Top 5 dud players of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still don't what licha is doin in that team see when he scored that try against the dragons he was like ohh shit did I just score he was more surprised than the crowdhe does my head in.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't what licha is doin in that team see when he scored that try against the dragons he was like ohh shit did I just score he was more surprised than the crowdhe does my head in.
That's Gold..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't the Warriors pay top dollar for RTS, Haynes comeback hasn't lived up to expectation either.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
800 for a jog, he cleaned up, they should of kept Crazy Conrad, he played his ass off last night.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how the hell is RTS running second in the Dally M ? What a joke of a system.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
800 for a jog, he cleaned up, they should of kept Crazy Conrad, he played his ass off last night.
Hurrells attitude was poor at the Warriors.
If they didn't have a culture where the boys all think their top dogs and can do what they like, when they like, they would have never had an issue.
Best thing for him was being signed elsewhere without the bullshit mentality that the warriors have.
He wouldn't have been playing as well as he has now if he were still in nz.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree lichaa is a waste of space also can't kick if his life depended on it. On the other hand Kas is gonna be the buy of the season under Bellamy wait and see. Obviously problems with Hasler.
I'm going to suggest we sack hasler and bring in dean pay to bring back the BULLDOGS CULTURE FOR FUCKS SAKE and get rid of dib PLEASE

Show me footage of lichaa's bad kicking please!!!
I haven't seen him kick but would love to see the footage. Was it that bad? Lol

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 5 dud players of 2017 (so far)
Mohamad Moussawel
-
June 16, 2017 - 12:03 pm
It’s been an interesting season so far with plenty of talking points. What I’d like to focus on though are the players who just aren’t performing to the high and consistent standards of the club level.

They’re not necessarily overrated but for this season at least, they’re certainly underachieving. I’d go so far as to call them duds.

dud
noun
a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.

adjective
not working or meeting standards; faulty.

So, with the definition above fresh in your mind, here are my Top 5 duds of 2017.

Michael Lichaa
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Hooker

Michael Lichaa joined the Bulldogs from the Sharks back in 2015 after signing a three-year deal in 2014 after claiming a host of personal accomplishments and trophies during his junior career making him an attractive replacement for the departing Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis.

Fast forward to 2017 and the Lebanese International is fast becoming a villain amongst the fans as he’s failed to deliver as an adequate replacement for his Origin predecessor, and club captain, Michael Ennis.

I think adequate is a little soft because he’s literally looked lost on the field all year round. His awareness, decision making, passing and direction have been poor. He’s been outclassed by his opposite number in every game.

Lichaa has 1 try and 0 assists this season in 14 games. His average run metres currently stands at 43.6 with 19 missed tackles.

Jarryd Hayne
Gold Coast Titans – Fullback

We all know this NSW cult hero. He needs no introduction.

Now statistically, Jarryd Hayne hasn’t necessarily flopped in comparison to all the other average Joes in his respective position but, when comparing this season’s performance to what we know he is capable of, that’s a different story.

The Hayne Plane, at club level, has taken a dive as his on field grit is in question. Hayne has 4 tries and 2 assists in 8 games with only 700 all run meters and 89 hit ups.

When comparing him to the top FB’s in the game… he’s a dud.

Ben Hunt
Brisbane Broncos – Halfback

Ben Hunt signed with the Brisbane-based club in his youth, he made is debut in 2009 against the Sharks. Slowly making his way past his positional competitors, Hunt became the Broncos’ starting half, replacing the retiring Darren Lockyer in five-eighth before making his transition to halfback.

In the years leading to the 2017 season, Hunt was named in the Maroons’ squad and emerging squad and played a major role in aiding the Broncos make the 2015 GF.

The 2017 season, however, portrays a different side to the skilful playmaker. Recently axed from the squad and replaced by his future replacement,Kodi Nikorima due to a lacklustre start to the Broncos’ rollercoaster season.

Hunt has 1 try and 4 assists in 8 games while only being able to lead his squad to 3 wins in the 8 games he’s played. He’s Dragons bound on a multimillion dollar contract next season and perhaps has already checked out. Good luck St. George Illawarra….

Sam Kasiano
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Prop

For some unknown reason, this mammoth of a man is having a shocker of a season. So bad, the Bulldogs have seen him as expendable and reportedly offloaded him to the Storm come 2018.

Sam Kasiano has been a major asset for the Blue and White since making his debut in 2011. He won the prop of the year in 2012 and earned himself the nickname, Dogzilla.

Fast forward to 2017 and a major weight loss for the big bopper to adapt to the changing game, Kasiano’s season has been littered with errors and has been sat down by the opposing forward pack too many times.

He looks lazier and less fit, which is odd since he lost a lot of weight. When comparing the, once feared, Kiwi International to front rowers of his expected standards, he has some major catching up to do. He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

Roger Tuivasa Sheck
New Zealand Warriors – Fullback

Now, I know that plenty will disagree with me on this one, but before you pull out your pitchforks, let me explain.

In 2015, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was named the Dally M Fullback of the year before joining the Warriors the following season with MASSIVE expectations that he’s not delivering on in the 2017 season.

I have a few Warriors fans who also agree that RTS just hasn’t lived up to the sky-high standards we expect and have seen.

Statistically, though, he hasn’t done that bad for himself with 4 tries and 4 try assists in 13 games. But he’s also made 15 errors with 22 missed tackles, so it’s a mixed bag.

