

Also thought it's give BMoz a chance to get back into form, given he's been in and out the past year.

Shit I forgot about Chase Stanley and Tyrone Phillips (doesn't everyone!).

and Abbey... and Miller.

And FAT chance seeing Beast in the 9's.
2016 he captained our Nines Squad ;)

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only reason i watch the 9s is to see who gets injured

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just send the whole first grade team and we won't win. Trust me lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read Kennar is injured and won't start the season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its funny des thinks he's so cool not taking the 9s seriously but some of the clubs that do actually go pretty well during the season ,I get it not risking Bmoz but wake the fuck up des your cloak and dagger bullshit has run its course .lets just worry about our team playing a good style and playing well.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Its funny des thinks he's so cool not taking the 9s seriously but some of the clubs that do actually go pretty well during the season ,I get it not risking Bmoz but wake the fuck up des your cloak and dagger bullshit has run its course .lets just worry about our team playing a good style and playing well.
I find Des' arrogance over the nines embarrasing. I bet there are other coaches who don't like it but they don't throw a hissy fit over it like Des. Every club is obliged to field a team. I don't see why we can't give it a shot. Yes there are injuries and I would be upset if it were one of our players but some players get season ending injuries during pre season training or the All Stars game or the World club challenge or the pre season friendlies.

We are the Bulldogs. We are a fine club and we should be able to field a serious and competitive team no matter what competition we play in.

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe Des hates the nines so much because it just shows that we have nothing in attack. We should be sending this fit Kas over to reak some havoc.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do people really care about the nines? I went to the first one and the fans dont give a fuck either, its just a place to get pissed at.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved the rugby league world 7's tournament growing up as a kid and I looked forward to the nines with great excitement ....then Des started sending over his forward pack every year, even named Eastwood as captain. ....... That sucked the excitement dry. Yawn.

Reactions: GDR

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will be flying over there as per usual and get embarrassed as per usual with the squad we send over.
This is Des chance to actually let Mybe and Reynolds loose and try new combinations. Let them run riot and gain some confidence in themselves and show what they can do.
Look at sharks and cowboys, they fielded great squads and unearthed some great juniors too and they have all won premierships recently. So many teams unearthed some future players at the 9s. All we do is waste our fuckin time and embarass the jersey.

I would send

MBYE
Reynolds
Kas
Bmoz
Rfm
Klemmer

Then fill rest with Juniors who actually have some attacking skills and/or speed and see what we can unearth.

And those who talk about injuries... dont give me that bullshit excyse. you can't wrap up players in cotton wool. They can be injured at training as well

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon send mybe, RFM, Reynolds, klemmer, Cleveland, Woodford, brad abbey, Marcelo Montoya, aspeli fine, Francis fualou and another prop and kasiano. And a bunch of other juniors who have go attacking skills and pure speed to beat a defender. I would like the spine to look a little bit like this:

1. Brad abbey
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Mybe
9. Woodford
Cleveland utility

Let's actually try and win this. But the notorious des will send a bunch of plodders.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tyrone Phillips was our best at nines so have him in personally I have him in first grade. try marcelo and brad abbey also try Lincoln Lewis and try maybe some forwards who can fill the bench for our 2017 season cause Tim brown trex have gone

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I loved the rugby league world 7's tournament growing up as a kid and I looked forward to the nines with great excitement ....then Des started sending over his forward pack every year, even named Eastwood as captain. ....... That sucked the excitement dry. Yawn.

Exactly how I felt.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it was sevens it was a little more exciting than what we get with the nines. The nines is pretty much like a normal NRL game except shorter, hit up hit up run about then kick. When it was seven aside teams threw it around more than what they do it the nines, and who can forget Offiah carving up.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like to see Abbey get another Run. Phillips aswell.
Abbey
Phillips
Kas
Mbye
Reynolds
Lichaa (Let him Run)
Jackson
RFM
Kennar - If he was fit?
Lee
Eastwood
Fine