Why did the players lift for the Manly game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see how Des had much to do with it actually because he changes nothing EVER. Was it because they are being shopped around ? Most can stay where they are though if they want and still get decent money. Maybe some like the Morris boys wants longer contracts. I know why Lichaa played better. As he said after the game, he has "nothing to lose". He was very emotional. He's after a decent contract "anywhere" after playing Desball for 3 years and looking well below average. How much better would he have performed - how much better would ALL our players have performed under ANY other coach ? If only they were allowed to play their natural games and do the things that got them noticed and selected for first grade NRL in the first place.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
des is a good coach but its over at the bulldogs, when players believe in him then you can see how we made 2 gf's

the problem is the speculation and instability surrounding him just naturally makes players not play hard enough, because 1. des is going to be blamed for the performance, 2. because they arent confident

its the same anywhere you go, when the media started going after wayne bennett in newcastle they also turned to crap

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly played their worst game of the year by far and made us look like world beaters

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst it hasn't been announced yet, I think there's clear knowledge within the playing group of who is leaving next year. Players finally know where they stand and they've been able to focus on football

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs players found out Des was leaving, Manly players found out Des was joining! Pretty much solves the mystery! Case closed!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice Avatar. Keep thinking I've got a hair on my phone and keep swiping at it.
Are you sure? you had better check coz if you coughed it up while talking on your phone, its wet and sticks to phone like shit to a blanket!! better keep rubbing 8-)

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Are you sure? you had better check coz if you coughed it up while talking on your phone, its wet and sticks to phone like shit to a blanket!! better keep rubbing 8-)
Ahh. What hair? lol

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly were pretty flat and out powder puff pack was able to make metres and play at speed. The biggest issue we have had in the past 3 years is our pack, Imo. They are a stats based pack and provide no momentum for the halves, and IMO is the easiest pack to tackle and slow down. Resulting in our hooker, halves and backs being on the back foot...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't say we lifted TBH

Did you see Jacksons' defending for their second try?

Nuff said

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Playing in front of their new coach for 2018?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably improved due to actually being a good side from a successful club that doesn't stay down for long.
There's a saying that says 'you can't rest on your laurels' and I think that's what they tried to do.
Its still Belmore and footy is meant to be fun, some people try to take the fun out of things.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we lifted because it was the last home game for Kas and Reynolds and because it was manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.