Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
To all you queers who ride the quiet carriage and shoosh people who are speaking quietly amongst themselves in Australian English, WHILE YOU ARE LISTENING TO MUSIC WITH HEADPHONES" have no right to shoosh me!
Fucking hypocrite little leftie queer *****, call people nazis but act like nazis over signs!
At least when I speak on the quiet carriage I do so quietly and in the language recognised by this country!

If you want I'll learn a combination of Punjabi,Arabic and mandarin, chant those dialects on the train and when you tell me to shoosh I will just say "me no speak English".

So fucking childish and unaustralian to,tell someone to be quiet on a train, even if there is a sign saying quiet carriage.

BTW I ONLY SAT IN THE QUIET CARRIAGE BECAUSE ALL OTHER CARRIAGES ARE FULL!

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
To all you queers who ride the quiet carriage and shoosh people who are speaking quietly amongst themselves in Australian English, WHILE YOU ARE LISTENING TO MUSIC WITH HEADPHONES" have no right to shoosh me!
Fucking hypocrite little leftie queer *****, call people nazis but act like nazis over signs!
At least when I speak on the quiet carriage I do so quietly and in the language recognised by this country!

If you want I'll learn a combination of Punjabi,Arabic and mandarin, chant those dialects on the train and when you tell me to shoosh I will just say "me no speak English".

So fucking childish and unaustralian to,tell someone to be quiet on a train, even if there is a sign saying quiet carriage.

BTW I ONLY SAT IN THE QUIET CARRIAGE BECAUSE ALL OTHER CARRIAGES ARE FULL!
The whole idea of quiet carriages in this day and age causes nothing but debate. End them already FFS. Everyone already spends the entire trip either using their phone, listening to music, reading some sort of paper/mag/book so the concept of having carriages for quiet is quite redundant.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole idea of quiet carriages in this day and age causes nothing but debate. End them already FFS. Everyone already spends the entire trip either using their phone, listening to music, reading some sort of paper/mag/book so the concept of having carriages for quiet is quite redundant.
I see no problem sitting with a friend talking silently!
It's always some little queer looking little lefty Anglo prick who looks like he can't defend himself who try's telling me to be quiet!

I heard a guy has been barred from Sydney trains after making a scene on the quiet carriage?
But in the middle of the day when human interaction and activity is at its peak, you cannot interfere,even with cock sucking nazi Jew laws!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Here it is people. Let the train delay bitching begin!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woah woah woah woah..

There is now a quiet carriage?

When did this sh!t start happening

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could strike for more pay like these funk punk train drivers.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Woah woah woah woah..

There is now a quiet carriage?

When did this sh!t start happening
Quiet carriages are one of the most ridiculous things to ever occur on trains.

What's the point when every minute there is another booming announcement over the PA system that nobody understands anyway.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Quiet carriages are one of the most ridiculous things to ever occur on trains.

What's the point when every minute there is another booming announcement over the PA system that nobody understands anyway.
No trust me they're good

Last thing I want to hear is kids shouting and screaming (by kids I mean teenagers) or some idiot speaking about their weekend, on their phone, at the top of their lungs to impress strangers on a train carriage or some hard **** bogan talking about how he would have smashed someone etc etc etc

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They shoyld also make all carriages "no food" carriages

I don't want to smell fucking laksa or an egg sandwhich on a train carriage

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I think you are missing the "public" part of "public transport".

But having said that, I catch PT about once a month at most.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Just last week i sat on the end of a three seater.
the 2 people next to me, were a school kid and his mother.

School kid pulls out an egg, bites the top and then hands it to his mother, she then pulls out a little soy and drops some on the egg, sons bites egg, then again passes it to his mother - he does this 3 or 4 times, then the egg is finished.

I'm thinking, ok i can stop holding my breath, noooooo he pulls out another egg.

This happens 3 times, i couldn't fucking wait to get out of that seat

Wahesh

Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with kids these days? 3 eggs?

(A) Who eats eggs on a train FFS?
(B) 3 eggs... I wonder what his cholesterol levels will be when he's an adult
(C) Which idiot carries soy sauce with them on a train
(D) Why didn't the school kid put the sauce on himself, it's not exactly a hard thing to do

Wahesh

Reaction score
Now onto the quiet carriages. I usually catch off peak trains so I don't usually have a problem with it as people are generally quiet. I have a problem mainly in the afternoon though with idiots talking on their phones about shit that is not important nor do people really care about.

I don't usually mind if someone uses their phones to tell someone when they'll arrive at a station just in case they're being picked up or something, but useless shit is what drives me insane. Teenage girls are the main culprits in this case.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with kids these days? 3 eggs?

(A) Who eats eggs on a train FFS?
(B) 3 eggs... I wonder what his cholesterol levels will be when he's an adult
(C) Which idiot carries soy sauce with them on a train
(D) Why didn't the school kid put the sauce on himself, it's not exactly a hard thing to do
The Soy that was put on the egg was from one of those containers you get when you eat Sushi, it was weird, his mum added the Soy, but didn't eat it.

He may have been disabled, so i dont want to hassle too much, but dayum it stank

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now onto the quiet carriages. I usually catch off peak trains so I don't usually have a problem with it as people are generally quiet. I have a problem mainly in the afternoon though with idiots talking on their phones about shit that is not important nor do people really care about.

I don't usually mind if someone uses their phones to tell someone when they'll arrive at a station just in case they're being picked up or something, but useless shit is what drives me insane. Teenage girls are the main culprits in this case.
Kills me when people talk on the phone, some dude the whole way From Panania to the City was talking to tech support and looking at stuff on his MAC, Seriously, just wait until you get to work

Wahesh

Reaction score
Kills me when people talk on the phone, some dude the whole way From Panania to the City was talking to tech support and looking at stuff on his MAC, Seriously, just wait until you get to work
I think I can out-do that. Now I never saw this myself, but a colleague told me about it in a former job. He got on the train at Central station bound for one of the station in the Central Coast - Terrigal from memory. When he got on, there was some teenage girl talking on the phone. She gas-bagged the ENTIRE TIME from Central to Central Coast when he was on the train... so she was talking for 2 hours, goodness knows how long before and after my colleague got on and off, and he said she was talking about absolutely rubbish/useless bullshit the entire time. How the fuck can someone talk non-stop for 2 hours FFS?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
no way i can talk for so long, i prefer talking to texts but damn.

Hopefully she had an unlimited plan, or that's going to cost a lot

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people work when they go to work...

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I can out-do that. Now I never saw this myself, but a colleague told me about it in a former job. He got on the train at Central station bound for one of the station in the Central Coast - Terrigal from memory. When he got on, there was some teenage girl talking on the phone. She gas-bagged the ENTIRE TIME from Central to Central Coast when he was on the train... so she was talking for 2 hours, goodness knows how long before and after my colleague got on and off, and he said she was talking about absolutely rubbish/useless bullshit the entire time. How the fuck can someone talk non-stop for 2 hours FFS?
Your colleague is a LIAR.

No way you could get phone reception the whole way :P