Why shedding rookie fullback Brad Abbey has ended Canterbury’s salary cap woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think eastwood will go. Article says we are cap compliant so he will be included in the team
I'd still inload him to lure Cronk

Please do t go to the rioters- I'd rather see Cronk retire.

Get rid of fat Eastwood to make a play for Cronk I say.

Piss off holland too.

But can we actually get a goal kicker ffs!!!!

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that the dust has settled- I am happy with the departures of players

Graham hurt a little and Reynolds but I this it will work out.
Kasiano- was never a big fan the 20 min fat fuck.

Now if only Eastwood and poss Bmoz can go to get Cronk

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Now that the dust has settled- I am happy with the departures of players

Graham hurt a little and Reynolds but I this it will work out.
Kasiano- was never a big fan the 20 min fat fuck.

Now if only Eastwood and poss Bmoz can go to get Cronk

Kasiano is going to absolutely kill it at Melbourne!!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AND she didn't know what was happening until she spoke to some league writers. It just fell into her lap & was awarded for it.

At the time I spoke to a couple of player mangers who said that the Roosters would be more over the cap than the Dogs because they had to pay overs to get players in but paid players under the table to get them there.

If you go back in time and assess each team's lists we would have been about 8-10th in best lists. It was all a big joke that we were the only ones that got caught. You might have noticed that some of the bigger clubs lost a few players after that because they got scared.
I remember thinking to myself the NRL better hand out the same justice that year for anyone else over but sure enough nothing happened and Gallop wasn't interested in finding any more teams over the cap.

Reactions: DT

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So how do we spend the 3 million we're gonna have at the end of next season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember thinking to myself the NRL better hand out the same justice that year for anyone else over but sure enough nothing happened and Gallop wasn't interested in finding any more teams over the cap.
And for certain the last thing he would want to do was to upset his father if he did something with the Roosters. I wouldn't have wanted to cross Justice Gallop. I was in his court room once (on jury duty only) & he was an intimidating man I can assure you.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought nrl would register back ended contracts anymore
I think there is a difference in their mind between the obviously backended deals like Gasnier had where he got $50k for year one and was due to get $500k for year 2 onwards and a player having a contract with built in escalation according to the cap rising. we had a few on the latter, it's just that the time for the escalation to kick in happened at the one time rather than being spread out over a few years like the other clubs probably have done. Bad planning on our part but probably linked to the age of the players and timing on their upgrades.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For 5 mins a game. Then its back to standing there with his hands on his hips and shirt grabbing.
Would you like a friendly bet on it??

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just like George Rose did? :grinning:
Lol at George Rose.... had a big following

Kas shits all over Rose, at storm he wont have to come on and try make the miracle play and end up making mistakes trying his ass off. He will wait to pop that magic pass. And instead of the plodder Hoppa who had no fucking idea to trail him, He will have Slater, Munster, Ado carr running off him.. His game will go back to 2012 beast mode.

At Melbourne he will be more match fit as well and be used better than Hasler ever did

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember Phil Gould said at the time it was bad management as you could easily fit our 2002 team within the cap.

Btw the only reason we got in trouble was that dodgy fat developer/builder guy Achillies Constantinidis leaked our Stardome payments and other info to Kate McClymont (who got a f***ing journalism award for it).
I actually dont think the nrl ever want clubs to get done for it,only when the media pursue it - manlys paper bag investigation this year -no more,andrew gee broncos sorry we cant find him- roosters year after year

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at George Rose.... had a big following

Kas shits all over Rose, at storm he wont have to come on and try make the miracle play and end up making mistakes trying his ass off. He will wait to pop that magic pass. And instead of the plodder Hoppa who had no fucking idea to trail him, He will have Slater, Munster, Ado carr running off him.. His game will go back to 2012 beast mode.

At Melbourne he will be more match fit as well and be used better than Hasler ever did
It's not going to happen. I saw kas a belmore the last time they played there. He's as fit as a malley bull. It's not about how many miles he puts into his legs, it's the fact that he is on the darts and is lazy. No amount of Port Phillip sand hills is going to change that. Hoppa didn't trail him because he was told not to offload because he kept buggering it up. It's all good and well for them to trail him but when he throws it at their feet we'll see how good they are....If it was only about how he played with us I could maybe see your point but he did the same rubbish in the national teams he played in. It's just the way he plays. He still thinks he is in the 20s.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's not going to happen. I saw kas a belmore the last time they played there. He's as fit as a malley bull. It's not about how many miles he puts into his legs, it's the fact that he is on the darts and is lazy. No amount of Port Phillip sand hills is going to change that. Hoppa didn't trail him because he was told not to offload because he kept buggering it up. It's all good and well for them to trail him but when he throws it at their feet we'll see how good they are....If it was only about how he played with us I could maybe see your point but he did the same rubbish in the national teams he played in. It's just the way he plays. He still thinks he is in the 20s.

Off course Hasler told him not to offload, and that's why the fucking shit coach never won a premiership with us and is now out of a job. If Hasler played to our teams strength then blokes like Kas would have seen more minutes, hoppa would have been trailing him and we would have had a more potent attack. Even RFM would only get 5mins on the field at times and his offloads came off shit and that's because of frustration.
And Kas didnt wsnt to play under Hasler, he fucking loves the club and couldnt wait to get out of there. Bellamy will get the best out of him.

As for national team, thats how all the Fobs play, gimme a samoa v tonga match anyday over the boring as fuck structured footy Aussies play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Feastwood still at the club? Ffs

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think eastwood will go. Article says we are cap compliant so he will be included in the team
That's cause no club wants him.
He's a fat shitcunt, and will be the highest payed ISP player, next season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kasiano is going to absolutely kill it at Melbourne!!!
Kasiano will have a heart attack in the pre-season.
Melbourne aren't as good as they are because of their cushy training sessions.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I would. And if dib knew how to help the club, he'd become the shadow man. He's rich enough and that's where we need help cause his management skills are terrible.
Isn't Politis both President and a shadow man.

Status
Not open for further replies.