Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You know what I dislike? What I REALLY dislike. When the entire carriage is facing one way, usually the direction the train is heading, then there's always that one idiot who wants to sit in the opposite direction looking at everyone. I was in that situation yesterday. I felt like necking the jahesh.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to sound raciss but it will.
I just got to say these "new Australians" must teach the children what a bath and toilet paper is!
A bunch of school students passed me to change carriages and get off at the next door, one of them had such a foul odour, it tainted the whole carriage and I felt dirty and wanted to race home for another shower.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What is it with Asians sneezing? Why are they so freaking loud?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what I dislike? What I REALLY dislike. When the entire carriage is facing one way, usually the direction the train is heading, then there's always that one idiot who wants to sit in the opposite direction looking at everyone. I was in that situation yesterday. I felt like necking the jahesh.
I f'ing hate when that happens, everyone in the carriage should go up to the turd and say 'turn the fuck around shit head' or everyone just stare at the person, I'm pretty sure they'll turn around.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I f'ing hate when that happens, everyone in the carriage should go up to the turd and say 'turn the fuck around shit head' or everyone just stare at the person, I'm pretty sure they'll turn around.
It's not just that... they're the fucking loudest... it's like they've got something inside them that makes it louder. Yet whenever Asians talk in general you can barely here them lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have some of you considered other transport options? Driving, riding a bike? Working from home occasionally?

The last one is awesome, I haven't put on pants yet and don't intend to.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Have some of you considered other transport options? Driving, riding a bike? Working from home occasionally?

The last one is awesome, I haven't put on pants yet and don't intend to.
Driving - Sydney traffic is shyte
Riding a bike - not with the crazy cars on the road
WFH - No. Because I refuse to work from home. My idea of working from home is spending all days on the couch watching movies. Where I work, they will MAKE SURE you're working when you're meant to be instead of bludging. So... I refuse to do so.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So I was surrounded by hotties this morning. One in front of me, one beside me and one behind me. Never have I felt more like a babe magent in my life :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
  • People that open and hold umbrellas while standing under station shelter, and;
  • People that hold open umbrellas and stand in the rain while there is station shelter...
...You should all throw yourselves in front of the on-coming train!

Wahesh

Reaction score
24 hour bus strike at 4 major depots - Burwood, Leichhardt, Tempe and Kingsgrove. Man the trains are packed today.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Train fares have gone up. Now I have to pay an extra 7 cents to get to work >:(

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Train fares have gone up. Now I have to pay an extra 7 cents to get to work >:(
Yeah I walked past a poster and it said 2.4% inflation or something like that.

I was pretty cut when they took away the free trips after 8 fares as I used to run around pyrmont for 40 minutes a week and it would save me $16/week!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah I walked past a poster and it said 2.4% inflation or something like that.

I was pretty cut when they took away the free trips after 8 fares as I used to run around pyrmont for 40 minutes a week and it would save me $16/week!!
I know. That 8 fare thing was the best and they took it away from us. Bastards. I would enjoy travelling free the rest of the week after Wednesday lunchtime (I used it lunchtime Monday-Wednesday meaning 8 uses by 12:30pm). I would rather have a fare rise than thme taking that away FFS.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you forget to top up your opal card or have problems with your VISA card they whack you with a 200 dollar fine, shame on the State Government.

Wahesh

Reaction score
If you forget to top up your opal card or have problems with your VISA card they whack you with a 200 dollar fine, shame on the State Government.
That's pretty much because you're fare evading. The $200 fine has been standard since 2003. Still stings today. Imagine how hard it was in 2003.

Most people use auto-top up though. Why waste time doing it over and over again, or forget doing it and risk getting a $200 fine? This guy I know said he cbf doing auto top up. I said to him by the time he's finished doing it manually he could've finished setting it to auto lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Another reason why I hate the school holidays. So I get on the Waratah train to go home. Some little shit sits on 6 seater all to himself with his feet on the seats. His younger shit of a little brother also sits on a 6 seat with feet up on the seats.

SIT TOGETHER ON ONE THREE SEATER NOT SIX SEATER AND TAKE YOUR FUCKEN FEET OFF THE SEATS YOU GRUBS.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah... another idiot tries to navigate her way down the stairs carrying luggage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Which stupid idiot thinks it's ok to sneeze full blast while sitting next to someone on a 2 seater on the train? Thank f**k it wasn't me, but I feel sorry for the Asian girl who copped it!

A

Alexander the Great

Which stupid idiot thinks it's ok to sneeze full blast while sitting next to someone on a 2 seater on the train? Thank f**k it wasn't me, but I feel sorry for the Asian girl who copped it!
Lol at you so salty with the train antics from these idiots.

Do you get annoyed with people like me blasting earphones loud enough for everyone else to hear my shitty rap music ?