UEFA Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let me summarise for you...

PSG beat Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg.

Return leg today...

Barcelona lead 3-0, then PSG score a goal, an away goal, and lead 5-3 on aggregate.

3 mins to go....

BARCA SCORE 3 FUCKING GOALS AND WIN.

WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK.JUST.FUCKING.HAPPENED???

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me summarise for you...

PSG beat Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg.

Return leg today...

Barcelona lead 3-0, then PSG score a goal, an away goal, and lead 5-3 on aggregate.

3 mins to go....

BARCA SCORE 3 FUCKING GOALS AND WIN.

WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FUCK.JUST.FUCKING.HAPPENED???
Neymar Jr is clutch

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why? Because he gave them a faint hope of winning when all hope seemed gone?

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scores a screamer and a one of the best assists I've seen in a while ... not enough when you are 3 goals down with 2 mins to go in regular time?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Scores a screamer and a one of the best assists I've seen in a while ... not enough when you are 3 goals down with 2 mins to go in regular time?
I got no idea what you mean.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PSG played there cards wrong, there team was set up to so wrong, and there tempo was all off, infact if they committed more men forward they would've taken this tie easily, Barca were playing with effectively 3 and some times only 2 defenders and PSG didn't exploit that

Wahesh

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. What we can agree though even considering that, Barca were by far the better team today. By far.

My opinion is that the away goal rule is shit, and needs to go.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. What we can agree though even considering that, Barca were by far the better team today. By far.

My opinion is that the away goal rule is shit, and needs to go.
Agree with you there, an away team can arse a goal and get them through if they win at home by 1 goal without conceding ... complete bullocks

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
You can't touch the defender. Simple.

Cavani missed a one on one sitter vs the goalkeeper to make it 3-2
I think the own goal was the turning point even though Barca were already 1-0 up prior to it happening.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
PSG played there cards wrong, there team was set up to so wrong, and there tempo was all off, infact if they committed more men forward they would've taken this tie easily, Barca were playing with effectively 3 and some times only 2 defenders and PSG didn't exploit that
i didnt see the game but as soon as barca gets the early goal they must try to defend the lead, if they went forward then barca would adjust and psg would be left open

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i didnt see the game but as soon as barca gets the early goal they must try to defend the lead, if they went forward then barca would adjust and psg would be left open
Barca are at there most vulnerable when there midfield is under pressure.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Which is very, very rare.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Barca are at there most vulnerable when there midfield is under pressure.
well i didnt know that but i insist that the correct strategy is to defend the lead and counter attack, it was working and with a few minutes to go PSG would advance 996 times out of 1,000

the collapse came very late when probably every team in the world would be parking the bus

Wahesh

Reaction score
well i didnt know that but i insist that the correct strategy is to defend the lead and counter attack, it was working and with a few minutes to go PSG would advance 996 times out of 1,000

the collapse came very late when probably every team in the world would be parking the bus
It was an ultra choke. By their standards, Barca have been pretty ordinary this year (trailing RM in the Liga and RM had 2 matches in hand), and they are a shadow of the behemoth they were in 2010.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's how Liverpool are getting done by the lower placed sides. Sit back, defend and get hit on the counter, the league cup games against Southampton classic examples. PSG should have taken a look at those games

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Incorrect. They tried to defend the lead and lost. Barcelona basically played with 2 defenders. PSG needed to stack the midfield and try to score. They could've easily scored if they planned it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Incorrect. They tried to defend the lead and lost. Barcelona basically played with 2 defenders. PSG needed to stack the midfield and try to score. They could've easily scored if they planned it
they did score and it was a miracle barca escape, are you saying that in the 88th minute or whatever it was that PSG should not all out defend? because thats the issue here, im pretty sure anything up to the 88th minute went to plan and the problem was the last 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.