NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on lue. He has an unused channing frye on the bench (he was lights out last year) as well as another sharp shooter in Calderon. He used korver for 7 mins opening night (today he has gone off after not even getting a shot in 3 stints on opening night).

Not sure about some of his rotations. I get it that defensively korver may not be the best, but he is an active player and having him on the court not only spreads the defence but he runs amazing lines on his pick and rolls.

We saw the cavs flick a switch with 2 to go in the 3rd and get out to a 14 point lead (9 from korver in a row). He used shumpert who was out of form last year while he cut liggins who's defence actually won games in the start of the year.

Maybe it's lebrons team and lue is just the clip board holder, but for mine he makes great individual plays but to control a game/have a game plan he doesn't impress me.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on lue. He has an unused channing frye on the bench (he was lights out last year) as well as another sharp shooter in Calderon. He used korver for 7 mins opening night (today he has gone off after not even getting a shot in 3 stints on opening night).

Not sure about some of his rotations. I get it that defensively korver may not be the best, but he is an active player and having him on the court not only spreads the defence but he runs amazing lines on his pick and rolls.

We saw the cavs flick a switch with 2 to go in the 3rd and get out to a 14 point lead (9 from korver in a row). He used shumpert who was out of form last year while he cut liggins who's defence actually won games in the start of the year.

Maybe it's lebrons team and lue is just the clip board holder, but for mine he makes great individual plays but to control a game/have a game plan he doesn't impress me.
Lue basically plays LBJ for as long as he can and crosses his fingers when he's not on the floor. Imo he's just a puppet.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lue basically plays LBJ for as long as he can and crosses his fingers when he's not on the floor. Imo he's just a puppet.
Exactly. I tend to agree. Ok he can control a single play. Cavs usually score after a time out (not sure if it's James organising the play or lue).

But game play and game plan he has no idea I think and it's evident with the last 2 finals appearances. He has no game plan when cavs go down.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Cavs are going to SWEEP the East lol. The only loses they will have will be against west teams. Or if they rest LBJ. They have ZERO comp what so ever in the east haha

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Cavs are going to SWEEP the East lol. The only loses they will have will be against west teams. Or if they rest LBJ. They have ZERO comp what so ever in the east haha
Was my thought too. Still early days but they took the foot off the gas early on tonight and still cruised home.

Was expecting a closer game. But if this is the best of the east then they will walk through no problem (not that there would have been a problem anyways).

Looking forward to the Houston game. See what they can do up against a 3 all star team.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was my thought too. Still early days but they took the foot off the gas early on tonight and still cruised home.

Was expecting a closer game. But if this is the best of the east then they will walk through no problem (not that there would have been a problem anyways).

Looking forward to the Houston game. See what they can do up against a 3 all star team.
Yeah still early which is bad news for the east. The Cavs haven't even gelled properly yet. Imagine when they are all used to each other? Lol. RIP the East.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Tbh LBJ fans are just as unbearable but but he made 7 straight finals lol some how they have changed the argument into who has the best losing record is now the best lol
no its not the best but its better than losing earlier in the playoffs lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah but still NO WHERE near as good as two three peats though aye lol
those achievements were when the nba was easier, its like 6 d league titles today

now the nba is a world sport and participation is probably 20 times what it was

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
those achievements were when the nba was easier, its like 6 d league titles today

now the nba is a world sport and participation is probably 20 times what it was
Yeah sure lol. Nba is so much better now. The east is so tough teams in the nbl would make the playoffs hahahahaha

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah sure lol. Nba is so much better now. The east is so tough teams in the nbl would make the playoffs hahahahaha
yeah the nba is much tougher now that the money and interest has gone up, its like how womens tennis is much tougher compared to the margaret court days

jordan fans use that argument to diminish everything before jordan so why not use it against them lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cavs playing flat today. No energy at all and 22 down in the second quarter.

Can't buy a basket tonight.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Cavs playing flat today. No energy at all and 22 down in the second quarter.

Can't buy a basket tonight.
i knew that would happen, they wanted to produce messages to boston and milwaukee so this is the comedown

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i knew that would happen, they wanted to produce messages to boston and milwaukee so this is the comedown
Yeh they went from playing with high energy and popping passes to taking dumb shots tonight. Tried to go 3 for 3 with the magic but went down early on.

Seems to be playing with a faster pace now but still down. It will come down to how well the magic shoot from now on more so then if cavs can outplay them.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah the nba is much tougher now that the money and interest has gone up, its like how womens tennis is much tougher compared to the margaret court days

jordan fans use that argument to diminish everything before jordan so why not use it against them lol
Meh.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
giannis played ok in the win against portland, 44pts 17/23fg