we have no X-factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have no X-factor in our side (especially with Kas out)..... I was watching the games tonight and all teams seem to have a few X factor players who can produce that something or create opportunity

Sharks
Barba, Bird, Holmes and fat fafita
Roosters
Pearce, Mitchell and Napa who can put on a good hit

Titans
Hayne, Hurrell & Taylor
Penrith
Moylan, Mansour, Cleary, Cartwright,

Manly
T. Trbojevic, J. Trbojevic, Cherry-Evans
Raiders
Rapana, Leilua,

who do we have that can produce something?? Des got rid of
Barba who carried us to the 2012 GF
Pritchard used to be able to create something on the edge and he was moved on with a year remaining on his contract.
Rona can pull something out of his arse and get the ball in the corner where most wouldn't...but he too has been released with a year remaining on his contract.
Finucane was raw and had the odd error but he could wack in defence and produce errors....he was also moved on with a year or more on his contract
Ennis while not what you'd class as an X-factor could really get under the skin of the opposition and put them off their game and he was moved on
Cook was either loved or hated on here but you couldn't deny he provided some real zip from the ruck which we really lack and he did create stuff for us....he was moved on

we have no one to strike fear in to the opposition teams at all.....Kas is on the list but is out suspended so without him we definitely have no x factor

Hoppa:
started off better than most expected which I think made people think he was playing better than he really was, has shown himself to be slower than service at a McDonalds drive through and poor in defence.

B. Morris: has come back from serious knee surgery after an extended lay off, looks to have lost speed and is at the tail end of his career, has still shown while he is slower he can still get across the line when close...but I don't think long range tries are in him any longer

J. Morris: Defence seems to have dropped, definitely a hell of a lot slower these days, like his twin is no spring chicken and seems to have developed feet for hands

Rona: our closest thing to an x factor with some freaky try scoring ability, but is leaving in 2 games time, quieter than previous years but is not on his best side and also been moved to Centre....seems to get less quality ball now Hodko's gone

Holland: has a cool nickname (Dutchy) and that's about where it ends

Reynolds: one crazy mother fucker the voices in his head have voices in there head who also have voices in their heads! his wheels are spinning all game and he's like a ball in a pin ball machine...sometimes he pulls something off other times he mentally explodes

Mbye: the invisible millionaire or white collar half back..... doesn't like to get his hands dirty and retreats to his limo when the hard stuff needs to be done.....have never seen more of a fair weather footballer in my life and cant see where the hype has come from for this kid

Graham: once a symbol of pride and passion for the club now more like a dog beaten in to submission...no bark or bite left in this old dog...just a shadow of himself

Lichaa: Came with huge wraps but beside big tackle counts hasn't done much...is that Dessies doing who knows? doesn't do a lot to stand out and looks pretty average

Tolman: when he came to the dogs from the Storm he had averaged less than 1 offload per season...now he has more balls flying around than a lotto machine, used to be one of my favourites but has been transformed in to a speed hump stopping our back getting the ball.....apparently has developed an affliction where when he now hears 4 he runs forwards 2 meters and dives on the ground

Jackson: seems to be one of our few forwards who can hit with any force in attack or run the ball with any purpose

Eastwood: would you believe he used to be a centre! can be lazy definitely needs to shed at least 1 josh Reynolds in weight if he actually got fit he could return to being a top class player

Klemmer: needs to boot Tolman off the field and play up front, needs to be slapped around the face with a raw steak coved in deep heat before every game and told to run straight....seems to have been forced in to a graham/tolman passing machine this year and that's not his go!

Browne: seems to have lost too much weight, provides nothing (except penalties for the opposition) played lower grades for manly which is probably why he keeps getting picked?

Kas: our only possible x factor! he's not going to score a run away try but at least he runs straight hard and has an offload through the line which creates something, shows a bit of aggression as well which I like in a forward only thing that can slow him down is a salad

Williams: every dropped your wallet on a windy day and stood there helplessly as the cash blows away? if so you know how the bulldogs board feels, leaving the dogs next year to be an anchor for dessie's private yacht

RFM: Has an offload, just needs to know when to use it....could be a much better player under a different coach

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well he's out suspended lol...without him we have zero x factor

truthfully....its fucken late and I accidently included him in the side........I've been up all night worry about those poor African refugees

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have x factor players but they've all been subdued to the point that they all look like they don't want to be there.
They're not playing with joy... Something is happening in our club that the players aren't talking about but it is reflected on the field.
You cannot perform at your peak when things are bothering you and right now I feel there is something that is bothering a few players in our team... They look lost and simply aren't gelling in attack...
IMO the coach has lost the dressing room and can no longer get the best out of them. He is forcing them to play unnatural way. And if you've ever tried swimming against the currant you know it gets you nowhere. He needs to go back to the drawing board and have the players play they're natural game.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree we don't have an X factor but some of the players you mentioned for other teams are not X factors. Example mansour Brett morris can do more then him..