RTS is a game-changing player who was brought to the Warriors to do exactly that but the Warriors are currently sitting 11th on the ladder (6 wins and 8 losses and a point differential of -29), just ahead of the disappointing Bulldogs.
I feel for mbye he was deserving of being on this list tbh

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye is better then lichaa. He proved it this season when he went to hooker. We finally had a dummy half who could pass!!!
Lichaa is pathetic and he came here with huge raps as the next great dummy half. Can't even fucking pass the ball. Biggest fucking retard I've ever seen play for the dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I dont like thw bloke but i think lichaa has put in this year. He has improved his game slowly. So top 5 is alittle over the top from a cock who reports out his arse. Moses mbye on the other hand is dead set weak as piss and should be top of the list.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye is better then lichaa. He proved it this season when he went to hooker. We finally had a dummy half who could pass!!!
Lichaa is pathetic and he came here with huge raps as the next great dummy half. Can't even fucking pass the ball. Biggest fucking retard I've ever seen play for the dogs
M'bye wasn't signed to play hooker.
M'bye is as bad at half as lichaa is at hooker. Only on twice the salary.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What
Top 5 dud players of 2017 (so far)
Mohamad Moussawel
-
June 16, 2017 - 12:03 pm
It’s been an interesting season so far with plenty of talking points. What I’d like to focus on though are the players who just aren’t performing to the high and consistent standards of the club level.

They’re not necessarily overrated but for this season at least, they’re certainly underachieving. I’d go so far as to call them duds.

dud
noun
a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.

adjective
not working or meeting standards; faulty.

So, with the definition above fresh in your mind, here are my Top 5 duds of 2017.

Michael Lichaa
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Hooker

Michael Lichaa joined the Bulldogs from the Sharks back in 2015 after signing a three-year deal in 2014 after claiming a host of personal accomplishments and trophies during his junior career making him an attractive replacement for the departing Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis.

Fast forward to 2017 and the Lebanese International is fast becoming a villain amongst the fans as he’s failed to deliver as an adequate replacement for his Origin predecessor, and club captain, Michael Ennis.

I think adequate is a little soft because he’s literally looked lost on the field all year round. His awareness, decision making, passing and direction have been poor. He’s been outclassed by his opposite number in every game.

Lichaa has 1 try and 0 assists this season in 14 games. His average run metres currently stands at 43.6 with 19 missed tackles.

Jarryd Hayne
Gold Coast Titans – Fullback

We all know this NSW cult hero. He needs no introduction.

Now statistically, Jarryd Hayne hasn’t necessarily flopped in comparison to all the other average Joes in his respective position but, when comparing this season’s performance to what we know he is capable of, that’s a different story.

The Hayne Plane, at club level, has taken a dive as his on field grit is in question. Hayne has 4 tries and 2 assists in 8 games with only 700 all run meters and 89 hit ups.

When comparing him to the top FB’s in the game… he’s a dud.

Ben Hunt
Brisbane Broncos – Halfback

Ben Hunt signed with the Brisbane-based club in his youth, he made is debut in 2009 against the Sharks. Slowly making his way past his positional competitors, Hunt became the Broncos’ starting half, replacing the retiring Darren Lockyer in five-eighth before making his transition to halfback.

In the years leading to the 2017 season, Hunt was named in the Maroons’ squad and emerging squad and played a major role in aiding the Broncos make the 2015 GF.

The 2017 season, however, portrays a different side to the skilful playmaker. Recently axed from the squad and replaced by his future replacement,Kodi Nikorima due to a lacklustre start to the Broncos’ rollercoaster season.

Hunt has 1 try and 4 assists in 8 games while only being able to lead his squad to 3 wins in the 8 games he’s played. He’s Dragons bound on a multimillion dollar contract next season and perhaps has already checked out. Good luck St. George Illawarra….

Sam Kasiano
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Prop

For some unknown reason, this mammoth of a man is having a shocker of a season. So bad, the Bulldogs have seen him as expendable and reportedly offloaded him to the Storm come 2018.

Sam Kasiano has been a major asset for the Blue and White since making his debut in 2011. He won the prop of the year in 2012 and earned himself the nickname, Dogzilla.

Fast forward to 2017 and a major weight loss for the big bopper to adapt to the changing game, Kasiano’s season has been littered with errors and has been sat down by the opposing forward pack too many times.

He looks lazier and less fit, which is odd since he lost a lot of weight. When comparing the, once feared, Kiwi International to front rowers of his expected standards, he has some major catching up to do. He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

Roger Tuivasa Sheck
New Zealand Warriors – Fullback

Now, I know that plenty will disagree with me on this one, but before you pull out your pitchforks, let me explain.

In 2015, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was named the Dally M Fullback of the year before joining the Warriors the following season with MASSIVE expectations that he’s not delivering on in the 2017 season.

I have a few Warriors fans who also agree that RTS just hasn’t lived up to the sky-high standards we expect and have seen.

Statistically, though, he hasn’t done that bad for himself with 4 tries and 4 try assists in 13 games. But he’s also made 15 errors with 22 missed tackles, so it’s a mixed bag.

RTS is a game-changing player who was brought to the Warriors to do exactly that but the Warriors are currently sitting 11th on the ladder (6 wins and 8 losses and a point differential of -29), just ahead of the disappointing Bulldogs.
about doing an article on the top 5 dud coaches? I am sure Hasler will win this hands down unless he's flying under the radar?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hayne has at least starred and/or won games for the Titans this year, he also stepped it up a notch in Origin. There's probably 20 blokes I'd have in front of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.