Which Players will be reinvigorated after Hasbeens departure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Long long time ago mate don't really remember. Did watch him but don't remember him much

Do remember he was a hard runner though

before des , tolman used to run straight and hard.

that is why we picked him up form storm.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the Morris boys stay, watch them turn back the clock if we play a deeper attacking style with early ball

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think all the boys will be excited to have Foran (as long as his injuries are fixed up). These boys have been playing without a half for 6 years.
I think a few training sessions with a player with some direction and genuine skills as a half and all the boys will be getting amped with the possibilities.
Let's face it, defence may win games but all players love scoring exciting tries, Foran could add just as much positive change as the new coach.
(Disclaimer: could. Pending body and mind injuries)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's the biggest thing, it could take a while to break these habits.
I reckon the players will be bursting at the seems to play footy again. Other than the robots I reckon the playing group would be stoked that Desball is gone.

Malla

Reaction score
RFM and David Fualolo should get more of a run too. Also, Tolman might have to get used to the bench spot or become a lock who does nothing but tackle and take the shit hit ups.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After reading some of the quotes from Pay I'm even content to give Eastwood a crack at showing improvement under him. I feel des set him up to fail by playing him wide against faster more skilful players. Chuck him in the middle and let him hit people.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
After reading some of the quotes from Pay I'm even content to give Eastwood a crack at showing improvement under him. I feel des set him up to fail by playing him wide against faster more skilful players. Chuck him in the middle and let him hit people.
Eastwood was at his best making impact and offloading. Brutal pre-season and 10kgs less and who knows? We have him so may aswell smash him and get some value hey

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think the issue with eastwood and tolman is that we have lots of young forwards waiting to fire namely;
RFM
Fualalo
Tualau
Elliott
Martin
To'omaga

add Klemmer, Woods and Jackson and we are just about full, especially if Lichaa is retained, Mbye goes to fullback and Cleelajd at five-eighth because I believe Brown would play the role of utility on the bench.
Jackson should go to lock with RFM and Martin at second row but if Jackson was kept at second row, then Tolman to lock I guess. But if we had Jackson at lock then Fualalo, Tualau, Elliott and Brown on the bench which leaves Tolman and Eastwood out. Pay would want to see a hard-hitting guy like Tualau but maybe he would want to pick experience over talent and pick Tolman/Eastwood over Tualau/Elliott.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran is a worry with injuries and struggles when pushed hard to train

We will know pretty early on who makes it and who moves on .
Next season will be all about finding the deadwood and moving them out.

Eastwood, hoppa, woods will struggle
This is going to a brutal pre season to improve our fitness
Reckon you will see Elliott improve out of sight

It will be up to guys like Moses, Montoya, klemmer etc to decide to knuckle down and do it or to sook it's too hard

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can we retain Lichaa if we need to shed more players to get under the cap? His running game is good but he still can't pass so he's a 'no' for me. I can't see much improvement in Mbye but I'd start him at hooker and try to get some value out of him. Jackson will improve even more, as will Fualalo and RFM.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
How can we retain Lichaa if we need to shed more players to get under the cap? His running game is good but he still can't pass so he's a 'no' for me. I can't see much improvement in Mbye but I'd start him at hooker and try to get some value out of him. Jackson will improve even more, as will Fualalo and RFM.
Shedding players to get under the cap is code for; you are free to look around we are looking to go in a new direction.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tend to agree about Lichaa. Having a running game is a good thing, but his primary function should be getting the forwards running at pace and I'm yet to be convinced that he's able to time or plan his ball distribution well enough to do that. I also think he's generally got no idea where the halves are most of the time and just passes to whoever is running off his shoulder from tackle 1-5. I basically think that his inability to time a pass caused our forwards to play flat footed while they waited for him to get a pass away which in turn got them smashed by the defense. As a result of that they began running sideways. It's not even assured we'll re-sign Lichaa. If we do I hope he improves his ball distribution. I don't care all that much if he's not re-signed and Woolford, Brown or Mbye are used at 9. He only decided to play football when he was desperate to get a new contract which in my books was disappointing. You can't blame Hasler entirely for that. Some will but he never really had a dig until too late.

I want to see support runners again too. That was sadly missing this year. One of the things I loved about Eastwood in his best games for us was when he'd get a late ball from another forward and bust through the line. You knew he wasn't going to score long range tries, but he did a great job at causing defensive lines to rush back which led to some great attacking opportunities on the next play. I miss that. Hopoate needs to stand up there if he's still at 1. A good fullback needs to be there when offloads happen and while defensively and on kick returns he did ok, it will add spark if he or whoever our next fullback is goes hunting for the offloads. Our backline didn't really add support play either. They tended to just wait for the ball to come to them which they can't afford to do next year.

Plenty of areas to improve and a lot of players that can get better if we change a few things. Hopefully a fresh perspective from Pay brings enthusiasm to our attack. Defensively I think we we've been good for a while. At the end of the day I hope that if anyone is in a form slump that we'll give some youngsters a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.