Tyrone Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interested to know people's thoughts on this guy. I've always been impressed. I know he got 23 trys in one year in NSW Cup. He's only 23. Scored a hat-trick last year v Roosters when filling in on a Sunday for Hopoate but he's never had another look in. Check out the highlights from last week's game in NSW Cup and I still can't fathom why he isn't a better option than Holland - faster and stronger. If Holland is primarily been kept for goalkicking then the club are kidding themselves - Rhyse Martin should come up for that. Personally I'm sad to see Phillips go but others might have a better read on him.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought he would have been given a go next year considering the rumours that the morris boys are on the way out. I think he is a decent young player who has potential but its the way things go at belmore these days, the talented lot get shown the door.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to know people's thoughts on this guy. I've always been impressed. I know he got 23 trys in one year in NSW Cup. He's only 23. Scored a hat-trick last year v Roosters when filling in on a Sunday for Hopoate but he's never had another look in. Check out the highlights from last week's game in NSW Cup and I still can't fathom why he isn't a better option than Holland - faster and stronger. If Holland is primarily been kept for goalkicking then the club are kidding themselves - Rhyse Martin should come up for that. Personally I'm sad to see Phillips go but others might have a better read on him.
In all of this you have to understand our coach Des, if you can figure him out you will go down as the next Einstein.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest issues with Philips is concentration. He drops easy balls both from kicks and passes. To be honest has been impressive in first grade when given the chance. But I have seen him drop more then a few passes that hit him on the chest with an open line (almost like he is thinking of his next move before he has the ball).

Was he supposed to be our rockstar fullback ages ago? :p

Plenty of speed but was a bit too small for first grade. But maybe he has bulked up recently? Haven't seen him for a while.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a bit of pace but was behind montoya and bmoz anyway

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis smith is better then him younger and taller only speed Phillips is quicker then him

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he had signed with the raiders. There was even talk of him leaving mid season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a turnstile with dick fingers and a lazy attitude being better then Holland is hardly a glowing endorsement. Reimis Smith has looked like he has fully recovered from his broken ankle and should see first grade next year we also have Tom Carr who has been a big improver but not sure about his contract for next year.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he had signed with the raiders. There was even talk of him leaving mid season.
Not sure if he's signed with anyone but the club gave him an official farewell so he's either signed with another club or the club has told him that he has zero chance of staying here next year.

It's a pity. The guy has great potential.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if he's signed with anyone but the club gave him an official farewell so he's either signed with another club or the club has told him that he has zero chance of staying here next year.

It's a pity. The guy has great potential.
Yeah i thought so too. But im pretty sure a few months back there was a lot of chat on here that he had signed with canberra and no one could underatand why he would go there given the quality of their outside backs. Doubt he will have a better chance of first grade there.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been released.
He will only be playing 2nd tier Rugby League somewhere.
Also you have to compare apples with apples.

He is certainly not better than Holland.
Hollands form in NSW cup is much much better than him.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been released.
He will only be playing 2nd tier Rugby League somewhere.
Also you have to compare apples with apples.

He is certainly not better than Holland.
Hollands form in NSW cup is much much better than him.
Holland is quite a bit better as well, good footy brain

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His biggest attribute is a bit of pace. He had enough chances last year to establish himself but didn't do enough to demand a place this year. I'm glad Montoya slipped past him to become a regular squad member. He defends better, has some ability yo defend kicks and just never looked out of place in the nrl like Phillips did.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's the same nationality as Vunivalu and plays the same position on the field but that's where the comparison ends

Status
Not open for further replies.