NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol the already weak east gets even weaker. The Cavs can rest lebron and Irving most nights and still make a top 3 seed and be fresh for the finals

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol the already weak east gets even weaker. The Cavs can rest lebron and Irving most nights and still make a top 3 seed and be fresh for the finals
Cavs really need to make a move and do something otherwise there gonna get swept, GSW will only get better this year and Cavs will have no chance especially with LeBron only getting older.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cavs finally making moves and joining the arms race, Jose Calderon is now a cav. :grinning:

Malla

Reaction score
I think Cavs will end up with Melo and potentially Wade, but it feels like LBJ has clocked off and is already looking ahead to where he will be in 2018 lol.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Warriors will be Paying slightly over $200 million in luxury tax by season 2019. Holy shit, there owners are gonna be taking a big hit.

Malla

Reaction score
The Warriors will be Paying slightly over $200 million in luxury tax by season 2019. Holy shit, there owners are gonna be taking a big hit.
They have 2 players in the top 5 jersey sellers and 4 in the top 12... they'll be alright.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rudy Gay to Spurs makes them a legit

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Portland moved crabbe this week, sounds like they are going to be the team that eats Anderson contract for Melo to join the rockets.

I've been an iverson fan since I was a kid. I have his jersey signed up on my wall framed with mad inscriptions and remember melo fondly back from Denver days with him.

He is not a lbj/durant/george baller though I must admit it gives me a semi with him potentially joining harden and cp3. He could easily be Olympic melo which is a major asset. Hope like fuck they hold on to Capella, ariza and Gordon too. Be a very exciting year ahead for me

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I haven't paid any attention to the NBA since NBA2K15.. just smashed twitter with questions and I'll post them here too:

How does DRose only get a $2.1mil 1 year deal with Cavs but Vince Carter can still get $8mil for 1 year at Sac?

Who even plays for Clips now CP3 and Crawford have bailed?

Why is Lonzo Ball getting a lifetime show deal?

Is Dwight still Superman?

Paul George ever recover from broken leg and does he still play for Indiana?

Mono brow and KAT any good and kick on?

Boston and LA still terrible?

I need a brief summary of the good the bad and the ugly in the NBA recently to get up to speed cos I'm getting back on board this year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't paid any attention to the NBA since NBA2K15.. just smashed twitter with questions and I'll post them here too:

How does DRose only get a $2.1mil 1 year deal with Cavs but Vince Carter can still get $8mil for 1 year at Sac?

I need a brief summary of the good the bad and the ugly in the NBA recently to get up to speed cos I'm getting back on board this year.
Cavs only able to offer DRose $2.1 million deal due to Cap and Rose himself probably just wants to win some games. Carter is basically going to Sactown to provide a veteran presence for the younger boys.

Griffin and DeAndre still there with Griffin recently re-signing a new long term deal.

Basically his dad was able to generate so so much hype that Lonzo became the most talked about player even before he was drafted that companies would be stupid not throwing deals at him left, right and centre as he is going to be one of the most publicized players this upcoming season.

Not even a top 10 big man these days.

He has recovered well from his injury however still hasn't found his best form, still a superstar. Recently traded to the Thunder after it had been leaked that he had basically all but decided to go to the Lakers after his contract is up (had 1 year left), so Pacers pretty much accepted a low ball offer for him. Westbrook and George is going to be exciting.

Even though Anthony Davis is a top 3 big man in the league he hasn't exactly kicked on and become the MVP calibre player that many expected him to be. KAT is progressing nicely and is on the path to being a superstar.

Lakers still suck. Boston finished first in the Eastern Conference Standings last season.

Malla

Reaction score
Lol Cavs imploding.
Kyrie and Lebron imploding. Cavs have always been a laughing stock man... they should just get ahead of the game and trade Kyrie now, and try work something with Lakers and Lebron now as opposed to losing him for nothing.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kyrie and Lebron imploding. Cavs have always been a laughing stock man... they should just get ahead of the game and trade Kyrie now, and try work something with Lakers and Lebron now as opposed to losing him for nothing.
All I know is this season is a bigger write off than the one just gone. At least this season we had the glimmer of hope that Kyrie and LBJ could push GSW, now there is No HOPE at all.

Malla

Reaction score
All I know is this season is a bigger write off than the one just gone. At least this season we had the glimmer of hope that Kyrie and LBJ could push GSW, now there is No HOPE at all.
Never know... if they some how sort their differences out OR Cleveland trade Kyrie and accessorise accordingly, it might work out for Cleveland... but I'm afraid you're right. Going to be a write off of a year...unless another team in the West can push Dubs or they get fked by injuries.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ffs melo needs to get to rockets already

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
watch out for the bucks tbh they can now compete for the east

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gs a beast. Still it's all about the beard.

Fuck I miss the days of Iverson, Shaq, MJ and Sprewell

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kyrie traded to boston for IT , crowder zizic? And pick I think.