Thurston gone for the season with shoulder injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sur...t/news-story/3723dac3efb01b2bd3efd0398ab01a53

JOHNATHAN Thurston’s fairytale finish has been shattered.
The superstar playmaker is poised to miss the rest of the season, according to reports.

Channel 7 is claiming the champion halfback requires surgery to fix his injured shoulder.

The surgery means he will miss Origin III and is in serious doubt for the Rugby League World Cup at the end of the year.

Thurston first injured his shoulder while playing for Australia during a mid-year test and has been struggling to overcome the issue ever since.

The injury saw him miss Queensland’s Origin I loss in Brisbane before he made his NRL return for North Queensland in Round 14 before running out on Wednesday to lead the Maroons to victory.

The halfback had scans on an injured shoulder on Thursday with the damage ruling him out for what would’ve been his 300th NRL match.

He will have to wait until 2018 to tick off the milestone with next season expected to be his last before retiring.

Earlier this year Thurston declared 2017 would be his last in the representative arena so he could dedicate his final year to the Cowboys.

It’s not only a huge blow for his club but the Maroons as they head to Suncorp Stadium for the Origin decider on July 12.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is actually funny.

Not the fact that he got injured, it is actually sad given the champion that is he is (despite being a massive grub).

The funny part lies in with Walters, and the fact he mentioned Mbye as a possible replacement for JT :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is actually funny.

Not the fact that he got injured, it is actually sad given the champion that is he is (despite being a massive grub).

The funny part lies in with Walters, and the fact he mentioned Mbye as a possible replacement for JT :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Did you listen to MMM this morning? They were talking about this and Gus Worland was basically falling out of his chair with how ridiculous mentioning Mbye was (especially because Kev did not mention DCE).

The bulldogs are the laughing stock of the NRL with how shit our 7 and 9 are.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let's be honest ... if those refs from the other night are still employed by the NRL and in game 3, you could bring Martin Bella out of retirement and put him in the halves and Qld will still win.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thursto OUT. Channel 9 fake news have confirmed so it must be true.

How on earth is Mbye even spoken about in the origin arena, oh well had a good laugh when reading that.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get that up ya NRL trying to fix it for his farewell game in game 3, now he can't play. EAD

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Get that up ya NRL trying to fix it for his farewell game in game 3, now he can't play. EAD
This news just makes the national queensland rugbyleague fairy-tale even more romantic, qld champion half ruled out of the game but his queeeeeeeeeeeeeenslander mates(with a little outside help) dig deep for the win.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Did you listen to MMM this morning? They were talking about this and Gus Worland was basically falling out of his chair with how ridiculous mentioning Mbye was (especially because Kev did not mention DCE).

The bulldogs are the laughing stock of the NRL with how shit our 7 and 9 are.
Cherry-Evans will get a run before Mbye!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow big news. Wonder if cows new prior with signing of Martin from panthers or just good timing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unlucky, cowboys coach must be pretty pissed off about this

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow big news. Wonder if cows new prior with signing of Martin from panthers or just good timing.
I would say so.

TJ stated awhile back if the Cowboys Dr ruled him out of the Cows game, he would ignore it & play for QLD.

His priority this year was his farewell to Origin etc.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say so.

TJ stated awhile back if the Cowboys Dr ruled him out of the Cows game, he would ignore it & play for QLD.

His priority this year was his farewell to Origin etc.
Fuck him & anyone who plays & supports any team from north of the boarder can EAD.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cherry-Evans will get a run before Mbye!
Mbye wouldn't get a run unless like 5 people (on top of Milf and Thurston) got injured.

Morgan (will def take Thurstons spot)
Munster (was 18th man will prob be on the bench now)
DCE
Corey Norman
Maybe even Hunt would be ahead of Mbye. Mbye sux.

Malla

Reaction score
Poor bloke. Means he will also miss the world cup I guess?

He deserves to retire on his own terms, hope this doesnt force him out.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope I don't have to eat your dick, I would die of hunger.
Oh I so would believe that, you & your two heads. You could eat all of Australia's & still be hungry you Ommpa Loompa

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I must say I hate that Thurston is injured because now a Blues victory will just be "oh you won because we did not have Thurston"

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He knew, Qld knew, and his club knew he was only ever going to play one more game. Damage to his shoulder was done and couldn't get any worse or better for that matter. The only dummies that didn't know seems to NSW and their coach. Sheesh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.