Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, someone needs to write a book on train etiquette.

Picture this - it's packed on the train, so I'm squished in a 3 seater with 2 other girls. I have my MASSIVE gym bag, and so does the girl next to me. Most people get off at Central - so does the girl in the aisle seat get up and move to an empty seat? NO - she sits there so we're squished up together in a near empty carriage. I looked at her twice as if to say, "Move it" - but nothing.

ARGH!!!! WHAT PART OF F*KING MOVE DON'T U UNDERSTAND??????????????

Anyone else have train gripes?

D

D0ggyStylz

lol maybe she figured that it was the best way to keep warm. You are right though, she should have moved.

A

Abz

Yea. I left home 5 mins early this morning to get a train. I got on and nearly every seat was taken. Except for some guy who had his slick laptop bag on the only empty seat. I removed my bag as if to say "move your laptop or it'll cop my arse" so he done so and I got a seat. Seriously though, these trains need airconditioning!

L

LeBcHiCk

i think they just need to get rid of all old trains as they are all chatty and put more of them new trains out. have you noticed you get the new trains with the air con on a cold day but the hot days you cop the old chatty stinky hot trains whats up with that

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
trains suck they are uncomfortable and i am glad i dont work in the city and have to catch them anymore!!!!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mrs. M, I hate to break it to you but when it comes to train ettiquette... THERE IS NO SUCH THING... >:(

My suggestion is to carry around a cattle prod, electric tazer, or even a pointy wooden stick to give people "friendly" reminders when they are being inconsiderate...

I hate trains...

A

Abz

lol dvs mate - trains are better then cars though, at least you're not stuck in traffic in the city, busy looking for a parking spot, putting money in the meter and wasting precious expensive fuel as you go!

cowboys_2006

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i got stuck next to this woman on the train this morning...packed as usual and it was the only seat left. she was HUGE and smelt like cat piss. anyway, she kept trying to go to sleep and rollling around, and oh my god, it reminded me of a pig rolling in its own filth lol.

L

LeBcHiCk

the parking is an issue every where now not just the city theres no where to park and like abz said you gotta pay for youre parking these days nothing is free

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I thought parking at Parramatta would be alright on a Sunday (yesterday). Man that place is just as bad as the city almost.

A

Abz

Stevie J said:
I thought parking at Parramatta would be alright on a Sunday (yesterday). Man that place is just as bad as the city almost.
We were so lucky on Saturday night at Verandah Bar, we got car parking right on Elizabeth street :D

A

Abz

LeBcHiCk said:
how was veranda bar on saturday?
Awsome! Europa (formerly Gelato) went off all night. Even Rach's sister was there going off lol. It was very good. All my favourite songs come on and I had to take 5 seriously, I felt like I was going throw up from dancing like a MACHINNNNE all night :D but I didn't lol... I went off my rocket! When Abz is dancing, stay at least 5 feet away for your own safety :grinning:

BisH

Ohh No0o0
Reaction score
i had to sit next to two curries this morining who just did not shut up!!! they just kept going on and on and on about lord ****ing knows what! i was gonna crack their heads in!!! aghhhhhhhhhh