NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Boston trade the #1 pick for Phillys #3 pick + the lakers protected pick for next season.

Excellent trade for Philly but pretty shit for the Celtics.

Fultz fits 76ers really well and there gonna have a exciting team next season:

PG - Fultz
SG - Covington
SF - Simmons
PF - Saric
C - Embiid

Thats really exciting especially (Fultz, Simmons, Saric and Embiid) who all have star potential.

Apparently Boston really like Jackson and will take him if they can't cash in the picks for a star player, but even though they have been linked with players like Anthony Davis they won't get anyone like him, the only other option would be to try and get Butler but he won't be enough to topple the Cavs. I know they will go really hard after Hayward in free agency but that would make no sense considering they already have Crowder, Brown, Jackson (if they draft him). And there also gonna need IT to replicate his form from this season and still need to find a proper rim protector. They should've just taken Fultz and built a core around him and Brown and maybe traded the Nets pick for 2018 + Al horford for a decent centre.

Also in other news looks like Paul George is all but confirmed to be going to the Lakers in 2018 but the Pacers got screwed because someone in George's camp leaked the convo and now the Pacers will be lucky to even get a late first round pick for PG13. I think the move will be good for the Lakers if they can find a decent centre to protect him and maybe train Ingram up as a SG.

PG - Russell
SG - Ingram
SF - George
PF - Randle
C - Zubac?

Will also be interesting to see what the Clippers do regarding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, Clippers should go for a total rebuild imo and now with Jerry West in the backroom that might happen.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Boston trade the #1 pick for Phillys #3 pick + the lakers protected pick for next season.

Excellent trade for Philly but pretty shit for the Celtics.

Fultz fits 76ers really well and there gonna have a exciting team next season:

PG - Fultz
SG - Covington
SF - Simmons
PF - Saric
C - Embiid

Thats really exciting especially (Fultz, Simmons, Saric and Embiid) who all have star potential.

Apparently Boston really like Jackson and will take him if they can't cash in the picks for a star player, but even though they have been linked with players like Anthony Davis they won't get anyone like him, the only other option would be to try and get Butler but he won't be enough to topple the Cavs. I know they will go really hard after Hayward in free agency but that would make no sense considering they already have Crowder, Brown, Jackson (if they draft him). And there also gonna need IT to replicate his form from this season and still need to find a proper rim protector. They should've just taken Fultz and built a core around him and Brown and maybe traded the Nets pick for 2018 + Al horford for a decent centre.

Also in other news looks like Paul George is all but confirmed to be going to the Lakers in 2018 but the Pacers got screwed because someone in George's camp leaked the convo and now the Pacers will be lucky to even get a late first round pick for PG13. I think the move will be good for the Lakers if they can find a decent centre to protect him and maybe train Ingram up as a SG.

PG - Russell
SG - Ingram
SF - George
PF - Randle
C - Zubac?

Will also be interesting to see what the Clippers do regarding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, Clippers should go for a total rebuild imo and now with Jerry West in the backroom that might happen.
I think you'll find that Boston are preparing to use that #3 pick + other protected picks they will acquire with that trade to trade for another all-star to go with signing Hayward in free agency. They'll have a great regular season team but again...not enough to beat Lebron unless they move Isaiah Thomas for a guard that can produce the same offence only defend better.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lakers trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov for Brook Lopez and the 27th pick.

Nets easily win the trade considering there future had no hope and now suddenly looks brighter. The Lakers do however get to free cap space though and make room for Paul George. Apparently the Lakers want to trade the 27th and 28th pick + Randle for George now which also just makes no sense considering they lose 2 promising young players that would've fit with George.

Malla

Reaction score
Lakers trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov for Brook Lopez and the 27th pick.

Nets easily win the trade considering there future had no hope and now suddenly looks brighter. The Lakers do however get to free cap space though and make room for Paul George. Apparently the Lakers want to trade the 27th and 28th pick + Randle for George now which also just makes no sense considering they lose 2 promising young players that would've fit with George.
I don't think anybody won the trade... both teams got what they wanted. Lakers got rid of that Mozgov contract and moved Russell who is obviously not favoured over Ball. Lopez contract expires in a year, Lakers are clearly opening up cap space for PG13, Lebron and one other superstar (Westbrook I reckon) in 2018. I think Magic is just sick of rebuilding, time they start winning.