X factors in my eyes are players like
Mitchell for roosters
Rts Warriors
Hayne Titans
Radrada,Norman eels
That turbo guy manly

I stood on the hill and watched my team with my hands on my face knowing not one player could create something in our team our only hope was for b morris to intercept it.

Josh morris will kill his brothers career he is that shit as a centre in my eyes he does not threaten the line at all...

Omg and for hasler to pick holland in the side again after the night agaist the Broncos shows me our depth is so pathetic.. Holland is just not upto standard he was lost all game

I think our best option might be
1 Brett morris
4. Hoppa
5. Phillips

Or rona at centre inside Brett Morris to atleast make one edge bloody dangerous

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree we don't have an X factor but some of the players you mentioned for other teams are not X factors. Example mansour Brett morris can do more then him..

Mitchell for roosters
Rts Warriors
Hayne Titans
Radrada,Norman eels
That turbo guy manly

I stood on the hill and watched my team with my hands on my face knowing not one player could create something in our team our only hope was for b morris to intercept it.

Josh morris will kill his brothers career he is that shit as a centre in my eyes he does not threaten the line at all...

Omg and for hasler to pick holland in the side again after the night agaist the Broncos shows me our depth is so pathetic.. Holland is just not upto standard he was lost all game

1 Brett morris
4. Hoppa
5. Phillips

I'v been thinking the same. B Morris at fullback gives him a roving commission, and he has the speed to come in and cut sides up. Hoppa may be better suited to centre where his strength could be useful breaking tackles. I'd be happy to see Holland on the wing so we have a backup kicker.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'v been thinking the same. B Morris at fullback gives him a roving commission, and he has the speed to come in and cut sides up. Hoppa may be better suited to centre where his strength could be useful breaking tackles. I'd be happy to see Holland on the wing so we have a backup kicker.
Guys-
We r rubbish! Our season is over!
They could not switch it on all year and dont expect it to turn it on in the semis.
Premiers are are premiers for being consistant!

We have been in- consistant,

No bite

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys-
We r rubbish! Our season is over!
They could not switch it on all year and dont expect it to turn it on in the semis.
Premiers are are premiers for being consistant!

We have been in- consistant,

No bite
I agree. I was just wondering what a simple change might achieve. I was also musing on the fact that we have plenty of ex-factors.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mitchell for roosters
Rts Warriors
Hayne Titans
Radrada,Norman eels
That turbo guy manly

1 Brett morris
4. Hoppa
5. Phillips

I agree with Bmoz to fullback, Hoppa to centre and Phillips to wing. I don't rate Phillips that highly but Holland has proven time and again that he is not an NRL standard centre or player. Who plays wing in NSW cup?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brett Morris at fb. Fucking lol. Struggles to execute a simple draw and pass ffs. Not to mention he physically can't handle fb. How many more times do you want him to get injured until you guys can accept that?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Morris at fb. Fucking lol. Struggles to execute a simple draw and pass ffs. Not to mention he physically can't handle fb. How many more times do you want him to get injured until you guys can accept that?
He doesn't need to pass, he needs use his pace. He can turn half chances into something, back up RFM and Kas. I don't think he got injured because he was at fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He doesn't need to pass, he needs use his pace. He can turn half chances into something, back up RFM and Kas. I don't think he got injured because he was at fullback.
A fb doesn't need to pass? A fb sure as shit needs to pass. Unless you want to be like the dragons and have a dugan like player that bombs a shitload of chances becausr he can't pass a footy.

And Yes without a doubt Morris' injuries are related to his move to fb. He simply can't handle the fb role, it is fact and not opinion.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A FB needs to pass and have pace to skip on the outside to set up the winger. Our current FB has a pass but no pace, I value pace more than the pass in our structure. He only has to handle it for five games and btw, he will have to play it when we play on Sunday or do we debut abbey in the semis lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A FB needs to pass and have pace to skip on the outside to set up the winger. Our current FB has a pass but no pace, I value pace more than the pass in our structure. He only has to handle it for five games and btw, he will have to play it when we play on Sunday or do we debut abbey in the semis lol
The best fullbacks have a combination of both. But atm id rather have a fb that can pass and doesn't break down playing fb. I don't know what the fuck happens on Sunday, I would of bought a real fb way before we ever had to play Brett or Hoppa there. Hoppa is still a better fb than Brett imo, and his lack of pace is the only thing holding him back from being a topline fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.