TIME TO SHOW TAAFFE SOME LOVE

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison held us back today. Maybe he's there for his defence, but we could have piled on massive points with a decent halfback.
Every time he tries to step the defence, they just stroll over and catch him.
They said on nrl fox today that hutch is there fir his communication as they feel sexton is too quiet

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The team over-all played well today, and I'm as happy with the win as anyone. But there was REALLY no reason Hutch was allowed to flounder through 70 minutes before being hooked! There's LOYALTY, and there's BLIND loyalty! Taafe should've been given at LEAST 25 to 30 minutes with Burton to see what they could spark together! I wasn't a huge fan of Taafe being given first crack at FB with who I believe were better FB options at the club in Tracey/Crichton/Kiraz, maybe even Burton for a left of filed rabbit out of a hat, not even mentioning a few of our young guys. But after a rough start, he has improved every week, while Hutch remains, to be CHARITABLE, "mediocre"... I have nothing against Hutch as a person or a man, but I AM hoping he gets a week or 2 break courtesy of the judiciary, because I CAN'T see it coming from Ciraldo...
Gotta give ciraldo some credit he has left him in the side to try and improve.no doubt he has told him what he needs and if not he will
Change it around and I guess ciraldo will eventually use taafe at half back.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he needed to come on around the 65 minute mark for this game, good return though

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fool, I didn’t say weather or not Taaffe was better at GB than Tracey, show me anywhere I said that ? Was an appreciation thread, he’s a magic little player and the fact you an so many went at me saying he’s no good, and that was only round 2, got far more skill an capability than many have him, and he is starting to grow into a fantastic player!
I remember when Taaffe was playing for Souths he tore our defence a number of times in that game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hutchison held us back today. Maybe he's there for his defence, but we could have piled on massive points with a decent halfback.
Every time he tries to step the defence, they just stroll over and catch him.
He runs back into the defence and leaves the right edge just hanging there. We had so many opportunities with a backline fanned out and boom Hutch cuts back inside \_(ツ)_/¯

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taffe should either start at 7 in NRL or at 7 in NSW Cup. He is a wasted bench spot. It's Hutchinson or Taffe since CC doesn't seem to like Sexton, considering Sexton is not given a run even though Hutchinson has only produced one try assist all year. I want to see Taffes general play kicking before he plays before Hutchinson, need someone to back up Burtons kicking game.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Taafe showed enough on the right in 10 minutes. Whenever Hutcho goes to the right, you know he will step back inside. Everyone knows what's going to happen except Hutcho. I can't believe how slow he is.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch should be on the bench, because he can cover halves, second row and lock due to his size. But does playing Taaffe for 80 minutes lessen his impact.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was only on for 10mins but was a lot better than crutchison has been for us, interested to see if he gets more time or if we are stuck with crutchy.

Curious, whats the fascination with taaffe? you his best mate or something?