As for Brooklyn, perfect for them. You have a big that is a better rebounder and shot blocker than Lopez, and you've picked up a promising young guard who can definitely help you win. This trade makes Brooklyn much better.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anybody won the trade... both teams got what they wanted. Lakers got rid of that Mozgov contract and moved Russell who is obviously not favoured over Ball. Lopez contract expires in a year, Lakers are clearly opening up cap space for PG13, Lebron and one other superstar (Westbrook I reckon) in 2018. I think Magic is just sick of rebuilding, time they start winning.

As for Brooklyn, perfect for them. You have a big that is a better rebounder and shot blocker than Lopez, and you've picked up a promising young guard who can definitely help you win. This trade makes Brooklyn much better.
I'll be interested to see what they do with Ingram, his not going to start over George at SF and his not going to want to come off the bench so they will probably give him some time at SG.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the Knicks offering Porzingis for Booker + 4th pick. Lol my suns aren't that stupid.

Booker is going to be a superstar, not a doubt about it in my mind and is untouchable.

Phil Jackson is really fucking up New York by even shopping KP around.

The Suns however really want Porzingis so im sure they put in a counter offer atleast, something along the line of

4th pick + 2018/21 Miami picks + Bender + Bledsoe/Knight

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Draft:

1st - Fultz
2nd - Ball
3rd - Tatum
4th - Jackson
5th - Fox

So far.....

So happy that my Suns were able to get Josh Jackson at #4

Malla

Reaction score
Top 5 went as expected tbh.

Suns did win with that Jackson pick up... fits what they need perfectly. Now they will probably try and flip Bledsoe, Chandler and Alex Len for some wing players. Saw a rumour that Denver are pushing for a Bledsoe trade - but I think the aim for Suns is to clear cap space because you want to offer Booker a max pretty soon, he is going to be a superstar.

I think the biggest steal out of the draft was Hornets landing Monk followed by Dennis Smith to Dallas.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chicago got robbed back, They gave away:

Butler + 16th pick

for

7th pick + Lavine + Dunn

If they were trying to rebuild then why trade away the 16th pick.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck the Bulls front office. Fucking weak pricks!!!

Malla

Reaction score
Chicago got robbed back, They gave away:

Butler + 16th pick

for

7th pick + Lavine + Dunn

If they were trying to rebuild then why trade away the 16th pick.
Well.. when have the Bulls front office ever did something worthy? They got really lucky with MJ. Had the number 1 pick with Rose he was clearly the best player in that 08 draft class and got lucky with Butler who was a second round pick.

They are a dud of a team.

Malla

Reaction score
Houston traded Lou Williams, Pat Beverley, Sam Dekker and a protected first round pick 2019 (I think) for CP3 (Sign and trade).

Wow this makes Houston so much better...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Houston traded Lou Williams, Pat Beverley, Sam Dekker and a protected first round pick 2019 (I think) for CP3 (Sign and trade).

Wow this makes Houston so much better...
RIP Clippers

Malla

Reaction score
RIP Clippers
They got a lot back for CP3... but yeah will struggle to even scrape the playoffs. They MUST throw the bank at Griffin now.

Interesting to hear CP3 talk about Doc and his relationship with Austin Rivers and how bad that was for the team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
East vs West is straight murder now. Picked teams by each position *2. Then an extra forward and guard. Butler/Klay depending on preference.

East:

C- Joel Embiid
PF- Giannis Antetokounmpo
SF- LeBron James
SG- DeMar DeRozan
PG- John Wall

R1- Hassan Whiteside
R2- Kevin Love
R3- Carmelo Anthony
R4- Bradley Beal
R5- Kyrie Irving
R6- Kristaps Porzingis
R7- Isaiah Thomas

West:

C- Anthony Davis
PF- Kevin Durant
SF- Kawhi Leonard
SG- James Harden
PG- Stephen Curry

R1- Karl-Anthony Towns
R2- Draymond Green
R3- Paul George
R4- Jimmy Butler
R5- Russell Westbrook
R6- DeMarcus Cousins
R7- Chris Paul

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jeff Teague to the Wolves, they're targeting Millsap as well apparently.

Teague
Butler
Wiggins
Millsap
KAT

That's a really good line up