UEFA Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
0-0 HT Real Madrid vs Bayern (2-1)

Madrid have been in control the first half with Bayern looking poor. Casemiro is a absolute beast and been the best player so far. Isco needs to be on the ball more. Ronaldo and Benzema have to stay patient. Alaba needs to start improving his crossing. Hummels and Boateng both look slower. Thiago is being shut down and having no room.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow what a game of 2 halves, Bayern win the 90 mins 2-1 and now time for extra time.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ronaldo with another goal, scored all of Real Madrid's goals in the quarter finals and his 99th in UCL.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Atletico also go through 2-1 on aggregate.

Don't be surprised if we see another all Madrid final.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Huge controversy in that RM v BM game.

Calls for video technology are going to grow as a result of it.

Huge talking points:

• Non-sending off for a foul that warranted a second yellow to Casemiro
  • Lewi called offside when he was 1 on 1 - incorrect call - was played on by Marcello
  • Ronaldo's second and third goal goals were offside (although the 3rd was by the barest, if any, of margins)
  • Vidals tackle was the equivalent of copy book tackle, yet gets a second yellow card
I was going for Madrid (CR7 fan) - but I think there was a huge injustice against the German club.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Huge controversy in that RM v BM game.

Calls for video technology are going to grow as a result of it.

Huge talking points:

• Non-sending off for a foul that warranted a second yellow to Casemiro
  • Lewi called offside when he was 1 on 1 - incorrect call - was played on by Marcello
  • Ronaldo's second and third goal goals were offside (although the 3rd was by the barest, if any, of margins)
  • Vidals tackle was the equivalent of copy book tackle, yet gets a second yellow card
I was going for Madrid (CR7 fan) - but I think there was a huge injustice against the German club.
Yeah there were some bad calls but I've got hardly any sympathy for Bayern. All refs have some sort of bias towards players especially the ones like. Vidal that are always in the face of the ref and plays like a pest (similar to Reynolds) and that in turn means he won't get a lot of calls if the ref is unsure. Bayern had a lot of chances and couldn't convert, they pissed a pen in the first leg and also Martinez being stupid and getting sent off didn't help as well.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also Bayern fans are scum. Kroos bought his little child onto the field after the game and a lot of Bayern fans were swearing at him and giving the boy the finger. His a little kid...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
CL always has bad calls. Always.

I remember in one a few years ago that resulted in Arsenal going up 1-0 against Barca, the striker from the gunners went to kick the ball (in the box) but swung his foot so far back it got caught in between Puyols legs, he fell and got a penalty.

Worst call ever.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't say I have got sympathy.. I remember a few years ago when Nani got sent off against RM in what was to be SAF's last game.. I was livid.

Can imagine how BM fans are feeling.. but I do not really care tbh.

On that note.. how flipping good is Robben? Blokes 58 and he still manages to make the game look so easy.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I won't say I have got sympathy.. I remember a few years ago when Nani got sent off against RM in what was to be SAF's last game.. I was livid.

Can imagine how BM fans are feeling.. but I do not really care tbh.

On that note.. how flipping good is Robben? Blokes 58 and he still manages to make the game look so easy.
If Robben had a right foot he would've won a ballon dor

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with champions league. There's a lot of bullshit calls.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with champions league. There's a lot of bullshit calls.
We will never live to see the day a comp doesn't have bad calls. Name a sport and you'll find a game with a lot of bad calls. I've seen soccer matches with worse calls just this season let alone how some people have over reacted and said it's one of the worst games ever.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah there were some bad calls but I've got hardly any sympathy for Bayern. All refs have some sort of bias towards players especially the ones like. Vidal that are always in the face of the ref and plays like a pest (similar to Reynolds) and that in turn means he won't get a lot of calls if the ref is unsure. Bayern had a lot of chances and couldn't convert, they pissed a pen in the first leg and also Martinez being stupid and getting sent off didn't help as well.
A-league trialed the VAR (world first) a few weeks back, albeit fairly successfully.

Wonder when they will start to introduce it.. If Sepp was still in charge... i would say sometime in 2094

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will never live to see the day a comp doesn't have bad calls. Name a sport and you'll find a game with a lot of bad calls. I've seen soccer matches with worse calls just this season let alone how some people have over reacted and said it's one of the worst games ever.
Did you see that penalty the other night in the Celtics game? One of the biggest bullshit calls Iv ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.